• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ant-Man's front-runners are Joseph Gordon Levitt & Paul Rudd

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might be going for Lang so that they don't have three smart scientists. There was excellent chemistry between Stark and Banner in The Avengers. Throwing in a third guy could muddy the waters a bit. Or they could do Pym with a splash of Lang's personality. They haven't shied away from changing characters to suit the MCU.

Then again, they could throw Pym in, and watch his inferior complex spiral out of control when Banner and Stark ignore him all the time.

JdFoX187

Banned
Then again, they could throw Pym in, and watch his inferior complex spiral out of control when Banner and Stark ignore him all the time.

Have to admit, I'd watch and certainly enjoy that. I wonder how far Marvel is planning into the future of the MCU. No doubt they're going to give Stark a rest going forward. Pym would be a great addition to keep the tech angle going forward. But that far into the future, there's no reason they couldn't hand off to Lang, if this is successful to begin with.

Slayven

Pym can't really carry his own superhero movie; he alternates between being too boring and absolutely fucking insane, and not in a particularly entertaining manner.

They're probably gonna go with Lang. He can carry his own picture, and having a criminal be a part of the avengers is a good dynamic.

Pfft Hank has always been the deeper of super genius not named Black Panther. Banner is scared of what he has become , Tony Stark is scared of what he isn't, and Pym is scared of doing the right thing for the wrong reasons.

All psychologically interesting.

Reed Richards is just a dick.

Rudd seems like a great choice, even if he seems maybe a little old to start his superhero career. I'd want Gordon-Levitt to stick with DC in the event that he's cast as Batman in Superman vs. Batman.

Any casting news on that, by the way?

Ehh? Bat fleck?

Xion385

Have to admit, I'd watch and certainly enjoy that. I wonder how far Marvel is planning into the future of the MCU. No doubt they're going to give Stark a rest going forward. Pym would be a great addition to keep the tech angle going forward. But that far into the future, there's no reason they couldn't hand off to Lang, if this is successful to begin with.

Too bad. They already gave his life's work to someone else.

But from what it sounds like, the script has changed since first rumored script since the Avengers came out. From what Kevin Feige is saying, they merged storylines together to better fit the new timeline they have.
“We’ve talked about various names over the past eight years but as you can imagine they keep changing as time goes by,” says Feige. “But towards the end of this year, we’ll buckle down and start casting and start refining the script, which is great and which is very Edgar. He has done a great job being incredibly true to the comics but is putting his own spin on it, so we’ll be drawing on multiple mythologies for this one.”

http://collider.com/thor-2-dark-world-images-ant-man/

Rudd seems like a great choice, even if he seems maybe a little old to start his superhero career. I'd want Gordon-Levitt to stick with DC in the event that he's cast as Batman in Superman vs. Batman.

You might want to sit down.

Mr. Gigli is the batman.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo

Yeah man. I don't know how to tell you this but you're kindaaaaaaaaaa out of the loop there. Like WAY out of the loop.

Sblargh

Banned
I like Hank Pym, but I like him because of what decades of pot-smoking comic book writers who don't know what the fuck to do with this character have puzzled together. He has more of a list of weird shit that has happened to him rather than a saga or a defining arc.

It's weird to think of a rebooted version of him. I don't even remember much about him from the Ultimates, except that he actively tried to kill his wife.

......but hank pym has blonde hair

hank-pym.jpg

Slayven

I like Hank Pym, but I like him because of what decades of pot-smoking comic book writers who don't know what the fuck to do with this character have puzzled together. He has more of a list of weird shit that has happened to him rather than a saga or a defining arc.

It's weird to think of a rebooted version of him. I don't even remember much about him from the Ultimates, except that he actively tried to kill his wife.

Mighty Avengers and Avengers Academy pretty got him down, and now Avengers AI is great.

Plus he has a Doombot now.

avangers-ai-d.png

Xion385

They can draw on all of them except those named Ultimate.

I hate Millar for that. Great series, but he made Pym take the bullet to keep the sensationalism he's known for. The domestic violence stuff was all an accident, but in Ultimates, it was blatant.

Still absolutely baffles my mind. I hope to hell they at least namedrop him in the movie as a contributor or something.

He had a reference in Thor. When Selvig was talking about a scientist he knew when Shield took their stuff, that was Pym. Kevin Fiege even admitted all was missing was his name.

"It makes sense" that Tony might create him in the MCU since he creates robots and all, but people forget why Pym created Ultron in the first place. He created Ultron so the superheroes didn't need to fight anymore, which fit his pacifist personality. He even copied his brain patterns to Ultron, that's why he's smart and has an attraction for Janet. Unfortunately, it backfired. I still ope that Hank sees what Ultron does, gets inspired to create his own version of the robot, and let him create Vision (if he isn't already built in Age of Ultron) in his own movie.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Both are horrible. So over JGL. Paul Rudd needs to stick to romantic comedies.

I didn't even know "ant-man" was a thing until a couple months ago but this is how I feel. I think I'd rather see Rudd in a role like this though. I really don't think JGL has as much range as many people give him credit for.

Slayven

I hate Millar for that. Great series, but he made Pym take the bullet to keep the sensationalism he's known for. The domestic violence stuff was all an accident, but in Ultimates, it was blatant.

He had a reference in Thor. When Selvig was talking about a scientist he knew when Shield took their stuff, that was Pym. Kevin Fiege even admitted all was missing was his name.

"It makes sense" that Tony might create him in the MCU since he creates robots and all, but people forget why Pym created Ultron in the first place. He created Ultron so the superheroes didn't need to fight anymore, which fit his pacifist personality. He even copied his brain patterns to Ultron, that's why he's smart and has an attraction for Janet. Unfortunately, it backfired. I still ope that Hank sees what Ultron does, gets inspired to create his own version of the robot, and let him create Vision (if he isn't already built in Age of Ultron) in his own movie.
Ultimates took everyone out of characters and just left them one note assholes.

616 is the same

hank_pym_slap.jpg
Hahahaha no way dude

Bullshit. 616 is far from the same as ultimates.

Church.

Sblargh

Banned
616 is the same

hank_pym_slap.jpg

I actually love this panel, even if it was a bad interpretation on part of the artist.

Here is Hank Pym, doing what is one of the biggest mistakes of his life, while saying: "It's my only chance to redeem myself!"

And also one instance of a superhero being a bad person that isn't due to mind control or anything like that. He slapped his wife in a moment of anger that was caused by nothing but his own enormous insecurity. You're a genius, an avenger, an inventor, and still you feel like shit all the time because there are literally two other people on the planet smarter than you. Because you're only a superhero, but not one of the top ones. And on and on.

He's genuinely a weak person and not in a sympathetic kind of way. And again, not a villain. It's great that the character exists.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Got to go with Rudd out of those two. There was a pretty convincing rumor in the Marvel OT that Jamie Bell was up for it though:

The report was that Bell was in the Ant Man suit in Wright's test reel footage.

I would definitely be down for Paul Rudd as Pym, especially if Wright is going down the action-comedy route.

Also, I second Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Ramona Flowers) as Wasp.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I actually love this panel, even if it was a bad interpretation on part of the artist.

Here is Hank Pym, doing what is one of the biggest mistakes of his life, while saying: "It's my only chance to redeem myself!"

And also one instance of a superhero being a bad person that isn't due to mind control or anything like that. He slapped his wife in a moment of anger that was caused by nothing but his own enormous insecurity. You're a genius, an avenger, an inventor, and still you feel like shit all the time because there are literally two other people on the planet smarter than you. Because you're only a superhero, but not one of the top ones. And on and on.

He's genuinely a weak person and not in a sympathetic kind of way. And again, not a villain. It's great that the character exists.

reed richards does almost crossing the line into supervillaindom better. hes always a car crash, or exploding invention away from going full on villain

I fully believe AntMan can get his own movie. Hist comic stories were great, and test footage was awesome.

This shit is confirmed, yo. Right after Avengers: Age of Ultron in 2015.

And I like Rudd or Wilson for this. But I thought it was double the Ant-Man potentially in this one?

Xion385

deadly serious.

just like ant man.

He's pretty damn short to be a regular sized Ant-Man. Even if Ant-Man can change sizes, he's 5'7.

A fusing of source materials?

Well, fuck...how's this gonna work?!

I don't know. They fused source materials before like with Iron Man 3 where they fused the Mandarin and Dark Reign storylines.

I hope they fuse To Steal an Ant-Man storyline with Hank Pym creating the Pym particles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom