• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAÏSanÏa

Yep, there were a group of us back in junior high (circa 2000) who chanced upon the subject and began experimenting with astral travel and OBEs. I was only ever able to...lucid dream about 2-3 times. I don't think I ever had success with astral travel. I typically could get to this phase where I my body was "falling asleep" and feeling super, super heavy...and when it got to that point, I'd start to hear a very loud whooshing noise and it would feel like my entire body were plank of wood vibrating like a see-saw incredibly fast. It would always freak me out and I'd snap out of it and never proceed beyond that point.
My experience was similar to yours to begin with. It took regular practice with mental disciplines(visualization, meditation techniques, self-hypnosis, dream recall) and several different approaches over a couple years to get it. The first to succeed motivated others. We kept at it in our own ways. Many eventually succeeding and established contact with entities.

Last edited:
Season 18 of Ancient Aliens is going on now

That long? Wow.

400449_10150531306397270_71662377_n-1.jpg

Dude has clearly reached SSJ2 levels now with that hair.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
My experience was similar to yours to begin with. It took regular practice with mental disciplines(visualization, meditation techniques, self-hypnosis, dream recall) and several different approaches over a couple years to get it. The first to succeed motivated others. We kept at it in our own ways. Many eventually succeeding and established contact with entities.

What? Okay, I'm not disputing this, but I need to know more. What entities were people in contact with? How do you know it was actual contact and not a super vivid dream?

RAÏSanÏa

What? Okay, I'm not disputing this, but I need to know more. What entities were people in contact with? How do you know it was actual contact and not a super vivid dream?
My partners and I set up simple, juvenile tests for verification of OoBEs. Usually involving objects or writing changed nightly at another residence to verify any initial experiences.

Spirit verification was individually handled. The way each handled it was very different as were the spirits. Some formed with others into covens. Mine went more the way of Heavenly Bridegrooms.

Catphish

My partners and I set up simple, juvenile tests for verification of OoBEs. Usually involving objects or writing changed nightly at another residence to verify any initial experiences.

Spirit verification was individually handled. The way each handled it was very different as were the spirits. Some formed with others into covens. Mine went more the way of Heavenly Bridegrooms.
Lies No GIF

RAÏSanÏa

I’m a pretty open-minded dude, but I’d need some kind of evidence to even consider this as anything more than fantasy, self-delusion, or outright b.s.
Thus the recommendation to make the attempt for yourself as part of gaining an understanding of it.

This is not quite so related but since most of us in here are going, if in at least somewhat, against the grain of "the norm" in our thoughts of what UFOs and aliens might be I've recently come across an old theory of explanations of myth of the ancient world.

Mind you, there is one MAJOR elephant about this theory that might as well be an instant turn off (and a massive scof) and I'm not even saying it's plausible myself, but the way it neatly ties ancient symbolism is a bit mind blowing even if you watch it for entertainment.

It's a little over an hour so it's understandable for those who would want to pass on it.

EDIT: Looked into this a bit more and honestly it's pretty damn fascinating. This video goes into the Jupiter Myth (from the Saturn Myth above) and tells of the splitting of Jupiter and Saturn and how it ended up influencing the mythology surrounding it (Chronos eats his children, Zeus triumphant, etc).

Honestly, could one just imagine how that would look like in the sky? Would make a helluva VR experience or a new fantasy theme skyscape for some games.

Last edited:
The scope/breadth of potential reality - perceivable and otherwise - is so unfathomably vast that no one should be surprised by anything that happens to them (or others) - be it aliens or otherwise. Just because we may experience things that seem to be familiar, consistent and somewhat predictable in our incredibly brief and limited window of perception of the universe, this does not suggest that this "snapshot" is indicative to any meaningful degree of the limits of possibility. I look at everything and exclaim, "What the fuck?!" :p

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

picture of a text on a screen.
We are way past that.

Honestly. At this point I will not believe ANY written proof or any eye witness who says he saw something.
Actually I have no idea what I would need to see to believe it but it's surely not a picture of a word document

StormCell

Document doesn't seem very credible. If you were going to take a photo of your DoD laptop with your cell phone, wouldn't you at least try to line up the document in the frame so you get all the text? Additionally, the vocabulary of the document is less compelling.

It's possible we're being visited by mechanical stuff. I'd even say probable. Even if they're under AI control, how would we arrive at the conclusion of mechanical life?

StormCell

Interesting:

However:
Once I saw what had him floored, I kind of exhaled a 'meh.' Who knows what all those documents are about? It would be about like you asking me to send you every document I have regarding UFOs and me sending you stacks upon stacks of eyewitness reports of unidentified objects in the sky, and you realizing that 99.8% of these are all balloons, blimps, planes, helicopters, etc. And not just hard to identify stuff but 99% of it being very obvious as soon as you see the photograph.

I'm sure there's thousands of documents on the subject in the Obama Library, but I'd be actually floored if Obama sent me a document detailing a verified exchange between our mechanical vehicles and one of these unknown aerials and us watching one of these things blip away at 40,000 mph instantly with multiple sets of instruments watching.

First video interview with Salvatore Pais, part 2 coming up soon based on audience questions:

The strange thing is this interview was initiatied by Pais.

StormCell

She's clearly very bright and in touch with reality. It's hard to find a thing that you've hardly begun to really look for. Some of that is for lack of trying (due to societal views on the subject) and some of it is the lack of the means to look.

Romulus

She's clearly very bright and in touch with reality. It's hard to find a thing that you've hardly begun to really look for. Some of that is for lack of trying (due to societal views on the subject) and some of it is the lack of the means to look.

Its insane to think that we've not even scratched the surface of our most immediate surroundings, not to mention we might be looking at the wrong things. Double whammy, blind and deaf.

StormCell

Its insane to think that we've not even scratched the surface of our most immediate surroundings, not to mention we might be looking at the wrong things. Double whammy, blind and deaf.
Yeah, and societal views are still getting in the way. There is a search for extraterrestrial life, but it's obviously not a big priority. Even discovering life on Mars is not a highest priority. They like to discuss that topic like it's a possibility when in reality Mars more than likely has some form of life living on it and in it. Today. We're not that interested yet, so we sit on the surface scratching at rocks. If and when we are really interested, we'll land a big drill and dig down several dozen meters. We'll do it in a half a dozen locations if we really want to know.

That's just Mars. I think they are pretty confident that life exists elsewhere in our solar system, so it's evidently not that big of a deal to them.

I think what human society wants is more resources and more space to occupy. We're not truly interested in alien neighbors. I think we want to have our bio domes on Mars where we bring along our own microbial life and hopefully that planet is totally sterile so there's nothing "native" to protect. lol

Last edited:
I think with more advanced telescopes we will start seeing and understanding that there is fucking nothing but airless flare blasted super earths orbiting red dwarfs, hot jupiters, ect and that earth is something very special. Maybe there is an advanced civilization per every 100 galaxies.

StormCell

I think with more advanced telescopes we will start seeing and understanding that there is fucking nothing but airless flare blasted super earths orbiting red dwarfs, hot jupiters, ect and that earth is something very special. Maybe there is an advanced civilization per every 100 galaxies.
Not implausible. I've warmed to the idea that space x time is some sort of hash table in a big "life simulator." While it seems ultimately less fun to keep all your intelligent lifeforms separated, at least we haven't been wiped out by giant striding autonomous attack mechs hunting the surface of our planet for humans that it blends up and delivers to its creators as a form of sustenance. 😬

StormCell

Yeah but this shit isn’t like star trek or star wars. its probably very very very rare and far apart in space and time
At the same time, there should be numerous planets with the key essentials for life. We ought to be able to find lifeforms on other planets. Despite the perils that await us in establishing permanent colonies on the moon and eventually Mars, we are discovering these close by destinations to be quite suitable for life. The moon has water ice and a magnetic field, and Mars has water ice and a molten core that remains active. At the rate of our discoveries we may find dinosaurs in the next closet solar system! :LOL:

IDKFA

Maybe there is an advanced civilization per every 100 galaxies

I'm more optimistic.

There are around 100-400 billion stars in just our galaxy alone. Scientists have estimated that our of those stars, there could be around 40 billion planets in just our galaxy that could support life.

That's a massive number, but of course not all of those planets will have human-like or more advanced intelligent life. Let's say life is rare and only 0.1 percent of those planets have life. Life that ranges from microbacterium to life that can travel between start systems. That's still 40 million planets in our galaxy that have life.

Let's then say intelligent life is even more rare. Maybe 0.1 percent of those 40 million planets. That's still 40,000 planets with intelligent life. Maybe just a handful of those have life that is able to explore the galaxy, but that's still huge numbers. I'm absolutely sure there is more than just one advanced species per 100 galaxies.

Basically, I firmly believe that our universe and galaxy is teeming with life. We haven't found any yet because we've only looked at a very tiny percent of what's out there.

StormCell

I'm more optimistic.

There are around 100-400 billion stars in just our galaxy alone. Scientists have estimated that our of those stars, there could be around 40 billion planets in just our galaxy that could support life.

That's a massive number, but of course not all of those planets will have human-like or more advanced intelligent life. Let's say life is rare and only 0.1 percent of those planets have life. Life that ranges from microbacterium to life that can travel between start systems. That's still 40 million planets in our galaxy that have life.

Let's then say intelligent life is even more rare. Maybe 0.1 percent of those 40 million planets. That's still 40,000 planets with intelligent life. Maybe just a handful of those have life that is able to explore the galaxy, but that's still huge numbers. I'm absolutely sure there is more than just one advanced species per 100 galaxies.

Basically, I firmly believe that our universe and galaxy is teeming with life. We haven't found any yet because we've only looked at a very tiny percent of what's out there.
This doesn't factor time, which is massive/infinite. You have 40,000 planets with intelligent life scattered across billions of years. How many of those have passed before we arrived, and how many will come into being after we're gone?

MrMephistoX

I'm more optimistic.

It’s also quite possible that interstellar travel is so hard of a nut to crack that no civilizations have mastered it before depleting the resources respective planets and once they have the tech it’s a last ditch effort to save their species. Like I could completely believe that a species might create an ark and get stranded and be forced to go back to the Stone Age once their tech batteries run out: while they have the magic they’re gods to the locals or subsequent generations born in a tech-less era scraping by on a planet: basically the scenario in Raised By Wolves which honestly seems plausible to me but the only proof is legends passed down orally until paper gets reinvented and the printing press. Hint to Elon bring analogue type writers and papyrus recipes to Mars. UAPs could be anything from sophisticated robot tech to time travel to aliens no one knows what they are and most claiming to have it figured out are crackpots.

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
On paper I think there is intelligent life out there in the universe - simply because it is so vast. There are billions and billions of planets. The milky way is nothing but a mere speck of dust in the cosmos.

However, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we were the only life forms in the entire universe. Our very existence is nothing short of a miracle. Whilst there may be primitive forms of life on a galaxy far away, the jump to intelligent life is a gargantuan feet in itself.

StormCell

On paper I think there is intelligent life out there in the universe - simply because it is so vast. There are billions and billions of planets. The milky way is nothing but a mere speck of dust in the cosmos.

However, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we were the only life forms in the entire universe. Our very existence is nothing short of a miracle. Whilst there may be primitive forms of life on a galaxy far away, the jump to intelligent life is a gargantuan feet in itself.
I don't disagree with your sentiment, however I feel a need to acknowledge the other intelligent creatures on our planet. Dogs, cats, and chimps interact with humans on a daily basis and some even learn to communicate and convey complex thoughts and even feelings. Dolphins and elephants may be even more intelligent than the former and have been observed in the wild creating and using tools. Both have demonstrated awareness of self as well as surroundings and have on multiple recorded events saved people whose lives were in danger. Far from the least of these are the crows and ravens who not only share information from one bird to the next but have passed on experiences and stories from one side of town to the other and from one generation to the next. These are all complex creatures who are demonstrating higher levels of intelligence than we tend to recognize.

All that separates them from us is farming. By most accounts, they seem to lead nomadic lifestyles as opposed to planting their roots and constructing cities.

Last edited:

IDKFA

This doesn't factor time, which is massive/infinite. You have 40,000 planets with intelligent life scattered across billions of years. How many of those have passed before we arrived, and how many will come into being after we're gone?

It’s also quite possible that interstellar travel is so hard of a nut to crack that no civilizations have mastered it before depleting the resources respective planets and once they have the tech it’s a last ditch effort to save their species. Like I could completely believe that a species might create an ark and get stranded and be forced to go back to the Stone Age once their tech batteries run out: while they have the magic they’re gods to the locals or subsequent generations born in a tech-less era scraping by on a planet: basically the scenario in Raised By Wolves which honestly seems plausible to me but the only proof is legends passed down orally until paper gets reinvented and the printing press. Hint to Elon bring analogue type writers and papyrus recipes to Mars. UAPs could be anything from sophisticated robot tech to time travel to aliens no one knows what they are and most claiming to have it figured out are crackpots.

I don't doubt that human-like life would be very rare. A species able to travel the stars would be even more rare, but based on numbers alone and even taking time into account, I'd say there could be dozens of species in our galaxy that are far more technologically advanced than us.

I can't buy that. There is a strong possibility that we're not the only life forms in our own star systems. Places like Europa and Ganymede are strong contenders for life.

It's impossible to say how many stars there really are in the universe, but one popular figure is that there are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on earth. Now think about how many planets there are in the universe. To think we're the only life in the universe is unthinkable.

Edit

Looks like like the figure of 40 billion planets in the Milky way is a very low estimate. A more relasitic estimate could be around 1-to-10 trillion orbiting planets in our own galaxy.

Put that into a universal scale, and you're looking at 10^25 planets!

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

I don't doubt that human-like life would be very rare. A species able to travel the stars would be even more rare, but based on numbers alone and even taking time into account, I'd say there could be dozens of species in our galaxy that are far more technologically advanced than us.

I can't buy that. There is a strong possibility that we're not the only life forms in our own star systems. Places like Europa and Ganymede are strong contenders for life.

It's impossible to say how many stars there really are in the universe, but one popular figure is that there are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on earth. Now think about how many planets there are in the universe. To think we're the only life in the universe is unthinkable.

Edit

Looks like like the figure of 40 billion planets in the Milky way is a very low estimate. A more relasitic estimate could be around 1-to-10 trillion orbiting planets in our own galaxy.

Put that into a universal scale, and you're looking at 10^25 planets!

Researching the Fermi paradox and the great filter have me more pessimistic than I used to be. I hope it’s true and I have no problem believing there could be intelligent life out there but the tech to make interstellar FTL or warp drive possible may be the great filter considering what we’re doing to our planet. Musk is right colonize Mars then the asteroid belt and then the moons of Jupiter and Saturn…then we have a chance by distributing the population off world and building off that…hell of a lot easier to launch interstellar craft from bases with lower than earth gravity.

OZ9000

Banned
Researching the Fermi paradox and the great filter have me more pessimistic than I used to be. I hope it’s true and I have no problem believing there could be intelligent life out there but the tech to make interstellar FTL or warp drive possible may be the great filter considering what we’re doing to our planet. Musk is right colonize Mars then the asteroid belt and then the moons of Jupiter and Saturn…then we have a chance by distributing the population off world and building off that…hell of a lot easier to launch interstellar craft from bases with lower than earth gravity.
The radiation makes this dream far from a reality.

Mars would need to be an underground cavern for it to be hospitable for humans.

StormCell

It sometimes seems so crazy. There are billions of people on this planet. There are trillions of stars in this galaxy. There are a trillion galaxies in this universe. This universe we still don't understand could even consist of mirror copies of us playing out their lives in each galaxy for all we know.

For my entire existence, all I've ever wanted was to travel through the universe and see what's going on. Imagine what's out there.

noonjam

StormCell

That moment when you realize that everything from the X-Files was just the tip of the iceberg of what the government has really been investigating and trying to make sense of...

Chiggs

Some really bizarre stuff in here.

Skeptics are crying their eyes out.

There is way too many pages to look through to see if it has already being mentioned yet, but did people hear the interview with Dr. Shirley Wright about how Albert Einstein and her went to see the Roswell crash and interacted with the Aliens?
Dr Wright is a legit person and would have absolutely no reason to make this up. It would only ever put a cloud on her career, especially when she came out with it. It was of no benefit to her to make it up. She never went on tour, or wrote a book about it. She mearly told an interviewer about it once and then that was it. When you listen to the interview she sounds pretty honest about it.

Last edited:

Romulus

There is way too many pages to look through to see if it has already being mentioned yet, but did people hear the interview with Dr. Shirley Wright about how Albert Einstein and her went to see the Roswell crash and interacted with the Aliens?
Dr Wright is a legit person and would have absolutely no reason to make this up. It would only ever put a cloud on her career, especially when she came out with it. It was of no benefit to her to make it up. She never went on tour, or wrote a book about it. She mearly told an interviewer about it once and then that was it. When you listen to the interview she sounds pretty honest about it.

Albert Einstein interacted with aliens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom