• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Big Delay Incoming?

Guys just for fun imagine a third delay for CP:

How would their reddit army respond to the news? Will Gaming Twitter run to defend them?

Will they get more praise because of their motto "out when ready"?

Why tf did they use specific date anyway? Will they do a specific date for a third delay?

LMAO the scenarios are just too funny. Not to be a drama queen but man a 3d delay would be an infinite amount of entertainment.

Karak

Another case of “I know stuff but can’t share stuff” ? You already shared it so why not say the game?
Because the discussion wasn't as classless as you interpret. Sometimes discussions happen and you self correct during them

Reactions: MrS

bender

What time is it?
richter belmont

0f06a8360bc1e67f3d7669ac0b8d3873.png

Banned
Heard this on the ACG Podcast hosted by our very own Karak. Go check him out if you haven't.

Anyway, he said he knows of a game delay which is yet to be announced, one that's gonna piss people off.

Guesses? I'm thinking one of Watch Dogs or AC. He said it isn't as big as Halo so we can probably rule out Spiderman.

if it's fucking Cyberpunk again I will ... I WILL ... I WILL

be really disappointed....

BlackM1st

Banned
AC Valhalla neither big nor "anticipated". Blatant Odyssey reskin on a much smaller scale. Nobody gives a F lol.

So yeah, I guess it's CP again...

Calverz

Does it really matter? Now there's more copies of Spiderman ps4 sold then GP subscriptions. Bottom line is: Spiderman is way more popular than Halo.
Halo is a revered series that continues to sell millions and millions with each release for nearly twenty years. You cant compare spiderman to halo 5 only. Halo is the biggest xbox IP also. It generates far more hype and buzz.

Puskas

I was pissed off at Cyberpunk not because of the delay, but how crap the combat looked and how sparse the environment looks. If it's delayed again until next year, you'd hope that would give them time to fix the combat.

The empty streets can't be fixed because of the netbook CPUs this game is built around.
CP looks like an absolute waste of time on the current-gen consoles anyway. I’d bet it will look and perform like an ass too.

Better to wait and experience it on the PS5 instead.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
You heard it here first folks. A new IP from a game that has not yet released is just as big as the iconic Halo. We don't even know if CyberPunk will even hit 80 on Metacritic yet, but it's bigger than Halo and will sell a tonne.....I heard some mad things about Titanfall, Evolve and Anthem......They were the next big games to eat lunches and make bullies stay home, but reality is always different than pipe dreams.......People think Witcher 3 denotes huge success and reception for everything that comes out of CD Project Red.....Some people never learn do they.......CDPR is getting hammered for the same reason Witcher 3 got flak for, the combat.
Haha you seriously don't think that Cyberpunk will sell more than Halo? This shouldn't be the first time you're hearing it.

Oh wait, it's the biggest fanboy of anything ever in the history of fanboys, so you're just trying to use that as an excuse to shit on Xbox. How the hell aren't you banned yet?

A game site guy teasing gamers a big name will get delayed.

Something that happens all the time.

I'll one up him. I bet two or more big name games get delayed.
Incoming Matt from Reeeeeee post "I've heard the same thing" haha

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I would be willing to wait on cyber punk if it meant my brethren on next gen consoles get the update at release. Also means wont have to split my time between that and destiny in November.

RPS37

I already own a last gen themed limited collector’s edition Cyberpunk console which came with a copy of the game.
it can’t get another delay.

Warnen

I already own a last gen themed limited collector’s edition Cyberpunk console which came with a copy of the game.
it can’t get another delay.

crazy they released those consoles before the game came out. Could have been a cyberpunk fridge Xbox series x.

The Medium, for instance, but it may be launch window, not launch day.

The other possibility is Forza and that would really hurt. Hopefully its a multiplat like Watch Dogs or Assassin's Creed.

alstrike

If it's supposedly gonna piss off people then my money is on AC: Valhalla, because Cyberpunk 2077 is already bigger than Halo so...

9ycWtQu.gif

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
My guess would be Spiderman Miles Morales. I mean we have yet to see gameplay.

Covid19 will impact game development big time for next gen it seems

DinoD

Having a significant backlog of games on my PS4Pro. They could delay everything until March next year as far as I'm concerned. Selfish, I know. :) If its Cyberpunk, that's no good for Series X, since Halo In(def)finte is also not going to be the launch title. Then again. In retrospective, PS4 launch line-up was really lacklustre compared to X1. I know this is just a rumor, but come to think of it. We could potentially see a wave of delays due to Covid19 pandemic.

graywolf323

I could see it being AC: Valhalla given the creative director that stepped down back in June has since been fired

between losing the creative director & just the issues COVID has caused in development it wouldn't shock me if it would benefit from a few month delay?

IIRC didn't Halo Infinite have it's creative director leave a year ago or so & it's now been delayed (this is probably just a coincidence and not a sign that AC: Valhalla will also be delayed)

Warnen

AC might sting more for next gen guys because the next gen version is day one unlike CP.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Does it really matter? Now there's more copies of Spiderman ps4 sold then GP subscriptions. Bottom line is: Spiderman is way more popular than Halo.

Definitely matter. But let's not continue derailing this thread.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The Medium, for instance, but it may be launch window, not launch day.

The other possibility is Forza and that would really hurt. Hopefully its a multiplat like Watch Dogs or Assassin's Creed.

Forza Motorsport isnt a launch game pretty sure that was already confirmed.

The Medium? Maybe but I dunno if that counts as big.....or even kinda big.
Cool game concept and all, but its not exactly something that would make waves if it got delayed beyond the usual X hate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom