• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biomutant will be 4k/60 on XSX, 1440/30 on XSS, 1080/60 on PS5 (technical issues, patch to follow). Current gen info to follow

You offended him trying to argue ps5 has it's own advantage over the xbox, unfortunately the mind of some people his too much objective to understand the Sony fanboy 🤷‍♂️

I mean it does and the comparisons prove it. Just the nature of having two very similarly specced consoles.

ZJwYVRz.gif

Im shocked this doesn’t have Gold. Incredible work.

Season 13 Reaction GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Garani

I stopped after he says the bias that I've been talking about and what truly, and I mean truly pisses me off to the core of my soul, okay there is so much to go over with the time I watched and could not finish it. I would rather watch Colteastwood and he is a true fanboy than what the garbage that I wasted 5 mins watching. First off, he takes so long to get the point, sounds like Crapgamer, takes long to make a point and when trying to make a point, he does not do a good job in making the specific point. Another.....look how the tables have turned, back in 2013 through 2015, fanboys from Sony have gloated about having higher performance and having better graphics now ALL OF A SUDDEN.................................that does not matter? Now that Xbox was forced to make a powerful console that is not the issue? I don't get it, I truly don't get both fanboys and I mention both because it goes both ways. Can anyone in the gaming community make up their minds when making a point?

I just don't understand, first, it was about graphics, then performance, now it does not matter anymore because now that Xbox has a powerful system, Sony fanboys think it is not a big deal, weren't they the ones who forced Xbox to be aggressive? With games and how powerful their consoles are? --- lastly, now that games are starting to take that advantage that the Xbox Series X has now it's a conspiracy over the fact that devs may play dirty and that Microsoft might be paying off devs to not make the game look good or run good on PS5. You all need to make up your mind on what is important and what is not. Cause it's starting to get confusing now. Lol, the irony is there somewhere hidden in the fanboy worlds of Sony and Microsoft. Both companies are playing you guys like a dang fiddle my guy. Lol, this is funny.

Man, are you aware that you are getting heated up for a BC game? A game that isn't using PS5 nor XSX hardware? It's a simple BC game that runs like every other BC game out there because of very well known limitations that every BC game has.

I mean, it's no news.

MonarchJT

Banned
The absolute worst fanboy are people like you who hasn't a clue of what talking about and because he seen an higher TF counts, his mind can't figure out how GPU are not tied just to the CU counts. Plain and simple. And it's me the fanboy, really? Not you because mama MS tell you to have done the most powerful console ever no way the other box could have other tech advantages? Has maybe Sony ever told their console his more powerful? So who really playing like a fiddle with who? :messenger_tears_of_joy: Some of you are unbelievable.
man is not that "mama Ms" tell people that they built the most powerful console....is just that the GPU into the theirs console is objectively better than what PS5 have period. Like happened with the PS4 vs Xbox one s.....the one s had the clock advantage ..but as you should know it didn't help that much to close the gap (which was only a few hundreds of gflops)
The gap is lower this time and with a really high clock and games designed not to exploit new technologies (mesh shader, vrs, sfs) the PS5 is holding its own against a more powerful console .. but I don't think it will last long and as it is already happening slowly we will see the xsx performing better than the PS5. Let us remember that their performance ceiling is 12tf and 10tf (variable) and there is no escape from this roof

Last edited:

Old Empire.

Dev tweet is very interesting. PS5 could hit 4k, but there some issue running it good at that resolution. It maybe costing studios to fix this problem for Sony.

Mr Moose

Dev in a tweet says the disabled the 4K native feature for PS5 for Technical reasons. The bullshit about BC needs to stop. There lot more work that's need to be done to get a game off running on PS5. Series X has less of a problem.
It's literally a PS4 game, which means BC on PS5 (and Xbox Series consoles).

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Dev in a tweet says the disabled the 4K native feature for PS5 for Technical reasons. The bullshit about BC needs to stop. There lot more work that's need to be done to get a game off running on PS5. Series X has less of a problem.
You don't know the technical reasons. You're just trying to turn your assumptions into facts.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Ngl, after I look at the reviews, i dont really care about the performance of this game running on PS5 anymore lol

Topher

Gold Member

"Please be aware that this is not a native current gen experience. More info soon"

If this is just "bullshit about BC" then what is the Biomutant guy talking about?

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
You don't know the technical reasons. You're just trying to turn your assumptions into facts.
You are right we don't know what the technical issues are but if it's just a PS4 game running on PS5 the game is working the way its intended to. PS5 making no upgrades to PS4 titles isn't a technical problem.

Topher

Gold Member
You are right we don't know what the technical issues are but if it's just a PS4 game running on PS5 the game is working the way its intended to. PS5 making no upgrades to PS4 titles isn't a technical problem.

They disabled 4K on PS5 for "technical reasons". Obviously that means it is not running on PS5 as "intended".

Also should be noted they said this was "for the release". Sounds like a patch is coming. Either way, this is all goes back to the BC implementation on PS5.

Last edited:

LMJ

They disabled 4K on PS5 for "technical reasons". Obviously that means it is not running on PS5 as "intended".

Also should be noted they said this was "for the release". Sounds like a patch is coming. Either way, this is all goes back to the BC implementation on PS5.

Actually it likely means they couldn't get the Pro to run the game at 4K AND 60FPS

Again the PSV runs all BC games as if it's a Pro, the XseX/s run BC as an X, but they also have access to the full GPU and CPU/SSD for faster loading times, higher res, higher framerates etc.

The PSV does not, that is likely WHERE the "technical issues" are coming from...

I fully expect the native PS5 and XseX/s versions to match the PC on

Density
Shadows
Effects
and the XseX/s to have a slight lead on FPS and res.

Mr Moose

Unless they patch the Pro version to be "up to 4k" then yeah, it is playing it exactly how it should. Pro is 1080p/60fps and it's the same on PS5 (because it's a PS4 game).

Yeah, after the reviews, you PS5 lads aren't going to be interested even in a native PS5 port I think. Lmao.

For those of us on PC who took advantage of the $2.99 pricing error on Origin, keep praying that it's the standard edition, not the DLC for preorder, and EA honors the deal, or wait for this to hit gamepass.

I'm not shelling $60 for this lol

Hell Naw GIF by memecandy

assurdum

Banned
So now series X is became the platform easier to develop...

mrmeh

Well its more nuanced than that... and as this is not the latest Gen version I'm not sure how they built it or what the lead platform was (PC?). For the latest Gen PC dev's can just build the thing in using the new GDK and support the PC and Series using the same Development kit, where as the PS5 has its own SDK and will need more work.

Switching to GDK was supposed to be a bigger change than PS5 development as its been said it was a similar to PS4, GDK was also new and Sony seemed to be a bit ahead of MS in general in regards to software features.

Anyway it's back compat... Xbox has better. I would imagine they will be roughly comparable when next gen versions are released.

LMJ

After watching a comparison of PsV, XseX/s and PC I was happy to see that the game held a nearly rock solid on the V 60FPS, (Both the X and S had weird glitch?

Dropping into the 40s (I assume a glitch due to the cutscene) in one part, but the X was rock solid otherwise, the S struggled with 60 (constantly fluctuations into the 50s) FPS, but kept a pretty solid 30 in that mode.

Reviews be damned, I'm still in lol

Last edited:

GymWolf

Reviews talks about a lot of crushes on ps5, i don't know if it is the same for every console tho.

The pc version seems to run like a dream.

Last edited:
After watching a comparison of PsV, XseX/s and PC I was happy to see that the game held a nearly rock solid on the V 60FPS, (Both the X and S had weird glitch?

Dropping into the 40s (I assume a glitch due to the cutscene) in one part, but the X was rock solid otherwise, the S struggled with 60 (constantly fluctuations into the 50s) FPS, but kept a pretty solid 30 in that mode.

Reviews be damned, I'm still in lol

I like how careful he wrote the video description, he must be sick of console warriors dogpiling him :messenger_beaming:

Dodkrake

Banned

Could be, but it's impossible to infer that from the BC conundrum. What we can tell is that It's the easier platform to port to. You can pretty much develop for the PC and port it to Series Consoles, or develop it for last gen and easily port. Native Development vs Porting are not quite the same things.

assurdum

Banned
Could be, but it's impossible to infer that from the BC conundrum. What we can tell is that It's the easier platform to port to. You can pretty much develop for the PC and port it to Series Consoles, or develop it for last gen and easily port. Native Development vs Porting are not quite the same things.
I know it's BC tied. I find laughable the paradigm to see now a person who tried to argue that series X is more easy to code and this game has no BC issue at all ps5, it's just ps5 a "problematic" hardware for development :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
I think as a comparison channel he should be letting people know if it's with BC or not. It would be dishonest to omit that information.

Yeah, in this particular scenario when it is well know the devs is working on the game and a patch is incoming, it should be noted that those are the results for now, but that's a subject to change.

Yeah, in this particular scenario when it is well know the devs is working on the game and a patch is incoming, it should be noted that those are the results for now, but that's a subject to change.

Honestly it's a good way to let people know that a native version comparison is coming. That's positive for his channel.

What do you mean?

I think as a comparison channel he should be letting people know if it's with BC or not. It would be dishonest to omit that information.
I meant that as a positive thing. Comments must've been wild in his earlier videos. He also made some big mistakes in the past, hope he becomes more diligent.

I meant that as a positive thing. Comments must've been wild in his earlier videos. He also made some big mistakes in the past, hope he becomes more diligent.

If that what it takes for him to be allowed here again I really don't see the issue with criticisms. But not rape threats that's a bit too far in my opinion.

Md Ray

the one s had the clock advantage ..but as you should know it didn't help that much to close the gap (which was only a few hundreds of gflops)
Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

What an uninformed, disingenuous comparison again... One S had higher clocks but stuff like pixel fillrate was still -43% slower than PS4.

This isn't the case with PS5 GPU. Pixel fillrate, rasterization rate get over 20+% higher throughput on PS5 than XSX GPU. Compute heavy scenes will fare better on XSX and fillrate heavy scenes on PS5 (see below).

This constant downplaying of PS5 advantages is getting old when we have multiple pieces of evidence showing this:
JOqj3Wi.png

Last edited:

Md Ray

Keep playing the blindness of fanboyism, you just proved my point it's amazing how you sony fanboys say this and the same goes for Xbox too. But you sony fanboys are the absolute worse. So let me ask you this, so a 3090 is more powerful in compute calculations not in everything, anyway. And I wouldn't use this game or BC in general like that if I can say. ---- See how stupid that sounds my dude. --- Plain and simple fanboys of all types of blind and these companies are playing you guys like a fiddle.

And which fanboy organization am I in again? Help me remember please I can't figure out if I'm on PC, Xbox, or PlayStation. Also again plain and simple, you are just biased, oh I forgot, the PS5 SSD is going to make every game run good, lol pathetic.....Also, you just proved my point in bias assumptions. I said what I said and I'm right and you are wrong.....goodbye and ignored. Bye!

Do not care.....Ask someone else. Ignored.

c6TpRZc.png

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Playing the game with i9-9900k CPU @ 3.60GHz
32gb ram
64 bit operating system
Nvidia 2080 Founder's Edition
Dell Monitor 2k @ 165hz refresh GSync enabled

Game is beautiful! Getting 90+ fps at all times. Running the game all maxed out at 2k in game.
Silky smooth. Colorful.

However, the story and play control among a few other nagging issues(IMO there's too many sub systems for your character, play control is all over the place in terms of who you're trying to fight..etc)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the game is WEIRD. I'm very early in game at the part where you
Hoping a few more patches addressing these issues and more are coming down the pipeline.

Oh and I'm playing it through Origin EA Play Membership which I cancelled and have until May 31 to play it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

biomutant-15034919621381280w-1504312810457.jpg

wp4311350.jpg

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Playing the game with i9-9900k CPU @ 3.60GHz
32gb ram
64 bit operating system
Nvidia 2080 Founder's Edition
Dell Monitor 2k @ 165hz refresh GSync enabled

Game is beautiful! Getting 90+ fps at all times. Running the game all maxed out at 2k in game.
Silky smooth. Colorful.

However, the story and play control among a few other nagging issues(IMO there's too many sub systems for your character, play control is all over the place in terms of who you're trying to fight..etc)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the game is WEIRD. I'm very early in game at the part where you
Hoping a few more patches addressing these issues and more are coming down the pipeline.

Oh and I'm playing it through Origin EA Play Membership which I cancelled and have until May 31 to play it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

biomutant-15034919621381280w-1504312810457.jpg

wp4311350.jpg
what game are those screenshots from?

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
I was joking. But if its do easy why nobody else cant do it?
I'm pretty sure the 60fps version won't be far off. Judging by Miles
I didn’t say it was easy. I said it was easier to push more polygons, better lighting, higher quality shaders, more particles etc when you give your gpu 33ms instead of 16ms to draw every frame.

I’m also interested to see what they cut back to hit 60fps. There won’t be any RT imo along with reduced tessellation, draw distance, shadow quality and obviously lower resolution. It will still look really good.

It’s utterly pointless to compare Biomutant to Ratchet for a variety of reasons mainly number of staff, quality of artists, tools, budget and target hardware / number of platforms.

Top Bottom