• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiggs

After the hearing ended, Rep. Tim Burchett (R-Tenn.), in the audience, immediately alleged “a coverup” by the military and said the only thing he learned is that “the coverup will continue.”

Speaking to reporters in the hearing room, he denounced the “arrogance of the military and the Pentagon and Congress” for not revealing more about UFOs. “I have a T-shirt that I sell on my website,” Burchett said. “It says more people believe in UFOs than believe in Congress.”

Pretty much.

The United States Government is hopelessly corrupt.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Someone really put me in my place today. I told him I had an open mind. He stopped me, put me in my place and the rest of the subreddit down voted me. And maybe they're right.

Never admit defeat to a bunch of reddit idiots in a ufo thread. They don't know wtf they're talking about either.

Last edited:
Yep, the fix is in. To me the discussion around the Pyramid videos was proof of it.
The claimed that there was two videos of similar things recorded years apart and that this allowed them to prove it was a bokah effect that made them look like pyramids so therefore case closed.
Huh? Do they think we are idiots? Do they think we are all Mick West's?
Fact 1. There were a number of vehicles buzzing around the ships for hours on end. They were videoed and the one with the pyramid was released. The ships uses anti drone capabilities which did nothing.
They were illuminated. They were viewed on radar, and visually. They were silent. They stayed around your hours, against the strong winds, and the times they were up was longer than battery powered drones can last. They could not track where they came from and where they went, even with their advanced tech. They used their night optics to film the illuminated craft which they were viewing with their eyes.
They way they dismissed it was to say that the pyramid effect was caused by optical issues so therefore there is nothing else to talk about. The shape in the most insignificant part of the whole event. They didn't discuss the other video of the sphere going into the water did they? They didn't discuss the black triangle picture taken from a cockpit did they.
The fix is in.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
No he's probably very correct here and I'm the one who's wrong.

Screenshot-20220517-202602.jpg

Screenshot-20220517-202607.jpg

This person is most likely right and I've been fooled all this years even by people I really trusted in the UFO COMMUNITY such as George Knapp and it's extremely disappointing now to hear this.

Last edited:

StormCell

This person is most likely right and I've been fooled all this years even by people I really trusted in the UFO COMMUNITY such as George Knapp and it's extremely disappointing now to hear this.
I understand your disappointment, but please also understand that something was a much bigger deal to you than it was a lot of other people. For me, this Skinwalker ranch thing was very low tier, minor... has as much to do with aliens as big foot and loch ness. There are much bigger far more puzzling physically impossible to dismiss things than this ranch. Unlike UFO communities, we don't rush to conclusions declaring "ALIENS!!!" Instead, we give it the concerned look it deserves and wonder what it could possibly be since none of our known descriptors seem to fit it and things like it...

Screenshot-20220517-202602.jpg

Screenshot-20220517-202607.jpg

When people make money off paranormal activity, you might think those people want to make money on a consistent basis. Most of this stuff is bullshit.

Lol, such respect for the American people. These fucking agencies….
In the words of Lincoln, "and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

What a farce the world (government(s)) is. Anyone who believes in or participates in the system is utterly delusional.

Darkmakaimura

When people make money off paranormal activity, you might think those people want to make money on a consistent basis. Most of this stuff is bullshit.
When you say most of this stuff is bullshit, are you talking about the Skinwalker Ranch or what that guy wrote on the Warhammer 40,000 board?

What that guy wrote came off his hostile to me and he downvoted me into the negatives. Yes I'm really pissed about that. But he's also correct and I am an idiot.

The problem goes beyond Skinwalker Ranch and just into the UFO field. Look at the whole controversy now surrounding Lue Elizondo. You also have someone like George Knapp who I admired and even held up as a hero to a degree and it seems like he's in on all this. The fact that he might be a con man is probably the most disturbing part for me and definitely the most depressing. Actually to say it's depressing is an understatement for me considering I held him up in high regards.

I'm sorry folks but I'm losing faith. "I want to believe" but the fact is almost everything seems like bullshit.

StormCell

I'm sorry folks but I'm losing faith. "I want to believe" but the fact is almost everything seems like bullshit.
Don't spill your apologies here. I doubt any of us cares what you believe. This isn't a topic for faith. None of us knows for certain what the objects are that the navy has encountered, and the only details we have are basically second hand. We haven't even gotten to see the videos that are still classified secret. It could be anything, which includes aliens but also includes super statically charged fuzz. Who really knows??

I get a bit aggressive, though, with people entering this thread and posting "seems like bullshit" and "it's all bullshit, folks." It's pretty unlikely anyone will know enough of the facts to offer that conclusion.

Darkmakaimura

Don't spill your apologies here. I doubt any of us cares what you believe. This isn't a topic for faith. None of us knows for certain what the objects are that the navy has encountered, and the only details we have are basically second hand. We haven't even gotten to see the videos that are still classified secret. It could be anything, which includes aliens but also includes super statically charged fuzz. Who really knows??

I get a bit aggressive, though, with people entering this thread and posting "seems like bullshit" and "it's all bullshit, folks." It's pretty unlikely anyone will know enough of the facts to offer that conclusion.
You're right, I'm not sorry. Actually this should be discussing both why you think it exists and for people discussing why it's probably bullshit.

The thread title here is not "for those who believe" and you better be ready to take a viewpoints that are going to counter those who do believe.

Even the OP of this thread changed his mind and heart and no longer really believes it. People change and I can express what I want in other people can express what they want.

One fact seems to remain clear. That is there's more evidence against all of this then there is for it. We still have no good physical evidence and without that it's all hearsay after all these decades.

Last edited:

StormCell

You're right, I'm not sorry. Actually this should be discussing both why you think it exists and for people discussing why it's probably bullshit.

The thread title here is not "for those who believe" and you better be ready to take a viewpoints that are going to counter those who do believe.

Even the OP of this thread changed his mind and heart and no longer really believes it. People change and I can express what I want in other people can express what they want.

One fact seems to remain clear. That is there's more evidence against all of this then there is for it. We still have no good physical evidence and without that it's all hearsay after all these decades.
Unfortunately, yes. We have some credible accounts from highly respected and credentialed individuals. Those individuals also happen to be retired and their clearances have all expired. They all seem to walk a very fine line on divulging information that is no longer classified or is now available to the public, and we do have to ask certain questions such as what their particular motivation would be behind driving interest in this topic.

I do feel comfortable saying that on a few occasions something has obviously happened that has so far eluded all known terrestrial explanations. Which is to say that if you walked up to a pond in your neighbor's yard and a strange tic tac shaped object was hovering over the water without making a sound and you witnessed it do things no drone or similar aircraft could manage, that's why the object eludes known terrestrial explanations.

It's not that it's definitely aliens, because we have zero evidence to support it being anything at this point. It just IS, and it's concerning.

Darkmakaimura

Unfortunately, yes. We have some credible accounts from highly respected and credentialed individuals. Those individuals also happen to be retired and their clearances have all expired. They all seem to walk a very fine line on divulging information that is no longer classified or is now available to the public, and we do have to ask certain questions such as what their particular motivation would be behind driving interest in this topic.

I do feel comfortable saying that on a few occasions something has obviously happened that has so far eluded all known terrestrial explanations. Which is to say that if you walked up to a pond in your neighbor's yard and a strange tic tac shaped object was hovering over the water without making a sound and you witnessed it do things no drone or similar aircraft could manage, that's why the object eludes known terrestrial explanations.

It's not that it's definitely aliens, because we have zero evidence to support it being anything at this point. It just IS, and it's concerning.
As I mentioned though earlier, I'm weery even with those who have very good credentials.

Some people working on the Skinwalker Ranch had very good credentials. George Knapp is an award-winning investigative journalist with excellent credentials and look where he's at now with everything.

There was a general in the Israeli military on his deathbed spouting all sorts of ridiculous claims about federations of aliens and everything. A legit General.

Again, I don't care how honest or what rank they are at or how well respected or trusted they are, I'm having issues trusting any of them now.

And now you have all that controversy over Luis Elizondo that's making things even worse.

I really have to reiterate everything here.

I was like you and everyone else until the other day. I was a believer at least an open-minded skeptic.

I have the fact shown that people I respected are turning out to be possible con artists really tears at me.

I guess you can laugh and you probably will, but it's putting me on the verge of crying because of all this. I've been into the stuff ever since I was a little kid and it hurts me to hear that most of this stuff it's just bogus or at least we're getting nowhere at all it seems.

Darkmakaimura

I really hope I didn't make any accusations that are going to hurt anyone and that was not my intention to hurt anyone but I probably did.

I'm not going to go into a sob store on your details, but I'm just going through personal issues and having my own internal conflicts and I might have let somebody get the better of me.

I just don't know what to believe because I've heard good evidence against the Skinwalker Ranch for example. I might have also ended up upsetting the ranch owner which I shouldn't have done.

It's all confusing and I don't know what's real or what is it because there doesn't seem any real good solid clear evidence for or against.

Last edited:
It's all confusing and I don't know what's real or what is it because there doesn't seem any real good solid clear evidence for or against.

Have you read Jacques Vallée's Dimensions? I found it quite comforting in regards to the lack of solid clear evidence. The English audiobook has a wonderful narrator if you're into that.

Darkmakaimura

I feel very bad for accusing good people of making hoaxes and lying.

I let myself become manipulated by debunkers and my attitude towards certain people was uncalled for.

So, in regards to what I said above, I was very wrong.

I let personal issues both slightly related and unrelated get the best of me. I called out somebody who seems like a very upstanding and good man a "liar" and "hoaxer" and I've already apologized for such uncalled accusations.

So for those of you here who are upset with me, you have every damn right to be.

When you say most of this stuff is bullshit, are you talking about the Skinwalker Ranch or what that guy wrote on the Warhammer 40,000 board?

What that guy wrote came off his hostile to me and he downvoted me into the negatives. Yes I'm really pissed about that. But he's also correct and I am an idiot.

The problem goes beyond Skinwalker Ranch and just into the UFO field. Look at the whole controversy now surrounding Lue Elizondo. You also have someone like George Knapp who I admired and even held up as a hero to a degree and it seems like he's in on all this. The fact that he might be a con man is probably the most disturbing part for me and definitely the most depressing. Actually to say it's depressing is an understatement for me considering I held him up in high regards.

The problem is ,all the people wanting to believe. People want to believe so much that logic and reality go out the window, and so badly do people want something interesting to be out there. But realistically, the chances are very slim.

Razorback

I feel very bad for accusing good people of making hoaxes and lying.

I let myself become manipulated by debunkers and my attitude towards certain people was uncalled for.

So, in regards to what I said above, I was very wrong.

I let personal issues both slightly related and unrelated get the best of me. I called out somebody who seems like a very upstanding and good man a "liar" and "hoaxer" and I've already apologized for such uncalled accusations.

So for those of you here who are upset with me, you have every damn right to be.

From the few posts you made in this thread you seem like someone that engages with arguments and evidence even if it goes against what you believe. And instead of ignoring the cognitive dissonance you go through it and the painful process of reviewing your beliefs. It's very rare to see someone be honest about this on the internet. Just wanted to acknowledge it and give you credit for ti.

But in this last post it kind of seems like the pain might be getting to be a bit too much and so you're backtracking again and maybe returning to the more comfortable zone of believing that you weren't being fooled all these years? Even if you're doing it unknowingly you returned to this place full of believers in the hopes that they might renew your faith and take the pain away. It's human nature so I'm not judging. I could also be misinterpreting what you wrote and in that case I apologise.

StormCell

I guess you can laugh and you probably will, but it's putting me on the verge of crying because of all this. I've been into the stuff ever since I was a little kid and it hurts me to hear that most of this stuff it's just bogus or at least we're getting nowhere at all it seems.
I wouldn't laugh at that. There are people in this thread, myself included, who have strong spiritual/religious backgrounds who've endured similar with negative news and revelations about churches, catholic priests, youth pastors, mega church pastors, and various other hits. It doesn't mean the whole thing or the actual thing, itself, is bullshit, it just means that the specific aspect of it isn't what it seemed. We get really intimately connected with things that interest us, and to find out a lot of people feel the opposite about the thing hurts, I think.

I've endured a lot of ridicule from atheists over the years, because, and I won't deny it, I'm pretty smart and I like to engage intellectually with other very knowledgeable people. I find that no matter how little evidence there is for the existence of God, the idea that our universe doesn't exist in base reality and that factually there's just as little evidence of our universe having happened randomly is equally amusing, and so I thumb my nose back at them. Aliens existing? Yes. No. Maybe. There's no evidence either way!! -throws stack of papers containing facts into the air-

StormCell

people want something interesting to be out there. But realistically, the chances are very slim.
Could you maybe elaborate on this some? I think I might strongly disagree, but then I'm not really sure you meant this as it sounds. There are loads of very interesting things out there, but they may not be extra terrestrials. We don't even know what "reality" is, so...

Razorback

Could you maybe elaborate on this some? I think I might strongly disagree, but then I'm not really sure you meant this as it sounds. There are loads of very interesting things out there, but they may not be extra terrestrials. We don't even know what "reality" is, so...

Not the person you're responding to but I'd like to share my thoughts.

Let's say that interesting things are things that people are not used to experiencing very often or at all. People like and desire to experience interesting things because humans enjoy novelty.
Following this logic, that interesting things are rare, the most interesting things are the rarest and therefore the chances of experiencing them are "very slim".

But the desire to experience them is strong, therefore "wanting to believe" is a common occurrence and then people develop false hopes about the actual chances of experiencing them. The same thing applies to people who play the lottery. They don't understand statistics.

Imagine for a second an alternate reality where aliens have never visited the Earth at all. What would look different? Wouldn't we still have UFO's? What's stopping people from misidentifying balloons or camera artifacts? Surely we would still get tons of claims of hard to explain stuff, right? So the difference between this world and that one doesn't actually seem that great?

Putting a lot of confidence that some of the unexplained cases actually have an extremely interesting explanation seems like a bad bet.

StormCell

Imagine for a second an alternate reality where aliens have never visited the Earth at all. What would look different? Wouldn't we still have UFO's? What's stopping people from misidentifying balloons or camera artifacts? Surely we would still get tons of claims of hard to explain stuff, right? So the difference between this world and that one doesn't actually seem that great?

Putting a lot of confidence that some of the unexplained cases actually have an extremely interesting explanation seems like a bad bet.
I guess it just all depends on what a person finds interesting or exciting. I like science. I like things that haven't been figured out. I find it interesting when we discover a large aquatic creature swimming deep in the ocean. I found the slot experiment that basically broke open the gates to quantum research extremely exciting...

In the scenario you provide, you mention that the differences wouldn't seem that great, but it makes me wonder about a few things. One, I wonder what the probability is that we have been visited, however likely it is in this reality. There may be stark differences between those two realities if, in the other, they haven't ever been visited. We used to think that water was scarce in space, and that Earth having it was an exception. What if in their reality that's true, and the the rest of the solar system has very little water? That would make deep space observations very different from what we know in our reality, as the questions they would be asking would be quite different (ie. Are we possibly the only life in the universe? Can water even exist around most types of stars? Why isn't there more water? Did water happen accidentally? lol) In their reality, life on other worlds could be extra exceedingly rare, whereas in our reality we suspect it shouldn't be that incredibly rare -- we're looking for signs of it on Mars whereas 20 years ago it may have been a near-forgone conclusion that Mars was always very dead.

If I lived in that alternate reality, I would be very interested to find out what the objects are like the one the USS Nimitz encountered. The dark blob that appeared to roll some coal in the one video from a different encounter has me very intrigued also -- what kind of boulder shoots through the air with its own propulsion? We've had opportunities to study metals and minerals from similar objects as these to try and determine whether they are terrestrial, ya know? I've read some great interviews and analysis on sites like Buzzfeed and such (mainstream), and the answers are nevertheless fascinating. They do seem to be terrestrial but they're not ordinary (that's the best way I can put it). So what were the objects? It's still a complete mystery. What can make a hunk of mineral do the things we're seeing? It's puzzling. Maybe it's not aliens. Maybe it's octopi. Maybe we'll learn there's huge cities of tentacle beings at the bottom of our oceans, and maybe these things are their planes. They may be very interested to figure out a means of first contact with us.

Or, maybe there's some sort of atmospheric charge that can send boulders flying into the atmosphere and hold them there, like electro-magnetic atmospheric anomolies, and while boulders are caught in this strange phase there's a state that enables them to zip as if they were pure energy (think lightning zipping and zapping in all manner of directions).

All of this excites me because it means something. It can have practical application if we can figure it out. It doesn't have to be aliens to be very, very exciting stuff!

I'm such a nerd...

EDIT: One last thought... as it pertains to aliens, I have always been on the fence on whether I really want there to be aliens visiting us. The consequences of such a reality can be very jarring. It's not just about human society and longstanding cultural things such as religion, but it's also about concepts such as sovereignty, free will, and aspects of self-governing. If these craft do belong to aliens, what if we find out that they have occupied the rest of our solar system for resource harvesting? What if suddenly we have to get permission from them to do anything in space beyond basic exploration? We could find ourselves boxed in at the start of a massive 4x space strategy scenario. lol

Just understand that there can be consequences to the reality of aliens being here. They never really explain how it is that the aliens in Star Trek just kind of let the humans take the lead with the Federation, or the proposition is that we all learned warp travel at roughly the same time. We're on the brink of being a primitive culture discovered by someone who could be the Federation or they could be the Klingons or Romulans, or even the Cardasians. It can suck major butthole to be found by the wrong people.

Last edited:
While I believe there is life out there and yes, I'm sure we've been visited. But the realms of possibility get shorter the stranger the stories get. Do I believe that people see things in the sky? Yes, I've seen things too. But take something like skin walker ranch with a small amount of witnesses, hell no, not a chance. Once you take faith out of it, because that's what most believers rely on, then the window of opportunity gets smaller. Secondly, the more money someone gets from a niche market, the less the stories are true.

The thing I find interesting is, that the more space travel becomes the norm the more we will have people in space to see such things. That being said, not man that've been to space has said too much.

Last edited:

Razorback

I guess it just all depends on what a person finds interesting or exciting. I like science. I like things that haven't been figured out. I find it interesting when we discover a large aquatic creature swimming deep in the ocean. I found the slot experiment that basically broke open the gates to quantum research extremely exciting...

Seems like you agree with me. All of those things you mentioned are rare things you don't come across very often in daily life. It'd be hard to find someone who would disagree that meeting Aliens would rank pretty much at the top of the interestingness scale. Not because Aliens are intrinsically interesting. If you saw them all the time they would be about as interesting as Jawas are to Luke Skywalker. Eventually you get used to anything.

In the scenario you provide, you mention that the differences wouldn't seem that great, but it makes me wonder about a few things. One, I wonder what the probability is that we have been visited, however likely it is in this reality. There may be stark differences between those two realities if, in the other, they haven't ever been visited. We used to think that water was scarce in space, and that Earth having it was an exception. What if in their reality that's true, and the the rest of the solar system has very little water? That would make deep space observations very different from what we know in our reality, as the questions they would be asking would be quite different (ie. Are we possibly the only life in the universe? Can water even exist around most types of stars? Why isn't there more water? Did water happen accidentally? lol) In their reality, life on other worlds could be extra exceedingly rare, whereas in our reality we suspect it shouldn't be that incredibly rare -- we're looking for signs of it on Mars whereas 20 years ago it may have been a near-forgone conclusion that Mars was always very dead.

Did we really use to think water outside the Earth was scarce? Maybe evidence of water outside the Earth was scarce, but I'm sure scientists had a pretty good understanding of the distribution of different chemical elements in the universe.
I'm not sure if what I'm about to claim is exactly right but I think that the periodic table of elements shows a progression of the most common elements to the least common. Hydrogen and Oxygen are both near the top of the most common elements in the universe with hydrogen being number one. Europa, a moon of Jupiter has twice as much liquid water beneath it's ice shell than all of the Earth's oceans combined.

I'm assuming you're mentioning water as it's a very common cited ingredient necessary for life, implying that where there's water there might be life. Maybe water is necessary for life, but that gives you zero information about the likelihood of finding life where you find water. We only have one example of life emerging, so extrapolating on how common life is in the universe with only one example doesn't work.
But I agree that finding microbial life somewhere in the solar system would definitely increase the odds that life is common.
It would also be incredibly interesting news, but not even in the same league as finding evidence of an advanced alien civilization.

If I lived in that alternate reality, I would be very interested to find out what the objects are like the one the USS Nimitz encountered. The dark blob that appeared to roll some coal in the one video from a different encounter has me very intrigued also -- what kind of boulder shoots through the air with its own propulsion? We've had opportunities to study metals and minerals from similar objects as these to try and determine whether they are terrestrial, ya know? I've read some great interviews and analysis on sites like Buzzfeed and such (mainstream), and the answers are nevertheless fascinating. They do seem to be terrestrial but they're not ordinary (that's the best way I can put it). So what were the objects? It's still a complete mystery. What can make a hunk of mineral do the things we're seeing? It's puzzling. Maybe it's not aliens. Maybe it's octopi. Maybe we'll learn there's huge cities of tentacle beings at the bottom of our oceans, and maybe these things are their planes. They may be very interested to figure out a means of first contact with us.
Or, maybe there's some sort of atmospheric charge that can send boulders flying into the atmosphere and hold them there, like electro-magnetic atmospheric anomolies, and while boulders are caught in this strange phase there's a state that enables them to zip as if they were pure energy (think lightning zipping and zapping in all manner of directions).

All of this excites me because it means something. It can have practical application if we can figure it out. It doesn't have to be aliens to be very, very exciting stuff!

I'm such a nerd...

Are those feats clearly identifiable in the videos themselves, or are they what witnesses claim to have seen or their interpretation of the footage? By using words like boulder and propulsion and hunk of mineral you are already offering explanations to what these things might be. So have they been identified or not? A Boulder flying around in incredible ways sounds to me like something very interesting. Interesting explanations are rare so they feel sus to me.

I want to underline that idea. Our felt sense of how interesting something is directly correlated to how rare that thing is. That's what the feeling is, a mental heuristic, a metric. It relates to actual probabilities in the real world.
In common folk wisdom, if something sounds too good to be true...

Darkmakaimura

I'm actually curious, although I bet you I'm not going to like the answer to what Elon Musk thinks about UFOs and high strangeness.

Darkmakaimura

Why would an exorcism work on an alien?

Unless it wasn't an alien.

Unless it wasn't an extraterrestrial alien but an extra dimensional alien and not even then why would an exorcism work?

It's perhaps extra dimensional but supernatural and part and parcel to Christianity, judaism, Islam or whatever.

Last edited:

StormCell

While I believe there is life out there and yes, I'm sure we've been visited. But the realms of possibility get shorter the stranger the stories get. Do I believe that people see things in the sky? Yes, I've seen things too. But take something like skin walker ranch with a small amount of witnesses, hell no, not a chance. Once you take faith out of it, because that's what most believers rely on, then the window of opportunity gets smaller. Secondly, the more money someone gets from a niche market, the less the stories are true.

The thing I find interesting is, that the more space travel becomes the norm the more we will have people in space to see such things. That being said, not man that've been to space has said too much.

There have been some interesting things said by astronauts and similar, however there is something you need to keep in mind. People who work for the government, whether it's Space, DoD, FBI, or similar, handle very sensitive information that is often classified. Leaking information to the public that isn't public can carry criminal charges. If what you are wanting is somebody who went to space to give an interview stating that they saw saucers flying about in space all the time, well those mission details are likely classified. I have a friend who used to be in the Navy just a few years ago, and I wanted to know his thoughts on the USS Nimitz incident. I wanted to know what his experience was like in the Navy since he would spend months out to sea, and his response to me was that he'd love to tell me but that all details about his missions at sea were classified.

In hindsight, it wasn't a bright question on my part because I already knew this.

A few interesting links though...

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Off world entities have been coming here for thousands of years and made great civilizations.

Inner conflict and massive (almost) earth destroying incidents left us with little proof/ religious ( less knowledgeable and easy to use misinterpreted sacred moral and spiritual left over knowledg) factions made (from their pov) great advancement to serve as so called sons and direct disciples of gods intentions and all their interpretation entailed. The dark times. We're still in those times albeit quite different. Just look at how the news and education system misled and manipulated us for generations.. ill stop at politics. Such a clown world farce world we live in. Sad

Sorry for my incoherent rant

No wonder I'm single 😅

Last edited:

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I admit defeat whenever I'm actually defeated. Which is more often than not.

901 GIF

Chin up baby. The glory of forum battling is that you can literally never lose unless you actually tell you them you lost. Just keep talking in circles and call him a dumbfuck.

It's not about actually proving any points, its about making sure the opponent never feels like he made you question yourself.

If you think you actually lost just eat the emotion and remember next time to tweak your argument. Don't let em smell blood.

Last edited:
There have been some interesting things said by astronauts and similar, however there is something you need to keep in mind. People who work for the government, whether it's Space, DoD, FBI, or similar, handle very sensitive information that is often classified. Leaking information to the public that isn't public can carry criminal charges. If what you are wanting is somebody who went to space to give an interview stating that they saw saucers flying about in space all the time, well those mission details are likely classified. I have a friend who used to be in the Navy just a few years ago, and I wanted to know his thoughts on the USS Nimitz incident. I wanted to know what his experience was like in the Navy since he would spend months out to sea, and his response to me was that he'd love to tell me but that all details about his missions at sea were classified.

In hindsight, it wasn't a bright question on my part because I already knew this.

A few interesting links though...

Right, but now we're getting private citizens, albeit rich, heading out into space. That's what I'm referring to.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Take a real look a the current state of Earth.the 1%. The political system, the current education system that mostly acts as an indoctrination model for humans to work the system. Ancient inefficient housing and transit system infrastructure that emotionally and purposefully downplaying love gowth of consiounous and awareness of dealing with our planet (polluting)

But yeah multi billionaire toke a space trip. So cool

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
But let's wonder why green men haven't visited our planet that's in cancerous control purposely withelďing growth on a massive emotional and practical (infrastructure) scale. FFS

Even our renewed supermarket make casino sounds to manipulate you into getting a "good" feeling spending money on overpriced groceries. Such an evolved society. And nobody realizes.

Last edited:

Romulus

I feel like beings traveling from other star systems wouldn't be impressed with us at all. We basically live in squalor and shit and destroy everything we touch. You can see the space trash orbiting around earth from millions of miles away and then when you finally enter the atmosphere theres another giant landfill of death with hairless monkeys shooting rockets at each other.

StormCell

Seems like you agree with me. All of those things you mentioned are rare things you don't come across very often in daily life. It'd be hard to find someone who would disagree that meeting Aliens would rank pretty much at the top of the interestingness scale. Not because Aliens are intrinsically interesting. If you saw them all the time they would be about as interesting as Jawas are to Luke Skywalker. Eventually you get used to anything.

Did we really use to think water outside the Earth was scarce? Maybe evidence of water outside the Earth was scarce, but I'm sure scientists had a pretty good understanding of the distribution of different chemical elements in the universe.
I'm not sure if what I'm about to claim is exactly right but I think that the periodic table of elements shows a progression of the most common elements to the least common. Hydrogen and Oxygen are both near the top of the most common elements in the universe with hydrogen being number one. Europa, a moon of Jupiter has twice as much liquid water beneath it's ice shell than all of the Earth's oceans combined.

I'm assuming you're mentioning water as it's a very common cited ingredient necessary for life, implying that where there's water there might be life. Maybe water is necessary for life, but that gives you zero information about the likelihood of finding life where you find water. We only have one example of life emerging, so extrapolating on how common life is in the universe with only one example doesn't work.
But I agree that finding microbial life somewhere in the solar system would definitely increase the odds that life is common.
It would also be incredibly interesting news, but not even in the same league as finding evidence of an advanced alien civilization.

Are those feats clearly identifiable in the videos themselves, or are they what witnesses claim to have seen or their interpretation of the footage? By using words like boulder and propulsion and hunk of mineral you are already offering explanations to what these things might be. So have they been identified or not? A Boulder flying around in incredible ways sounds to me like something very interesting. Interesting explanations are rare so they feel sus to me.

I want to underline that idea. Our felt sense of how interesting something is directly correlated to how rare that thing is. That's what the feeling is, a mental heuristic, a metric. It relates to actual probabilities in the real world.
In common folk wisdom, if something sounds too good to be true...
I think there may be some difference in how you and I perceive rarity. By contrast, I think modern day life is too damn interesting and everything is rapidly changing. It's changing too much and too fast! lol

Yeah, I believe that we used to believe that water was much less common. For instance, we didn't know there was water ice on the moon. We thought Mars was dry. The discovery of ice on both was huge and exciting news. I have no idea if they expected water to be in other solar systems. I understand your logic regarding the elements, but I would think that you can have hydrogen and have oxygen but somehow not have very much H2O depending on conditions around other stars.

So let's talk about the "boulder." lol I'm probably the only guy describing it as such. It's some kind of blob-ish looking thing. Yes, in the video it does emit some sort of hot gas. To me, it looks like it's "rolling some coal" for the camera, heh. Some rebellious space alien is flying around in his diesel spaceship making a statement. lol Seriously, though, it's an object that is airborne. A lot of what is visible is through the IR camera, so the plumes were most likely visible via IR. All the details are there in the linked story. You've got the cockpit footage of it in multiple forms via YouTube.

I sometimes come up with really bizarre explanations for UAP like calling it a flying boulder. It's obviously some form of a medium-sized craft, though. When they write that it was keeping pace with the helicopter, that means that it was actively evading approach.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I think there may be some difference in how you and I perceive rarity. By contrast, I think modern day life is too damn interesting and everything is rapidly changing. It's changing too much and too fast! lol

Yeah, I believe that we used to believe that water was much less common. For instance, we didn't know there was water ice on the moon. We thought Mars was dry. The discovery of ice on both was huge and exciting news. I have no idea if they expected water to be in other solar systems. I understand your logic regarding the elements, but I would think that you can have hydrogen and have oxygen but somehow not have very much H2O depending on conditions around other stars.

So let's talk about the "boulder." lol I'm probably the only guy describing it as such. It's some kind of blob-ish looking thing. Yes, in the video it does emit some sort of hot gas. To me, it looks like it's "rolling some coal" for the camera, heh. Some rebellious space alien is flying around in his diesel spaceship making a statement. lol Seriously, though, it's an object that is airborne. A lot of what is visible is through the IR camera, so the plumes were most likely visible via IR. All the details are there in the linked story. You've got the cockpit footage of it in multiple forms via YouTube.

I sometimes come up with really bizarre explanations for UAP like calling it a flying boulder. It's obviously some form of a medium-sized craft, though. When they write that it was keeping pace with the helicopter, that means that it was actively evading approach.

The bulk of rapid change is mostly regarding technology that's mostly used for nefarious reasons. And I'm sure this "discovery" of water is (very) ong known. The fallacy is using mainstream data as a source. Then again who can blame you. We are supposed to trust scientist! And politicans! They surely are sincere and dont get immense consequences when speaking truly. That'll ruin their professional career. Stick to your peers established consensus with perhaps (a smitch of deviation) and your career is save etc ( I get it)

Last edited:

StormCell

The bulk of rapid change is mostly regarding technology that's mostly used for nefarious reasons. And I'm sure this "discovery" of water is (very) ong known. The fallacy is using mainstream data as a source. Then again who can blame you. We are supposed to trust scientist! And politicans! They surely are sincere and dont get immense consequences when speaking truly. That'll ruin their professional career. Stick to your peers established consensus with perhaps (a smitch of deviation) and your career is save etc ( I get it)
Did the Galactic Federation tell you this as well?

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Did the Galactic Federation tell you this as well

No CNN

Funny that logical thinking = conspiracal indoctrination

Btw I admire your interest and nativity. Your right in firstly going with mainstean information. Its almost like a baseline

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom