• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 FIFA Confederations Cup | OT | 17 June – 2 July 2017 | Putin on a show

AlexBasch

Gotta love how they all go "violent" and shit but nobody throws a punch, only pushing.

Haha.

Reyes looked like a fucking idiot.

v1lla21

Now it's a Mexico game 😎😎😎
Man these telemundo fucks sound like old men yelling at clouds.

Gotta love how they all go "violent" and shit but nobody throws a punch, only pushing.

Haha.

Reyes looked like a fucking idiot.
Nope that was a good foul or else he was gone.

RocknRola

I see Mexico turned it around. Well, as much as it may pain New Zealand, a win for Mexico was what everyone expected from the start.

Reyes deserved a card lol.

I don't know whether to love or hate how complicated we make games for ourselves

Edit: this ref, not even video helped him

AlexBasch

Now it's a Mexico game ������
Man these telemundo fucks sound like old men yelling at clouds.

Nope that was a good foul or else he was gone.
You mean the Reyes thing? I know it was a "falta táctica", haha, but he looked so desperate like "gotta fuck up his shirt, can't kick him from here". :p

v1lla21

You mean the Reyes thing? I know it was a "falta táctica", haha, but he looked so desperate like "gotta fuck up his shirt, can't kick him from here". :p
Ahh okay I thought you meant it in way that he was dumb to commit the foul. Lol. Yeah shirt pulling always looks funny.

This game was unnecessarily complicated thanks to dumbass line up and some of the players on the field.

What a cluster fuck. All of that delay for a yellow card?

Glad we won but we should not have suffered this much. Portugal will probably put 4+ goals past NZ so we can kiss 1st place goodbye.

I'm all for using replays to help decisions but they've got to make them faster. It took forever for the referee to know who to card. I thought the VAR upstairs tells him straight up who he should card. Whats the point of them if the central referee still needs to go to the monitor?

Andrefpvs

That was embarrassing for the VAR. Plenty of red card situations there, and it all ended with a couple of yellows.

If the VAR is only for red card situations, could the ref even hand out only yellow cards in that situation?

F34R

I'm all for using replays to help decisions but they've got to make them faster. It took forever for the referee to know who to card. I thought the VAR upstairs tells him straight up who he should card. Whats the point of them if the central referee still needs to go to the monitor?

Agreed. They could have been looking from the start of that melee. When the ref was told VAR, they should have advised him of who warranted a red; then he can make a decision whether to issue those cards. Maybe they did it exactly like that. /shrugs

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm glad we won but I'm sick of Osorio giving away forty-five minutes every time. New Zealand, no offense, should not force Mexico to look at the clock at the end of the match. Rotations are good when you have a long tournament, but in this type of competitions the margin of error is too small to be experimenting.

Speaking of Osorio, why was he so mad? He kept throwing insults at the kiwi coaching staff.

Marco Fabian should have been sent off. VAR needs a lot of work.

This is why they implemented it for this tourney. In more ways than one the Confederations Cup is a dress rehearsal of the WC. I hope they take lessons from this so we can have a better VAR next year. The whole world will be watching.

Top Bottom