• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Slag helps so much in UVHM. I have a Lv 50 Slag Conference Call and it helps tremendously. I wish I had a Slagga though. My CC is slowly falling off in terms of its usefulness.

I just went to farm Tector & Jimbo Hodunk on TVHM and it dropped after two reloads.
I already have one so it's yours if you want it:
v4Hnagr.png

Zuly

Slag helps so much in UVHM. I have a Lv 50 Slag Conference Call and it helps tremendously. I wish I had a Slagga though. My CC is slowly falling off in terms of its usefulness.

I personally prefer slag grenades to switching between weapons for slagging but I'm a Siren and we don't have a weapon swap boost. While Ruin helps, the slag in Ruin only lasts for a second or two.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I personally prefer slag grenades to switching between weapons for slagging but I'm a Siren and we don't have a weapon swap boost. While Ruin helps, the slag in Ruin only lasts for a second or two.

I thought all classes in UVHM got a weapon swap boost? I remember reading that somewhere but I don't know if it's true.

Aggrotek

I just went to farm Tector & Jimbo Hodunk on TVHM and it dropped after two reloads.
I already have one so it's yours if you want it:
v4Hnagr.png

I think that one would be worse than the CC I have currently. Thanks for the offer though. I just reached where I can do the Clan War quest so I can start hunting for one.

Kovaelin

I just went back to BL1 today. Playing as Lilith, I found myself killing myself more often than anything just by walking too close to barrels. I think I may need a better shield too.

Also, does anyone else have graphics issues when playing the General Knoxx DLC?

Ichabod

Banned
Trying to set my sights on a decent lvl 72 Zero melee build but having trouble getting a straight answer through google-fu. Any suggestions?

Zuly

He's talking about the changes made in UVHM overall, not specific class skills.

They lengthened the time that slag stays on enemies, increased slag-on-slag damage, and sped up weapon swap speed across all classes in order to facilitate better usage of slag in UVHM.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Vault_Hunter_Mode
Oh, my bad, but yeah, I knew about that. I misunderstood was he was talking about. :x

I still think they switch too slow for my Siren, so I mostly rely on nade mods to slag and get rid of shields.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So this is pretty hilarious. I was fighting The Warrior on my Mechro in Normal mode and had two Mechros join me mid-battle. After we killed him, we had two Deathtraps up shooting at the ever respawning rakks. We quickly found out that two of the Deathtraps have the skill that allows them to stay alive for 5 more seconds after a kill, which means that they can stay up indefinitely as the rakk spawn so fast. Basically the three of us are just sitting here right now having the Deathtraps do all the killing for us while we gain XP without even touching the controller. Pretty sweet.

Jrmint

I'm sure I know the answer to this but I just want to make sure.

Weapons with +melee damage increase Krieg's character skill damage correct?

thanks to everyone who replied to me a few nights ago, ill include a pic of my spec at the end of this post. i just realized im lvl 17 and getting raped by lvl 13s, wtf is wrong lol
PSPC7BJ.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Early level cataclysm isn't great with the right weapons or mods to back them up. Is take the points out of Helios and corrosive cloud and max accelerate and ward. Mobility is actually really good for survivability and I put all my skills in there until about level 40. Suspension helps with bad asses, converge pulls enemies together which helps for splash damage and quicken is godlike as it allows you to phase lock pretty much all the time.

Also get a turtle shield.

Zuly

I suggest sticking with the Motion tree up until you get Converge. After that, you may move on to the Cataclysm tree. Don't get Flicker and instead go straight to Foresight and move down to Helios all the way down to Ruin. Blight Phoenix is not essential but still useful in lower difficulties. In general, most, if not, all of Sirens Kill Skills are not that useful. I only put one point in Blight Phoenix because it looks cool.

http://www.bl2skills.com/siren.html#555001000000000000000505510551

This is my current level 72 build: http://www.bl2skills.com/siren.html#555051050052050100000555510511

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm sure I know the answer to this but I just want to make sure.

Weapons with +melee damage increase Krieg's character skill damage correct?

Yes and no. Krieg has an independent damage multiplier that does not stack with weapon modifiers, and it increases every level. A +50% melee weapon will be a net damage increase until some point until, I think, the mid 40's, at which point it will actually be a decrease because it will override your, now superior, intrinsic melee damage bonus.

Lyuda is the best weapon in the game IMO. Even several levels under powered that thing still wrecks. I have had a slag, fire and corrosive version of it through the different levels. The corrosive one is level 60 and it still dissolves level 74 armor enemies.

Lyuda ftw.

Vazduh

I've just seen the Borderlands 2 sale at Getgamesgo.com. Which DLC's do you recommend to buy (currently playing with Axton, not interested in starting the game with another character) and which one to skip? Just want the DLC's that add more campaign. Thanks!

Insaniac

thanks to everyone who replied to me a few nights ago, ill include a pic of my spec at the end of this post. i just realized im lvl 17 and getting raped by lvl 13s, wtf is wrong lol
PSPC7BJ.jpg

take points out of flicker for now and put them into Helios, that will make its damage more significant. Invest some points into ward(?) for more survivability, or accelerate / minds eye if you want more damage.

Zuly

I've just seen the Borderlands 2 sale at Getgamesgo.com. Which DLC's do you recommend to buy (currently playing with Axton, not interested in starting the game with another character) and which one to skip? Just want the DLC's that add more campaign. Thanks!
Content wise, the best ones are Torgue and Tiny Tina's.

Loot wise, Torgue and Pirate Booty.

So I just wanted to give my thoughts post-mortem of Borderlands 2. My positives, negatives and hopefuls for the next game. I know there's only a few of us left who peruse this thread, so I'd love to see what you guys think of my list, and what list you all have:

Positive:
  • Slag
  • Handsome Jack's character
  • Guns that explode when you reload (and then reappear in your hands)
  • The 'puritan' robot
  • Juggernaut enemy
  • The Bee
  • Preserving Scooter's hilarity
  • Grenade jumping

Negative:
  • Sniping at high levels with any non-Zero character
  • Assault Rifles at high levels
  • The purple worms that suck you in and kill you
  • Tiny Tina's weird throat voice when she got excited (and I know some people really enjoyed her character but I thought it was awful, thankfully her DLC cleared that up)
  • Lack of legitimately awesome legendaries/pearlescents in later DLC packs
  • How long some of the dialogue was to start a mission
  • Long lengths of running for no good reason.

What I hope to see in the next game:
  • Playable Eridian warrior class (the final enemies at the end of the first game that look like Protoss Zealots)
  • Better handling of assault rifles at high levels (just make a truly awesome Legendary)
  • Deeper player appearance customization.

Lyuda is the best weapon in the game IMO. Even several levels under powered that thing still wrecks. I have had a slag, fire and corrosive version of it through the different levels. The corrosive one is level 60 and it still dissolves level 74 armor enemies.

Lyuda ftw.

Never heard of it - have any more info? I guess I could just google it, but I would love to hear what you have to say about it.

Cat Party

Never heard of it - have any more info? I guess I could just google it, but I would love to hear what you have to say about it.
It's called White Death on 360. The name was changed to Lyuda for some reason on the other versions. Vladof legendary sniper. I have a level 71 corrosive and it's RIDICULOUS. Eats through ammo like crazy though.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The purple worms that suck you in and kill you

Good God yes, those enemies were annoying as all hell.

Personally I thought most of the DLCs were pretty forgettable and not worth a purchase. I just bought Tiny Tina's DLC yesterday on sale though, so I haven't played that yet to give an opinion. If When Gearbox releases BL3 and starts to create DLC for it, if it is being outsourced then I won't bother purchasing it not even when it goes on sale. Complete waste of time and money.

The additional characters are amazing though. I am currently leveling a Mechro and having tons and tons of fun with her. Haven't tried Krieg yet but he seems like a fun character to play too.

I also hope that they come up with a better way of handling TVHM and UVHM than just replaying the campaign over and over again. It works for games like Diablo 3 because of how quickly you can blast through the campaign, but it takes ages in BL2 and the difficulty curve can get pretty steep if you're not getting lucky drops.

I also wish the bosses and high-end content were more easily solo-able. Yeah it's fun to get 3 friends and attack this content, but most of the time I'm playing solo and I can't be bothered to dedicate the time required to cheese some of the boss fights.

It's called White Death on 360. The name was changed to Lyuda for some reason on the other versions. Vladof legendary sniper. I have a level 71 corrosive and it's RIDICULOUS. Eats through ammo like crazy though.

It's called White Death on 360 and Lyuda on PS3/PC to play homage to two snipers in World War 2. Lyuda is based off the Soviet sniper Lyudmila Mykhailivna Pavlichenko and White Death is based off the nickname of Finnish sniper Simo Häyhä.

Zertez

Sad watching this game die so quickly. They have enough content to squeeze another 6 months without adding new areas, but they have to look at Slag and UVHM again. It has killed the fun in the game with both of my friends list. Maybe they dont care anymore. Hopefully they are close to revealing BL3 and dont want to commit the resources to BL2, then again they farmed out development for most of the DLC so they didnt use much in house resources to begin with.

Sad watching this game die so quickly. They have enough content to squeeze another 6 months without adding new areas, but they have to look at Slag and UVHM again. It has killed the fun in the game with both of my friends list. Maybe they dont care anymore. Hopefully they are close to revealing BL3 and dont want to commit the resources to BL2, then again they farmed out development for most of the DLC so they didnt use much in house resources to begin with.

Tiny Tina's is awesome, the problem is I've already farmed for the same legendaries twice with UVHM and I really don't want to farm them a third time with ultimate upgrade pack 2. At least not at the moment.

Yeah, it chews through ammo but even the slag version annihilates. If you can get an another elemental version to give you the edge against whatever enemy type you are fighting and it becomes silly. It shots and splits into three? or five? bullets at a certain distance out. It just has always been my favorite sniper rifle of the three I have managed to get to drop across different levels. I think at this point I might go for one of each at lvl 72.

Yeah, it chews through ammo but even the slag version annihilates. If you can get an another elemental version to give you the edge against whatever enemy type you are fighting and it becomes silly. It shots and splits into three? or five? bullets at a certain distance out. It just has always been my favorite sniper rifle of the three I have managed to get to drop across different levels. I think at this point I might go for one of each at lvl 72.

I have one in Corrosive and it tears bots up. If you can get well-acquainted with the range at which it splits into three it's brilliant at hitting their shoulder joints for critical hits.

Cat Party

When it splits, you get the Bee boost for each shot, too.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Only US residents can win prizes. But everyone can participate in the daily events which will lead to special drop rates for cool guns on all versions of BL2.

For those curious, I broke down the Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition to see if the cost is a value to those who already own the game: http://www.savingcontent.com/post/63475532313/should-you-buy-the-borderlands-2-goty-edition

Basically, you're going to spend about the same to upgrade a base copy to the GOTY Edition.

That article is really eschewed as well since it doesn't list the game's price or specific dlc on sale whether it be on sale via Steam or Xbox Live, which it has been numerous times.

If it had been more aggressively priced around $40 I could see that possibly being a bargain. But the main game and dlc have been on sale way too many times for anyone to see the value in that package.

That's a really great contest idea. Everyone can get good loot, and getting the loot gives you the chance to win actual stuff!

Just need to reinstall the game since it's been a while since I last played. (it's not like I have a thousand other Steam games, GTA 5, Free PS+ games for PS3 and Vita, and M&L Dream Team to play) ._.

My friend says they delayed it to 10am (?ST) Saturday, didn't cite a source though.

Apparently it's from the official forums according to this Steam forum thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/810938082276016264/
Update 10/11/13

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience today while we overcame technical difficulties with the start of our Loot Hunt event.

Due to the nature of these difficulties, we will be officially starting the Loot Hunt tomorrow, October 12th, at 11AM EDT.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Be sure to check www.borderlands2loothunt.com tomorrow at 11AM EDT for full Loot Hunt info!

So I killed Knuckle Dragger, looted Gwen's Head, and the site is still saying "not killed".

I did it with a new toon, but I doubt that matters, right? It's probably just taking a while to update?

P.S. I just also did it on my 61 toon as well.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So I killed Knuckle Dragger, looted Gwen's Head, and the site is still saying "not killed".

I did it with a new toon, but I doubt that matters, right? It's probably just taking a while to update?
I reckon so, SHIFT servers probably update periodically. Just make sure you're online when you do it and you should get credit.

What I'm wondering is what the best area / difficulty is to farm Badass Marauders.

Top Bottom