• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2018 FIFA World Cup |OT| Go big and get VAR'd!

Mr Hyde

Why is Neymar doing that? He is such a good player he shouldn't have to resort to such disgraceful behaviour. It's so disappointing.

demigod

Neymar flop so much he's not getting the calls. Those 2 against Neymar looks like they should've been PKs.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
These refs are terrible, he shoved neymar's head.
Nope just more acting and crying from Neymar.

England, France or Belgium are prob gonna win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boss Mog

Props to Brazil for trying in the second half. Douglas Costa was by far the best Brazilian. If he had started the game they might have fared better.

longdi

Banned
Brazil robbed of a penalty...whats the point of VAR?

Seems Fifa have asked to stop VAR decisions in KO rounds.

Boring WC going forward. Colombia and Brazil got trolled by Euro VAR!

Last edited:

kischine

Let's talk about WHY exactly Brazil lost without spilling obvious stupid shit.

Brazil started with Gabriel Jesus and Paulinho, Jesus did fucking nothing the 5 games he played, no, wait, WORSE than nothing, he KILLED every single play the ball touched on him. Don't make me get every single time he touched the ball, cause I will (I'm drunk). Tite FUCKING INSISTED on starting with Gabriel Jesus even through all of this hurricane of diarrhea. I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD, if your player fucked up all the games he played in, you can't start him in the line up IN THE QUARTER FINALS OF THE WORLD CUP. I was discussing this with my best friend a week ago and this was so fucking obvious, Tite just had this faith that things would work out. And in a national championship you could have those beliefs, BUT NOT IN THE WORLD CUP. You can't just bet on faith on the only thing your whole country do well.

Ok, first goal was from Brazil, Fernadinho who was on Casemiro's place from the yellow cards. Casemiro >>>>>>>>>> Fernandinho. Second goal was from the keepers failure out of the box. Second half Tite made the switches and Brazil dominated, but it was too late and it couldn't made up for the mistakes of Tite on the first half. Done. Don't talk bullshit if you don't watch football or if you didn't even watch the game, and also pardon me because I'm so fucking pissed off.

Nice to see Brazil out after Neymar's pathetic antics.

Now come on England. And for god sake, drop Sterling and start Vardy.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I'm Brazilian, and I'm so happy!!! The country can actually function again..

Last edited:
What a game gents. I'm sad because I though we had it, but I'm proud of the fight in the team and how resilient they were to keep at it. Belgium is a fantastic team and they would make a great WC winner, I'm torn between them and Croatia. Really fantastic game.

E se você é brasileiro, daqui 15 minutos tem Craque Neto. Você não vai querer perder.

Oh Brazil. I wish you could win, but playing with Paulinho, Fernandinho and Gabriel Jesus that's really difficult. And worse, Tite kept Fernandinho till the end. He was basically a 12th Belgium player. Goddamn he sucks.

Now I'm gonna root for Belgium, their soccer is freaking amazing.

kischine

Oh Brazil. I wish you could win, but playing with Paulinho, Fernandinho and Gabriel Jesus that's really difficult. And worse, Tite kept Fernandinho till the end. He was basically a 12th Belgium player. Goddamn he sucks.

Now I'm gonna root for Belgium, their soccer is freaking amazing.
Starting with Gabriel Jesus was the mistake that cost us the game. Fernandinho is not so bad, the goal was really bad luck, after that he tilted understandably, and we couldn't put anyone tactically in his position without risking so much cause Casemiro was out. Paulinho clearly plays better on the offensive, but Tite tried to get him to be way more defensive and mark other players in this game, surprisingly it worked but it wasn't what we needed. Clearly, the biggest mistake was Gabriel Jesus instead of Firmino, or even Renato Augusto. We made huge plays but couldn't finish it because our final attack lacked responsible players.
It's so frustrating to lose because of an obvious tactical decision, bad luck and a stubborn coach.

And I honestly disagree that Belgium is amazing, to me Brazil played way better in this game, but got unlucky and shit happens.
I'm probably gonna root for France because of my lineage.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
0k9kocr.gif

Sorry BrazilGAF

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
What a game gents. I'm sad because I though we had it, but I'm proud of the fight in the team and how resilient they were to keep at it. Belgium is a fantastic team and they would make a great WC winner, I'm torn between them and Croatia. Really fantastic game.
How so? They were at 2-0 at like 31 minutes.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry friend I don't understand you, what part of my post are you asking about?
"What a game gents. I'm sad because I though we had it, but I'm proud of the fight in the team and how resilient they were to keep at it. "

They really tried in those last 15 minutes I guess.

"What a game gents. I'm sad because I though we had it, but I'm proud of the fight in the team and how resilient they were to keep at it. "

They really tried in those last 15 minutes I guess.

I don't think they ever stopped fighting, they just faced a really fantastic team. Brazil nearly scored on the first attack after Belgium's first goal and I don't think you can point to lack of effort for a reason why they lost it. I think Brazil wins that game probably 6 times out of 10, it just so happened that today was one of the 4 bad times.

Brazil could have won that game 6 nil on a different day. They had so many chances but sometimes it just isn’t your day.

If Neymar wasn’t diving all over the place then one of the penalty decisions could have been given. He is just giving the ref reasons not to take their foul claims seriously. A pathetic man-child he is.

Last edited:

Paasei

Happy to see Brazil gone. Now it's just France that has to get eliminated and I am happy. Doesn't matter who wins after that, I am happy with any champion apart from South America, Spain and France. Long live the underdogs and the rest of Europe.

Neymar is a great player, but his behavior really is that of a child. I don't like or respect him at all.

Coutinho couldn't handle the pressure of that game. Paulinho and Gabriel Jesus were completely lost. And to summarize, it's all Tite's fault. He could have changed the course of the game but he kept betting on his mistakes.

Whatever, now I just hope France and England go home and Belgium wins. :)

Atrus

Gold Member
Sweden looking to play for a participation ribbon rather than the World Cup.
England also playing terribly. This half of the bracket is a snoozefest.

longdi

Banned
lol i dont recognise half the england squad now.
both teams lacking in quality imo, sweden is worse.
Sterling is such crap player without his directness and pace, a worse version of owen.
Shitty ball control and complete lack of finishing.

longdi

Banned
Neymar is a great player, but his behavior really is that of a child. I don't like or respect him at all.

Coutinho couldn't handle the pressure of that game. Paulinho and Gabriel Jesus were completely lost. And to summarize, it's all Tite's fault. He could have changed the course of the game but he kept betting on his mistakes.

Whatever, now I just hope France and England go home and Belgium wins. :)

Tite took 74 minutes to introduce a new Renato.
Otherwise, on another day, Brazil would have outscored Belgium with the chances they created.
It was just a random bad day.
Belgium looked shaky against the nippy japs, i guess thats why he played Jesus, who was their top scorer.
Maybe Lukaku will out muscle the French, but France are hot favorites now.

Maybe that is the difference between WC winners. Besides playing in a well organised team, you need more steel to finish off your chances.

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
Swedes are so nice. If you can't score on your first attempt, they'll let you follow it again, and again, and again until you do. England really lucked out on the draw, now they'll face the best lf Russia and Croatia... Croatia being the most exciting team left on this side.

Very disappointing for a Swedish supporter, but an incredibly satisfying showing from qualifying all the way to the quarter-finals with a team that was certainly lacking in some important ways, but was completely together as a team, and ultimately more than the sum of the individual parts. And I really love them for that.

It's been a very enjoyable tournament overall, though.

A good performance from England overall. Still some poor play in places though, particularly the start. If we do make it to the final we will probably get crushed.

Mr Hyde

Congratulations, England. They were the better team, obviously, and Sweden lacked the spark and movement to be a real threat. We had three good chances to score and equalize but if we can´t get the ball in the net, well, then you lose. Sweden has weak forwards and Berg misses to many opportunities. Fifa did a poll on finishers and Berg ended up last. The first half was pretty lackluster from both teams, the second was more enjoyable with some good football from both teams.

With all that said, I´m proud of Swedens efforts and to reach the quarterfinals is no easy feat for us. We may lack in individual talent but we are strong as a team and that is a quality that will get us far. We have a prosperous future ahead of us and I think coach Janne Andersson has done an amazing job since he took office.

longdi

Banned
england vs russia for a final place? easy!
croatia was over-rated af, after argentina gave them a goal

longdi

Banned
England should be happy with either of these 2 teams.
Croatia has been England's bitch every time they meet. Croatia seems to have a hot looking president!

The 4 semi-finalists left, France has the most talented players, follow by Belgium imo

Top Bottom