• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bella Ramsey modded into The Last of Us Part 2

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Jesus I can't believe a bunch of fucking "men" are still arguing over the picking off a young woman to portray a fucking made up video game character doesn't match her exactly, seriously guys what the absolute fuck?? We haven't see the goddamn show yet, she could be utterly fucking amazing as Ellie and capture her mannerisms perfectly, she doesn't have to be a mirror image and bringing looks into it is just reprehensible imo, what are you fucking dudebros? I cannot wait for this show and we all as gamers should be backing this to the hilt because not only is it Motherfucking Last of Us, it's got the budget and talent to hopefully be amazing and if this succeeds what do you think Hollywood does? They'll go mining for other gaming properties to throw money at

Jesus I can't believe a bunch of fucking "men" are still arguing over the picking off a young woman to portray a fucking made up video game character doesn't match her exactly, seriously guys what the absolute fuck?? We haven't see the goddamn show yet, she could be utterly fucking amazing as Ellie and capture her mannerisms perfectly, she doesn't have to be a mirror image and bringing looks into it is just reprehensible imo, what are you fucking dudebros? I cannot wait for this show and we all as gamers should be backing this to the hilt because not only is it Motherfucking Last of Us, it's got the budget and talent to hopefully be amazing and if this succeeds what do you think Hollywood does? They'll go mining for other gaming properties to throw money at
why men in " "?

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
grossed out seinfeld GIF by HULU

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
you know she's been in more than just GoT and TLOU?

i liked her in His Dark Materials although it wasn't a major role. And yeah alright her other stuff isn't as popular as GoT/TLOU but i think it's fair to say she is a good actress and doesn't really need to prove anything. well i suppose she needs to prove the haters wrong but let's be honest even if she kills it as ellie there will still be people on the internet giving her shit just because of her looks which is sick.

you could argue that. i could argue that Neil Druckmann and Ashley Johnson are happy with her as Ellie so that says a lot. if the people who literally created Ellie or portrayed her in the game think she's a good fit then nothing else matters really.

politics aside this is like JK Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe giving their blessing to someone to portay Harry Potter in a new movie (if it ever happened). You can't really argue with the creator if they feel it stays true to their vision of the character.
I don't watch shows really. Only know her from GOT as a child

Razvedka

Banned
Well, for one there will be no spores in the show. Let us see what else they will change/ignore

I was already completely disinterested in this show because I'm bored to death with the zombie/post-apocalypse genre. But I always gave TLOU credit for the nature of disease- fungus. Some aberrant strain of cordyceps.

They'd better not mess that part of it up, otherwise they're left with a slightly more tuned Walking Dead or something.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Kinda just makes her look like she's got downs.....which is awesome actually. Could make for a hilarious play through.

Forsythia

Don't give Sony ideas, we might end up with The Last of Us Part 1 Director's Cut for PS5 and PS6 (no free upgrade)

Hugare

I was watching His Dark Materials yesterday when she appeared during the episode

Her acting is great, and I feel really bad by saying this, but she is distractingly ugly.

Even Elisabeth Moss didnt bother me this much with her looks.

I hope that she will be strong enough to endure all the hate, but that would be asking a lot from a teenager.

Top Bottom