• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biomutant will be 4k/60 on XSX, 1440/30 on XSS, 1080/60 on PS5 (technical issues, patch to follow). Current gen info to follow

elliot5

Nobody thinks the ps5 won't beat the XSS in power once a native edition arrives. The benefit of BC with Series is it lets players enjoy the benefits of their console without needing the devs to bring a native edition to market. What if PS5 doesn't come until 4 months from now? PlayStation 5 players are stuck at 1080p and that would feel bad for the user knowing their console can do more than that, but are limited by the OS.

It just comes down to user experience benefits. I'm not sure why things like this need to be hand waved as "it's just bc" or "wait for native". Yeah, eventually Xbox one and PS4 games will stop being made, but in the interim as these NEW games come out you don't have to wait around for the devs to grace you with a native version.

Fredrik

depend on the engine....some prefer non-parallelized workloads and therefore the clock is an advantage others the opposite
Yeah just don’t take anything for granted, it’s Unreal Engine though so hopefully it’ll run well on both.
I’m starting on PC, might double dip later on XSX.

assurdum

Banned
Yea this is weird. People keep saying that it's just BC. That it's not a native PS5 version. Well guess what? It's not a native Series X version either.

The backhanded insinuation that the native versions will benefit one console and not the other is hilarious.
WTF? Who has ever said that?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
why everyone talks about this game???

I see it as very average.

Is it like a Devil may cry or something similar?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Could be like this as well.

acvps5xsxpc.png

Although it was 1080p on XSX as by VGTech. Karma could end up being nasty here so would wanna laugh when current gen version is available. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:
Yup:

PS5 in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2432x1368. PS5 in Performance Mode rarely renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160.

Xbox Series X in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being 1920x1080. Xbox Series X in Performance Mode rarely renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160 and drops in resolution down to 1920x1080 seem to be uncommon.

Massive margin.

A Biomutant thread and you bring up Assassin's Creed Valhalla from 6 months ago.

Great way to derail the thread.

ZywyPL

Banned
5akehh.jpg

Love the visuals and the artstyle, not so sure about the gameplay, looks to be the game's weakest aspect.

MaulerX

AWTF? Who has ever said that?

The point I made was that since this whole discussion began, all you ever read is "it's not a native PS5 game". Obviously the native version will make it better. No arguing that. But it's not a native Series X version either.

But honestly I don't think the devs will go above and beyond with either native version. They're more likely to aim for parity and call it a day. They're a small team after all.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Bo,

At least be consistent on this forum with your view on BC instead adjusting to fit a narrative. In this Biomutant thread, you downplay BC, yet in the LoU2 PS5 60 fps patch thread you're loving it. Even redownloading the game again to play it. So amped up, you even uploaded images of you downloading the game.
BC is great. If you don't like it who cares. Let people enjoy it and let people be happy Xbox usually has the better BC. Biomutant deserves better then you talking about assassin's Creed.
Enjoy then, friend.
--------------------------------
Downloading the game as we speak! Gonna give it a try, upload a 4K@60fps HDR video to youtube. Can't see myself replaying the whole thing as I don't usually replay my games.
Game is taking too long to download! Too many people are all over it as it seems, initial download 4 hours and full being 14 hours! It should download the whole thing in around 50min for 200Mbps download speed. :messenger_face_screaming:
Tried to be a smart ass, paused the download then again started it. Magic!

DSC-4310.jpg

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Bo,

At least be consistent on this forum with your view on BC instead adjusting to fit a narrative. In this Biomutant thread, you downplay BC, yet in the LoU2 PS5 60 fps patch thread you're loving it. Even redownloading the game again to play it. So amped up, you even uploaded images of you downloading the game.

--------------------------------

I'm consistent, just deleted the game after testing it for few minutes. Even the most awarded game in gaming history won't make me replay the whole thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Not surprised this topic is still going. lol

Anyway, three more days!!! Hyped!!! Game looks great and really into the combat/gameplay, plus there will be an on/off option for Motion Blur post release so im very happy. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Riky

$MSFT
Yup:

PS5 in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2432x1368. PS5 in Performance Mode rarely renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160.

Xbox Series X in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being 1920x1080. Xbox Series X in Performance Mode rarely renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160 and drops in resolution down to 1920x1080 seem to be uncommon.

Massive margin.

Still clinging to launch comparisons 🤣🤣

WNkWw3d.jpg

But it's smoother on Xbox 😅

assurdum

Banned
The point I made was that since this whole discussion began, all you ever read is "it's not a native PS5 game". Obviously the native version will make it better. No arguing that. But it's not a native Series X version either.

But honestly I don't think the devs will go above and beyond with either native version. They're more likely to aim for parity and call it a day. They're a small team after all.
But ps5 has notorious issue with BC games, on series X is like to switch a button to enhance higher resolution.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
But ps5 has notorious issue with BC games, on series X is like to switch a button to enhance higher resolution.
If it was that easy on Series S or X, you wouldnt have 80 games with BC boosts. You'd have 800 or 1800 already.

It still takes work.

Key difference is PS5 cant handle BC they way Xbox can. It looks like it takes the PS4 Pro game and can easily boost frame rate to 60 fps and loading times. But res and picture quality is the same. And no 120 fps.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Still clinging to launch comparisons 🤣🤣

WNkWw3d.jpg

But it's smoother on Xbox 😅
Maybe because it can run with 44% of less pixels in the most demanding scene? Just to say eh. That's curious when ps5 runs with 30% of less pixels people as you scream of inferior version (Hitman 3 and Outriders) but when the contrary happens nonono Valhalla or Tony Hawk don't counts.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Maybe because it can run with 44% of less pixels in the most demanding scene? Just to say eh. That's curious when ps5 runs with 30% of less pixels people as you scream of inferior version or I'm wrong? It's bizzarre such narrative works just when Hitman 3 and Outriders are involved but nonono Valhalla it's just a launch game eh.

Read the breakdown on the video description, they run at the same resolution most of the time, Hitman 3 runs with a 44% resolution advantage on Xbox ALL the time and higher shadow settings.

assurdum

Banned
Read the breakdown on the video description, they run at the same resolution most of the time, Hitman 3 runs with a 44% resolution advantage on Xbox ALL the time and higher shadow settings.
It's 31%, genius. 44% it's between 1080p and 1440p. Look how ironic can be some situations, sometime the gap in resolution is wider in favour of the ps5.
And laugh. Neither the basic math know and he is just good to reverse the narrative when it's convenient; barely knows of what he talking about, tech wise.

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
Because it's been years since announcement. Couple that with next gen "performance" controversy and everyone's bickering
Who would have thought that the Xbox Series X is more powerful than the PS5 yet when I write this people will call me a fanboy for stating facts, remember the fanboys want everyone to pay attention to the sales not what both systems are capable to do over the longrun.

assurdum

Banned
Who would have thought that the Xbox Series X is more powerful than the PS5 yet when I write this people will call me a fanboy for stating facts, remember the fanboys want everyone to pay attention to the sales not what both systems are capable to do over the longrun.
Xbox series X is more powerful in compute calculation not in everything, anyway. And I wouldn't use this game or BC in general as prove of that, if I can say

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
He says it better than I do.

I stopped after he says the bias that I've been talking about and what truly, and I mean truly pisses me off to the core of my soul, okay there is so much to go over with the time I watched and could not finish it. I would rather watch Colteastwood and he is a true fanboy than what the garbage that I wasted 5 mins watching. First off, he takes so long to get the point, sounds like Crapgamer, takes long to make a point and when trying to make a point, he does not do a good job in making the specific point. Another.....look how the tables have turned, back in 2013 through 2015, fanboys from Sony have gloated about having higher performance and having better graphics now ALL OF A SUDDEN.................................that does not matter? Now that Xbox was forced to make a powerful console that is not the issue? I don't get it, I truly don't get both fanboys and I mention both because it goes both ways. Can anyone in the gaming community make up their minds when making a point?

I just don't understand, first, it was about graphics, then performance, now it does not matter anymore because now that Xbox has a powerful system, Sony fanboys think it is not a big deal, weren't they the ones who forced Xbox to be aggressive? With games and how powerful their consoles are? --- lastly, now that games are starting to take that advantage that the Xbox Series X has now it's a conspiracy over the fact that devs may play dirty and that Microsoft might be paying off devs to not make the game look good or run good on PS5. You all need to make up your mind on what is important and what is not. Cause it's starting to get confusing now. Lol, the irony is there somewhere hidden in the fanboy worlds of Sony and Microsoft. Both companies are playing you guys like a dang fiddle my guy. Lol, this is funny.

Derktron

Banned
Xbox series X is more powerful in compute calculation not in everything, anyway. And I wouldn't use this game or BC in general as prove of that, if I can say
Keep playing the blindness of fanboyism, you just proved my point it's amazing how you sony fanboys say this and the same goes for Xbox too. But you sony fanboys are the absolute worse. So let me ask you this, so a 3090 is more powerful in compute calculations not in everything, anyway. And I wouldn't use this game or BC in general like that if I can say. ---- See how stupid that sounds my dude. --- Plain and simple fanboys of all types of blind and these companies are playing you guys like a fiddle.

assurdum

Banned
Keep playing the blindness of fanboyism, you just proved my point it's amazing how you sony fanboys say this and the same goes for Xbox too. But you sony fanboys are the absolute worse. So let me ask you this, so a 3090 is more powerful in compute calculations not in everything, anyway. And I wouldn't use this game or BC in general like that if I can say. ---- See how stupid that sounds my dude. --- Plain and simple fanboys of all types of blind and these companies are playing you guys like a fiddle.
The absolute worst fanboy are people like you who hasn't a clue of what talking about and because he seen an higher TF counts, his mind can't figure out how GPU are not tied just to the CU counts. Plain and simple. And it's me the fanboy, really? Not you because mama MS tell you to have done the most powerful console ever no way the other box could have other tech advantages? Has maybe Sony ever told their console his more powerful? So who really playing like a fiddle with who? :messenger_tears_of_joy: Some of you are unbelievable.

Last edited:

I'm really confused about something.

Doesn't each system have it's own advantages over the other?

Like for some things the XSX is better while for others the PS5 is better. Not really like comparing a high end PC from 5 years ago to a current high end PC.

As for Biomutant it's the game via BC on both platforms. It's pretty obvious that Microsoft does BC better than Sony. Once the native versions come out both should be better. Just kind of sucks that the PS5 is stuck at 1080P not due to a lack of power but due to the basic BC features that it has.

With that said I'm curious what the devs mean by "technical issues" and if a native version would be enough to eliminate them.

Derktron

Banned
The absolute worst fanboy are people like you
And which fanboy organization am I in again? Help me remember please I can't figure out if I'm on PC, Xbox, or PlayStation. Also again plain and simple, you are just biased, oh I forgot, the PS5 SSD is going to make every game run good, lol pathetic.....Also, you just proved my point in bias assumptions. I said what I said and I'm right and you are wrong.....goodbye and ignored. Bye!

Derktron

Banned

Like for some things the XSX is better while for others the PS5 is better. Not really like comparing a high end PC from 5 years ago to a current high end PC.

As for Biomutant it's the game via BC on both platforms. It's pretty obvious that Microsoft does BC better than Sony. Once the native versions come out both should be better. Just kind of sucks that the PS5 is stuck at 1080P not due to a lack of power but due to the basic BC features that it has.

With that said I'm curious what the devs mean by "technical issues" and if a native version would be enough to eliminate them.
Do not care.....Ask someone else. Ignored.

assurdum

Banned
And which fanboy organization am I in again? Help me remember please I can't figure out if I'm on PC, Xbox, or PlayStation. Also again plain and simple, you are just biased, oh I forgot, the PS5 SSD is going to make every game run good, lol pathetic.....Also, you just proved my point in bias assumptions. I said what I said and I'm right and you are wrong.....goodbye and ignored. Bye!
Goodbye child without argumentation outside Xbox is superior, maybe a day you will grow up.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned

For the no fanboy "I own all the platform" the only argumentation it's Xbox is more powerful, you are a blinded fanboy if you are trying to argument any other counterpoints :pie_thinking:. He's too much brilliant for us

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

You're doing exactly what you're accusing other people of doing. lol

The problem with a lot of Xbox fanboys is that they go with their own narrative created by so called "Tech" experts from their own community. They're so quick to quote an ex-Sony dev saying the power difference is "Staggering", but when a dev said it's not about TF, they're going to accuse him of damage controlling or being paid by Sony.

So far they're saying video game engines are built differently and we're going to see one engine benefit from a wide/lower clocks while others will benefit from narrow/high clocks.

@ 21:51 and @30:30

Saying, "I don't care. You're right and you're wrong" is more of a fanboy attitude than anything else. lol

Top Bottom