• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision Blizzard Shareholders Ask Bobby Kotick to Resign

Chiggs

This guy is naive. HR Departments are there to protect the company, always, in every case. They are not there to be your friend or tuck you in at night. This is why companies pay for HR Departments and fire people who try to start unions.

I think you’re misinterpreting what he posted.

If HR stands by while mass sexual harassment takes place, they’re clearly NOT safeguarding the company. Prevention is always better than cure.

And it’s not like HR had to protect executives here…we’re talking programmers/technical teams. The whole thing boggles the mind because it’s so easily preventable.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

I think you’re misinterpreting what he posted.

If HR stands by while mass sexual harassment takes place, they’re clearly NOT safeguarding the company. Prevention is always better than cure.

And it’s not like HR had to protect executives here…we’re talking programmers/technical teams. The whole thing boggles the mind because it’s so easily preventable.
Show me the receipts. Oh that's right, they shredded the documents and busted any attempt to form unions, so there are no receipts.

Paasei

fuck off GIF

Chiggs

Show me the receipts. Oh that's right, they shredded the documents and busted any attempt to form unions, so there are no receipts.

I think we’re crossing wires here. All I’m saying is that HR could have shuffled people around, and reduced contact between parties. This is standard HR 101 stuff, so it’s stunning to see this unfold.

Wildebeest

I think we’re crossing wires here. All I’m saying is that HR could have shuffled people around, and reduced contact between parties. This is standard HR 101 stuff, so it’s stunning to see this unfold.
The thing I have a problem here is the framing that all the abusers are "neckbeards with low level jobs" and not superiors. Below and especially not at the highest levels of the organization. I didn't acknowledge it at first because it seems like wishful thinking or rampant speculation at best.

Last edited:
Top Bottom