• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

So I killed Knuckle Dragger, looted Gwen's Head, and the site is still saying "not killed".

I did it with a new toon, but I doubt that matters, right? It's probably just taking a while to update?

P.S. I just also did it on my 61 toon as well.

There's a note in "My Stats" that states it may take some time to update.

What I'm wondering is what the best area / difficulty is to farm Badass Marauders.

Southern Shelf Bay is what I'm gathering from the Gearbox forums.

Guess I have to dl the compatibility pack to be online for this to count. No Gwen's Head. I have slow internet so nothing before work probably :/

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Thanks for the input guys. Also love your avatar, gotcha.

Anyone know if it has to be specifically "Badass Marauders" or if it can be the TVHM and UVHM variations? Because most of the time at least in UVHM you are getting "Ultimate Badass Marauders" etc. which I doubt count toward the total. If it has to be Badass Marauder specifically, is it best to farm on TVHM/Normal?

Tenumi

Banned
I had two Knuckledragger kills, and two Gwen's Head drops. Neither particularly great.

This brings back memories of Mass Effect 3 weekend challenges. Those were good times...

Zertez

I killed Knuckledragger about 10 times. He dropped Gwen's Head every time. Most of them were pretty bad, but one of them was decent. I dont like the effect on the weapon much, so that takes the value down some for my usage. While logged into Shift, it took about 90 minutes or so for the system to update and show the kill.

Today's target is Boom Bewm, who drop the Hornet, a legendary corrosive pistol. Which you then have to use to kill bullymong slingers. Yep, a corrosive weapon to kill a fleshy enemy.

Zertez

Im enjoying this event so far. It is a cool idea and hopefully something they use a lot with the next game. Sucks so many of my friends stopped playing months ago and refuse to come back. As fast as some of the community targets are being completed, the player base is still pretty strong.

Cat Party

Im enjoying this event so far. It is a cool idea and hopefully something they use a lot with the next game. Sucks so many of my friends stopped playing months ago and refuse to come back. As fast as some of the community targets are being completed, the player base is still pretty strong.

Yes, it's a great idea. Mass Effect 3 used to do weekend challenges quite frequently, and they were a lot of fun.

Zertez

It is a way to get people to play through the game all over as the targets are named bosses as you progress through the game. It gives players a short window at nice weapons without needing to farm for hours. I understand the most powerful weapons need to be rare, but many of these weapons shouldnt be as rare as they are especially when half of them are junk.

Zertez

It seems most of the weapons so far have been pretty bad compared to some of their blue counterparts found at the same lvl. Hopefully they will start offering better legendaries as the targets progress to higher lvl bosses.

Im curious about the community award for the week. Will everyone be eligible to get the reward, if they have all the targets except the community ones or do they have to be involved with killing the community mobs? The wording of how to obtain the community award is not clear on this point. The community mobs die too fast and by the time I have a chance to kill them, the target has already been matched. Going to try tomorrow to get in some kills.

Cat Party

It seems most of the weapons so far have been pretty bad compared to some of their blue counterparts found at the same lvl. Hopefully they will start offering better legendaries as the targets progress to higher lvl bosses.

Im curious about the community award for the week. Will everyone be eligible to get the reward, if they have all the targets except the community ones or do they have to be involved with killing the community mobs? The wording of how to obtain the community award is not clear on this point. The community mobs die too fast and by the time I have a chance to kill them, the target has already been matched. Going to try tomorrow to get in some kills.

I'm pretty sure everyone who is registered gets the reward, regardless of whether you killed the targets or contributed kills to the goals. Like you, by the time I can play, the goal is usually met. I got to chip in a few GUN loaders at least.

And I disagree about the bounty weapons, only because the twin Hornet is a great gun, and now I have an OP2 version. But it does seem like they are picking unloved weapons and boosting them for the most part.

The Hornet is the best weapon that they've chosen. I hope to God the raid bosses aren't included in these bounties cos they're pretty much impossible for me solo.

Also do you guys think they're gonna include mission quest rewards like the Sandhawk because I would love to get a new one. I've used a level 61 corrosive all the way to level 72 OP4 and it's not really cutting it anymore. Holy shit I've used that weapon for about 15 levels. That weapon is a beast.

Zertez

There is one badass psycho at the first opening gate of Southpaw Steam and Power. He takes like a minute to get to and you can reset, compared to taking several minutes to get to the 3 in Frostburn canyon.

For some reason the meter for badass psycho's isnt moving although I killed over 30 with no credit. It also took away credit for killing Knuckledragger, even though it shows killed under day 1 target. I guess this is a test run/experiment for future events and bugs should be expected, as long as I get the entries and weapons I dont care.

Zertez

There is definitely something off about community kills. I have killed countless Badass Psychos with the Longbow and it doesnt show me having even 1 kill.

Zertez

All of a sudden it says I didn't kill Knuckledragger. The check mark is gone after being there all week, wtf.
I think it is doing that for most people now. If you go the target for that day, it shows killed. The whole thing looks like a beta product test for the next game. It is free and something I never expected, so Im ok with it I guess. The amount of cash prizes show how desperately they wanted the community to stress test the system.

Psi

In addition to losing the Knuckledragger kill, after killing Midgemong I've lost the Boom Bewm kill now as well.

Isn't Midgemong the midget riding the bullymong in the shack area of Southern Shelf Bay? I get there, go past the "bizarre" signs and kill everyone but no Midgemong. Do I have to start that mission or something?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Isn't Midgemong the midget riding the bullymong in the shack area of Southern Shelf Bay? I get there, go past the "bizarre" signs and kill everyone but no Midgemong. Do I have to start that mission or something?
You might need the mission, but just to be sure make sure you approach the shack at the top of the complex with the vending machines in them. He pops out of there when you get close enough.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Heh, my credit for Boom Bewm disappeared too. Hope this gets sorted out soon. I want my disappointment at not winning $500k to be legitimate.

Yea you need the mission from Hammerlock to spawn him. After the mission's done he respawns like any normal boss mob.

Zertez

Anyone get a Creamer to drop yet? Ive killed him 6 times and nothing. After all the work to kill the community goals, having to farm for the reward seems ridiculous.

Zertez

I ended up getting 2 Creamers out of 25 kills, one was 59 and the other was 61. The lvl 61 has more damage of course, but it has a longer reload time and a magazine of 2 instead of 3 like the lvl 59. Im probably going to stick with the lvl 59 since the extra 90k of dmg isnt that big of a deal.

Im curious how or who are picking the rewards especially after looking through the first week weapons. They seem to be picking weapons that are not used often or are rare. The main reason not many use them or farm for them is because they arent that good compared to other weapons. People are going to farm for the best and most useful weapons/gear, not junk.

Some of the weapons are useful in certain situations, but the majority of items have been ok so far, but have flaws that keep them from being great. The Fastball community reward has to be a mistake or joke though. The Creamer isnt the best, but it is useful in several situations. Ive had several Fastballs for months and never use them. It is fun to play around with due to the way it travels and fuse time, but the blast range is pathetic. Unless you have mobs stacked on top of each other somehow like with a Siren Phaselock or hallway, you are lucky to hit 2 mobs with it.

As disappointing as the weapons have been, I am enjoying the event and hit list concept a lot. If they can work out a few of the problems with the system and have a similar system going all the time for BL3, it will add a lot of fun and chaos. If they can keep mixing things up with sought after loot as rewards, it will keep playing much longer than they normally would, which would buy them time in between dlc releases.

MadmanUK

I already gone through the game in UVHM with a gunzerker. I'm now tempted to start again with another character. Who is the most fun 2nd time through?

Zertez

I went through with a Siren first and my second playthrough was with a Commando. I enjoyed playing the Commando class a lot. It took a lot of the pressure off needing to constantly be moving. The turret makes things almost too easy. For me the Commando is the most balanced class through every difficulty level, although some would say he is overpowered. I think it is more a case of his mechanics scaling much better than other classes do. Having a turret fire slag bullets makes UVHM a lot less tedious imo.

I already gone through the game in UVHM with a gunzerker. I'm now tempted to start again with another character. Who is the most fun 2nd time through?

Gaige and Krieg are the best IMO. The original 4 don't have as much variety and seem bland by comparison. Gearbox did a knockout job on the DLC characters. They're much better designed to fit the game and offer unique playstyles.

Zertez

Maybe it is because I like to drink a few beers and relax while Im playing, but I found Krieg too stressful for me. You are constantly dying and fighting for your life. He is at great recovering and it seems his mechanics are based on him living on the edge, so it stressed me out too much. With the Commando I can throw down a turret and let it Slag things and I dont have to worry about constantly switching between guns. I think it comes down to personal preference and how you like to play games, some people are tanks, healers, dmg dealers etc, there really is no right or wrong answer just personal tastes.

Just picked up the second upgrade pack, and I shouldn't be surprised, but does Gearbox really expect me to keep running UVHM until I ding 72? Or is the new raid thing meant to be how I get there?

Not a fan of Bloody Harvest. I guess it's appropriately priced at $3, but I'd rather spend that money on some indie game on Steam than buy another headhunter pack. I think they used a new person for TK Baha's voice, too.

Meh/10.

Not a fan of Bloody Harvest. I guess it's appropriately priced at $3, but I'd rather spend that money on some indie game on Steam than buy another headhunter pack. I think they used a new person for TK Baha's voice, too.

Meh/10.

Yep as soon as I played it I instantly regretted it even if it was at 3 bucks. Was kinda lame and felt like a rip off.

Zertez

They keep wheeling out more junk weapons, I didnt realize there was this many situational and almost useless legendaries out there. I think about the only decent weapon Ive see is the Hornet and maybe Moxxi's Creamer for certain builds.

Top Bottom