• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[BBC] Berlin to allow women to go topless in public swimming pools

it's silly that women need to cover up. i'm a guy so yeah you can just bonk me but seriously why do guys get to knock about with tops off and women can't?

mens nipples are fucking useless and man boobs are disgusting. nobody wants to see them. women boobs are the most natural things on the earth and actually serve a purpose but gotta be hidden? some people are still against/disgusted by breast feeding! if anyone has a right to expose their breast it's women not men.

well done berlin. more cities/countries need to allow this and i'm not just saying that because i want to stare at boobies.

Liamario

Banned
Why shouldn't they. We need to stop sexualising women's breasts.

creepy-smile.gif

Last edited:

badblue

I don't even have to go to Germany for this. Local law passed this year allows women to be topless in swimming pools in the city.

Pretty sure none of the women I'd want to see topless will be taking advantage of this.
Bobbybones GIF by National Geographic Channel

Patrick S.

Banned
There are HUGE problems in Germany with Arabic guys completely overcrowding outdoor swimming pools and creating mass fighting, outrage, and sexual harassment. Many Germans don't even DARE go to public swimming pools anymore, it's so fucked up. I know sure as hell I'm not going anymore.

maxresdefault.jpg

32db3a8b-0001-0004-0000-000000869318_w1274_r1.77_fpx28.13_fpy50.jpg

Most people can control their boners you know…people dont walk around at strip clubs fully erect. I think it will take a few more years, but i think toplessness will become normalized to the point where its not inherently sexual. Kind of like womens legs. A woman showing her legs was tantamount to her walking topless many years ago. But now its normal, we still might say “oh she has nice legs” but we arent walking around with cartoon eyes popping out of our head going “awooga awooga” every time we see a woman in shorts. My gf is topless like 99 percent of the time at home, not to say i dont like it, but the “thrill” definitely wears off. It will get to a point that we can appreciate a nice pair of tits, but a woman exposing them wont be a societal tabboo, which is honestly how it should be. Even in media its becoming more common, you can play the entirety of cyberpunk as a topless woman, but the thrill wears off after about an hour or 2.

The thrill wearing off is the problem, my friend.

Sygma

Alternatively just go to Norway, these islands near Oslo are pretty good and its been more than two decades like that already. Cap D'agde in france is also nice

Last edited:

Rockondevil

Seen my wife’s almost daily for over 16 years and I still get a chub.

Bring it on Berlin. The remainder of the world needs to follow.

Some might get burnt out, but I know I won’t.

Alx

Honestly I think it won't make much of a difference for locals, from my experience German people are very comfortable with nudity. I especially remember when visiting Germany and Berlin in particular that people would commonly sunbathe fully naked around the many lakes around major cities. As a matter of fact when we had German pen friends coming over and we would go to local water areas, they would naturally change right on the beach without even trying to conceal themselves. Doing it at the swimming pool may have been uncommon until now, but they've been doing it elsewhere forever.

Spyxos

Gold Member
German public swimming pools are a shithole. I was last time in Stadtpark Schöneberg about 6-8 months ago. There was a woman dying her hair in the pool for small children.

The lockers for the clothes are constantly broken into. You can't store anything there. And this new idea with toplessness will certainly work without problems.

Edit: And don't expect young women. Usually, what you see naked is old and hanging.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

German public swimming pools are a shithole. I was last time in Stadtpark Schöneberg about 6-8 months ago. There has a woman dying her hair in the pool for small children.

The lockers for the clothes are constantly broken into. You can't store anything there. And this new idea with toplessness will certainly work without problems.
All the Germans I know mention how under Merkel the country just slid into shithole territory, especially in larger cities. Not surprising what you describe.

Banned
If that's their ruling, they might as well just make all nudity legal. And honestly, the concept of it being illegal to walk around how you were born is pretty silly. I don't want to see naked ugly people, but just in terms of a philosophical principle, it's kind of hard for me to think of any reason nudity was ever illegal.

pretty sure it's not illegal to walk around naked in germany.
but you can get asked to leave the general area if people are uncomfortable about you being there.

I once saw a show that followed a bunch of hippies that made a food stand in the middle of a city (could have been berlin), and the Ordnungsamt (code enforcement) came... and they didn't come because they were naked but because it's not allowed to hand out self made food on a public stand without a license.
them being completely naked seemed to not be an issue

so there you go...
I never looked too deep into it but being naked in public seems to be ok to an extend.

Top Bottom