• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Big Delay Incoming?

AmuroChan

Gold Member
It's gotta be AC right, especially with all the turmoil going on at Ubi right now? Wouldn't be surprised if they needed the extra time in order to remove the male playable character and rewrite the story to be more woke.

GenericUser

Don't think it's going to be cyberpunk. Although I wouldn't mind it, they've been very clearly communicating the november 19th release date in their recent night wire broadcast. Probably some Ubishit I don't give a fuck about.

IF it's a Ubisoft game I would assume it's AC, it was announced later and AC was already delayed for a year and all of the hands on reports recently said it was very stable and running well, the same wasn't said for AC.

CrysisFreak

Banned
IF it's a Ubisoft game I would assume it's AC, it was announced later and AC was already delayed for a year and all of the hands on reports recently said it was very stable and running well, the same wasn't said for AC.
If so maybe Ubi should try and make the next AC a quality experience instead of a fat bloated mess. It's Jeb Bush in videogame form. A mess! A big fat waste!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Don't think it's going to be cyberpunk. Although I wouldn't mind it, they've been very clearly communicating the november 19th release date in their recent night wire broadcast. Probably some Ubishit I don't give a fuck about.

i wouldn't feel confident about that. they got Keanu motherfucking Reeves out on stage to announce the release date and couldn't even stick to that date nor the date they changed it to. Keanu told us it was April, CDPR changed it to Septembet, and now it's November. i wouldn't be surprised if they delay it again but i really hope not.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Just remembered we haven't heard anything about Dying Light 2 in a long time.
It could be that.

It was already delayed indefinitely in January, it's not coming out this year, much to my dismay.

I really hope the rumours of total development hell aren't true but that seems to be the case. What they detailed previously was probably way too ambitious, especially for a studio that size.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

GHG

It was already delayed indefinitely in January, it's not coming out this year, much to my dismay.

I really hope the rumours of total development hell aren't true but that seems to be the case. What they detailed previously was probably way too ambitious, especially for a studio that size.

I have faith in them delivering eventually though.

The first game was fantastic.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I have faith in them delivering eventually though.

The first game was fantastic.

It really was a hidden gem, but the first game wasn't nearly on the scale of what they started promising with this. I feel like they've dreamt too big and realise they couldn't pull it off, so they're scaling way the fuck back.

recursive

COD may be up next for delay. Strangely silent this year. Normally gameplay reveals are out and a release date is up.

Siri

Banned
Nobody really cares about AC or WD3 after the last couple of reveals.

I’m playing Odyssey right now and am enjoying every minute of it. I’m not a big AC fan, but this game has been transporting. I’ve now spent over 100 hours playing, which is unheard of for me.

I have my doubts that ‘no one cares’ if Valhalla would be delayed. The series has sold 140 million units. Isn’t it a bit silly to ignore that?

Last edited:
It better not be Cyberpunk again....

TJXHU21.png

But if it is delayed for the third time maybe CDPR should consider not announcing their games so early.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

sxodan

I’m playing Odyssey right now and am enjoying every minute of it. I’m not a big AC fan, but this game has been transporting. I’ve now spent over 100 hours playing, which is unheard of for me.

I have my doubts that ‘no one cares’ if Valhalla would be delayed. The series has sold 140 million units. Isn’t it a bit silly to ignore that?
Odyssey is just fantastic. I've really enjoyed it more than any other AC game. For me, it's the pinnacle of the series and I can't wait to play Valhalla.

Siri

Banned
Odyssey is just fantastic. I've really enjoyed it more than any other AC game. For me, it's the pinnacle of the series and I can't wait to play Valhalla.

I couldn’t agree more.

I’ve played all the AC games, but I only finished the first one - typically, I‘ll get a quarter of the way through one of these games, then lose interest, then return a few months later and play a few more times before finally giving up. Not with Odyssey though. The world is just.... so detailed... and compelling.

Also with Odyssey the combat is finally fun, chiefly because of the excellent role-playing: my character, at the end of the game, had all these fantastic abilities that made me feel like I’d been on a long, transformative journey that made my character into this super powerful warrior. Filling up your adrenaline meter and unleashing the top-tier abilities is wicked fun. Honestly, if we’re talking about character progression, Odyssey does a better job of this than most RPGs, including the one that everyone here seems to love.

And then on top of this there’s The Cult of Cosmos - whoever thought of this system deserves an award. And on top of that there’s the Mercenary system: I loved being in a fight that was easily winnable.... until a mercenary showed up.... and then another, and another. I loved the way I was able to pay off the bounty to avoid all of that if I wanted.

This game has so much going for it.... I think I’m only just now waking up to the knowledge that Odyssey is one of the best RPGs I’ve ever played.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
This is pretty hilarious, an entire thread of speculation of a delay of SOMETHING, based on a vague rumour... This is how bad content starts.

xiseerht

I can see it being CyberPunk , since they are unable with the melee combat. It might seem minor , but that is a gameplay element . So that could take months to fix .

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
People keep saying CP2020, but I don't see it. Cyberpunk is as big or bigger than Halo, it's multiplat so it would affect a lot more people and everyone has been eagerly awaiting it this entire generation. It could still get delayed but I don't think it's the game Karak is talking about.

I hope it's Death Loop he's talking about but I doubt it since it's hardly a blip on the next gen radar. I also doubt it's the Spiderman, it's an expansion reusing assets and a smaller game size wise so it should be finished and I don't think Sony would have announced it as a launch title if it wasn't ready to go.

I'm going with AC or WD and hoping it's Watch Dogs because I'm really looking forward to Valhalla ugly characters and all.

SantaC

Gold Member
If it is cyberpunk, the nextgen graphics cards will get delayed also. Their schedule has basically been set for that one game.

Top Bottom