• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anti-work subreddit goes private after disastrous Fox News interview

cormack12

Gold Member
For those unaware, the subreddit was reopened with a “new” mod taking over. Pretty quickly the new mod was outed as the same from the Fox News interview. Lots of hilarious posts going on right now.

Lmao

friends-im-so-happy.gif

This is the kind of organic dumpster fire the internet was made for. This escalated nicely and quickly. Please renew for season 2 reddit.

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Banned
Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
What is the long term goal of these fools? Someone has to do work. Bring back slavery?

Well here's the plan. Someone else does the work, gets paid but the money gets distributed equally. So you know, they don't have to work but still share the wealth. That saves a TON of time they can spend on fun stuf. Because work is hard and difficult and not always very fun. They'd rather spend that time doing fun stuf. So why not let someone else do the hard part? Galaxy brain IQ and 10000% in sync with how the real world operates.

CGiRanger

Banned
Well here's the plan. Someone else does the work, gets paid but the money gets distributed equally. So you know, they don't have to work but still share the wealth. That saves a TON of time they can spend on fun stuf. Because work is hard and difficult and not always very fun. They'd rather spend that time doing fun stuf. So why not let someone else do the hard part? Galaxy brain IQ and 10000% in sync with how the real world operates.
I blame Star Trek for this kind of dumb idea (that this idea could be remotely feasible) tbh. :p

Last edited:
What? its just a copy past img from the reddit thread someone posted there and people asked about it here. Calm down. Seems you take this a bit personal... I wonder why.
Sorry I was unclear lol. I meant the guy in the pic posting these dumb ass rationalizations on Facebook.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

So he wants to be considered a woman yet makes zero effort to look or sound like one. Sounds like the kind of fake trans creeps that just want to use the girl's restroom to me. Rapist you say? I can't say I'm surprised.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
I just find it hilarious that moderators claiming to be anarchists actively employ authoritarian tactics on their subreddit. And that yet another batch of reddit moderators turn out to be sexual predators.

MadAnon

This dude is deeply disturbed. They sound like an absolute psychopath.
I strongly believe that most of the mods of the largest subs on reddit are pretty much like this guy. There's no way a sane person would be willing to spend majority of the day to police million member community for free. These are the type of people who legit get off by being in such a position - psychopaths.

Last edited:

nush

I strongly believe that most of the mods of the largest subs on reddit are pretty much like this guy. There's no way a sane person would be willing to spend majority of the day to police million member community for free. These are the type of people who legit get off by being in such a position - psychopaths.

Some of them even have to skip lunch to keep up with the modding.

Batiman

Banned
I still haven’t decided who’s worse. CNN or Fox News. I’ll give Fox News the crown. It’s concerning how many people watch this trash. Jesse has to be the biggest tool on TV. What a douche

bender

What time is it?
Not a single one. Can't stand em honestly

If it weren't for my video games, PC, fantasy novels, and boxed stash of Buffy comics, you'd never know I was a nerd by looking at my home.

That's the way it should be. I got a real hard on for that mid century modern vibe tbh. Nerd decor is sickening

What about the blow-up doll with a cutout of Sarah Michelle Gellar's face glued to it?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Not a single one. Can't stand em honestly

If it weren't for my video games, PC, fantasy novels, and boxed stash of Buffy comics, you'd never know I was a nerd by looking at my home.

That's the way it should be. I got a real hard on for that mid century modern vibe tbh. Nerd decor is sickening
Well what does the etc include then??

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For those unaware, the subreddit was reopened with a “new” mod taking over. Pretty quickly the new mod was outed as the same from the Fox News interview. Lots of hilarious posts going on right now.
Great read. I bookmarked it.

Funny thing is a lot of their woes would disappear if they just strived for more skills and better jobs.

As for the people who dont want to work no matter what, go ahead.

You only live once. You can choose to live in your parent's basement forever while borrowing dad's car when he's home. Or get a job and own you own shit. I prefer the latter.

By the way, any of you know anything about cars? In a year or two I was thinking about getting a BMW M240i with AWD. ;)

Davey Cakes

The problem isnt work, the problem is wages

Anybody just not wanting to work is a bum
Well yeah. The reason r/antiwork had a recent boom is because of general grievances with work culture, especially in the USA. It served as a place for working class people to come together and talk about low/stagnant wages, incompetent managers, the job market, unions, strikes, and worker’s rights in general.

The interview was shit because it completely misrepresented the current community.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If you like Anti-Work wait till you hear about r/Over Employed: https://www.reddit.com/r/overemployed/
Amazing reddit has these two kinds of sections. I appreciate the hustle moonlighters do, but working with a moonlighter in a different province I didn't know about it until after he left it's a pain in the ass (no wonder I could never get hold of him). Turns out he did landscaping/reno jobs in the summer.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
That "kid" is 30

Same age as me

I work 50 hours a week and pull over 60k annually

Have my own house, car, etc

I very much feel like I don't gave enough going on due to lack of family etc

This guy is a man child and likely mentally stunted
Well he's got "autism", the new overly diagnosed trend of Current Year.

And before any of you rip my head off, yes autism is real. But I feel it's over-diagnosed these days.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I have to say the interview is not exactly what I was expecting after having someone describe this to me.

The Fox host looks really fucking bad. Yes, this Doreen person is clearly on the spectrum and quite strange, but the host is so smug, and so satisfied to laugh at the weirdo that he really comes off like a bully, and someone who would be too scared to debate someone better equipped.

Top Bottom