• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur’s Gate 3 Standard Playthrough Takes 75 to 100 Hours, Larian Says

Guilty_AI

Thanks a bunch for your info so if I have Lenovo legion laptop with these specs:

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800H processor
  • 1 TB SSD & 16 GB DDR4-RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB
  • 165 Hz 15.6"" Full HD-skärm (1920 x 1080)
Would that be good enough to enjoy the game?
More than enough.

Sentenza

Thanks a bunch for your info so if I have Lenovo legion laptop with these specs:

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800H processor
  • 1 TB SSD & 16 GB DDR4-RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB
  • 165 Hz 15.6"" Full HD-skärm (1920 x 1080)
Would that be good enough to enjoy the game?
I play with a Ryzen 7 5800, a RTX 3080ti and in 2560x1440. G-sync monitor and DLAA enabled.
Typically in most scenarios I'm getting anything between 90 and 160 fps.

It's also worth noting that for context DOS 2 experienced its largest boost in optimization precisely in the weeks that preceded its release.
It makes sense if you think that this is when a game is finalized and a lot of diagnostic middleware in the client gets removed.

amigastar

People, imagine this game gets a 76 or similiar. I hope it will score above 90, i really hope.
giphy.gif

Guilty_AI

People, imagine this game gets a 76 or similiar. I hope it will score above 90, i really hope.
giphy.gif
It would have to do something really wrong to go down that low. Their previous game that doesn't do half of what this one does and also launched in a less-than-exemplary state still got 93.

Skifi28

I really hope cloth physics are in for launch, seems like the armors are designed around them and look really fucking weird in the early access version. Some of the recent footage physics in while others didn't, seem like a 50/50 chance at this point.

Guilty_AI

I really hope cloth physics are in for launch, seems like the armors are designed around them and look really fucking weird in the early access version. Some of the recent footage physics in while others didn't, seem like a 50/50 chance at this point.
I highly doubt that'll change. I don't think the engine they're using here was designed to handle detailed cutscenes properly (same as their DOS2 engine), you can often see other instances of jank here and there when the camera gets too close.

Last edited:
Top Bottom