• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Unofficially Official X05 Thread (announcements go in here, clones)

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
---- said:
Am I the only one who can't navigate or find anything on Gamespot anymore?

I just noticed that too.

Release date? I can't be specific, unfortunately, not until we officially announce something. It'll be out when it's ready.

Chi-Town

1up hands-on with NBA2k6
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3144352&did=1

Of course, we had to quickly change the camera angle to make it into something playable where we could see everyone on the court, and when we did it didn't look quite as dramatic, but the visuals held up surprisingly well. In fact, of all the games at X05, NBA 2K6 was definitely in the top tier visually -- and was perhaps the best looking playable game at the show. This is thanks to a few key factors, most of which have fancy technical names, but they all add up to create some of the most detailed character models we've ever seen in a sports game. Character models look extremely realistic, sweat sparkles like glitter, and the animation in particular helps bring these characters to life.

The game's visuals still need a bit of minor cleanup -- we noticed one humorous character face on the side of another character's head, for instance -- and Visual Concepts is still working on improving the less-than-perfect fans in the crowd by adding more polygons, but it seems like all that's left is to polish off a few final details. If the developers do nothing more than fix the glitches, this will easily be one of the best looking initial 360 games.

Chi-Town

1up hands-on with King Kong(Xbox360)
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3144330&did=1

Perhaps most noticeable is the rain effect that makes the environment look waterlogged, with rocks and walls coated in dripping H2O. The effect looks similar to the water in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory -- where the longer it rains, the wetter everything gets -- and it produces an extremely nice look for the game overall. While we were impressed by the trailer that kicked off X05, the game looked even better when we got our hands on it and got to see all the smaller details that come alive like this water effect. Whereas the PS2 and Xbox versions have a warm, almost cartoon-like look to them, the 360 game actually makes you feel like you are outside, with harsh rain and an environment that looks cold.

We'll admit it; we previously had our doubts about the 360 version, since the majority of screen shots released for the game had been from the current generation versions, but there are numerous minor effects in the 360 game that reverse our doubts, such as the scaly skin texture on the T-Rex. This shiny look is a familiar sight amongst 360 games, but seems perhaps more at home on the dinosaurs than in any of the other 360 games we've seen. Other graphical details that impressed were Kong's fur, which seemed a bit softer than we've seen on the current generation versions of the game, and the smooth animation seen throughout.

Also, given the nicer details present, when the T-Rex yells at you and the screen gets all blurry, you feel it like you've felt few things in a video game before. It's quite an intense experience, and one that leads us to believe it'll be hard to go back to the other versions now that we've played it on Xbox 360.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
SteveMeister said:
Playable on the show floor.

:D I needs Oblivion footage asap.

Oh and is X05 only a one day press event or does it continue into tomorrow?

Good to hear King Kong is coming along nicely on the 360 too.

ACE

Kabuki Waq said:
oblivion just got confirmed for launch.

so that makes it 5 ea games, oblivion, and kameo for launch confirmed so far.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/10/04/news_6135026.html

"For the moment, though, he would only confirm eight titles as being available the same day and date as the 360: Project Gotham Racing 3, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Madden NFL 06, NBA Live 06, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06, Need for Speed Most Wanted, and FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup."

HokieJoe

I reencoded the Wolfenstein trailor from .flv to .avi for anyone who is interested. There's not much too it really, they do show what looks like some concept art though. Sorry about the quality.

Wolfenstein

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Wow Blim's footage of PDZ looked really really fun, I love coop games to death, definitely getting it day one.

Project Gotham Racing 3
Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero

Madden NFL 06
NBA Live 06
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
Need for Speed Most Wanted
FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Dead or Alive 4
Call of Duty 2

These 4 for sure! Cannot wait!

dorio

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Project Gotham Racing 3
Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero

Madden NFL 06
NBA Live 06
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
Need for Speed Most Wanted
FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Dead or Alive 4
Call of Duty 2

These 4 for sure! Cannot wait!
They seriously need to delay some of those games. Looks at EA.

golem

HokieJoe said:
I reencoded the Wolfenstein trailor from .flv to .avi for anyone who is interested. There's not much too it really, they do show what looks like some concept art though. Sorry about the quality.

Wolfenstein
seamless FPS... bout time!

HokieJoe

In case anyone wants MS's hi-res trailers, just tell me and I'll upload them.

I can upload the following:

Full Auto
Gears of War
MotoGP 3
PGR3 (Gotham TV)
RE 5
Too Human
Dead Rising

I especially liked the end of the Dead Rising trailor.

FORE!!! :lol

Ecrofirt said:
And justice.

american-way.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
HokieJoe said:
In case anyone wants MS's hi-res trailers, just tell me and I'll upload them.

I can upload the following:

Full Auto
Gears of War
MotoGP 3
PGR3 (Gotham TV)
RE 5
Too Human
Dead Rising

I especially liked the end of the Dead Rising trailor.

FORE!!! :lol

please upload the high res gotham tv trailer. thanks!

by the way, is this the version with correct colors, or are the one with out of whack color?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
CloudNL said:
I missed something: the big suprises.
Where were all the new exclusive games for X360? I haven't seen them.

new motogp
biowares game
too human

Razoric

Banned
CloudNL said:
I missed something: the big suprises.
Where were all the new exclusive games for X360? I haven't seen them.

check out bioware's new RPG (to be made into a trilogy) :O

3 new exclusive RPGs right there :p

Striek

Spider_Jerusalem said:
It ends this morning. I think the announcements were all fired yesterday, today we should see many impressions and movies around the web...
Ah ok. Kind of disappointed about the lack of announcements (the few their have been haven't been earth-shattering). Though when you truly think H3 will be shown in some form I guess thats to be expected :(

hadareud said:
It was in development for the PSOne first.

Top Bottom