• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boy refuses to live as male; parents seek help of therapists, opt for delayed puberty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugu

Volimar said:
I did read the article, don't make assumptions. I was saying the child should give actually living life as a male a try before deciding he doesn't like it. There are options down the line, but this kind of decision carried out on a prepubescent child could have long term repercussions whether he decides to be male or not.

I say this as a person raising an 11 year old myself. I wouldn't let even the most emotionally and intellectually mature 11 year old make this kind of lifelong decision. My 11 year old wants to be either a veterinarian that only works with cats or a magician when he grows up. Now, chances are, by the time he's an adult his intentions will change. It's not a direct analogy, but I'm just saying that we are different people when we're 11 than when we're adults.

The only thing that does give me pause is that if he continues to identify as female, he'll have a hard time socializing in school later. I'm sure his parents are simply trying to spare him the pain of trying to conform or being a pariah, something that as former gay teens themselves, they can sympathize with.
Did you live for awhile as a girl before deciding to be a boy?

Orayn

Sentry said:
Damn, what the fuck happened in this thread?

Clicked since the title change made me think it was a different thread, and shit the first page is a graveyard. Did a double take when all the posts were marked 'yesterday'; thought I walked into a bumped 09 thread. :lol

Read through a bit of the debate, and I see how some could view it as abuse, and I certainly made that assumption on the old thread title, but reading the actual article it's a different case all-together..

However, what I DON'T identify with personally is suddenly being obligated to call the child a female and refer to him as she. He has a dick, he's a male. Sorry, but it's in his genetics.

I am not saying it's in his genes to FEEL like a male, but the fact is he is, and until he gets boobs and pushes forward with the changes he's on track with, I can't refer to him as female.

It's just too confusing, sorry. I will when he looks like one, happily!
I'm going to let someone else explain how you are missing the point of gender identity in just about every possible way, because I stayed up all night working on a lab report and can barely form a coherent sentence right now.

Emitan

This is why everything needs respecing. Even real life.

(now after posting this is sounds slightly less funny so I'll delete this if its actually offensive and im not seeing it)

Darklord

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
Given your stance about the importance of mental maturity, I'd assume you would be in favour of this. Physical gender doesn't begin to solidify until puberty, so delaying puberty effectively delays the decision until he or she is old enough to rationally assess the pros and cons of living as a specific gender.

As a side note, people seem quite horrified about the idea of delaying puberty, but seem unaware of how many female gymnasts and dancers don't go through puberty until their 20s.

Alright then. I have no issue with this.

omg.kittens said:
Gender isn't about your body or your genitalia. The kid identifies as female, and so is female. Here's a Wikipedia article on sex and gender distinction.

And here's an article that I think is a good introduction to concepts of transgendered and non-binary gender identifications. The "newsmagazine" as a whole is pretty awful, but I think that's a good interview.

Edit: And here's a really rad This American Life piece on two transgendered girls -- both seven years old. The piece is mostly good, but there are some pretty fucked up lines from one kid's father, including wishing his kid was "just gay", and repeatedly using the wrong pronoun for his kid. I feel bad for his kid. :-\

I don't really care enough to read up on it, no offense of course. I'm not being ignorant or bigoted here. Straight, bi, gay, trans, non-binary. Whatever. It's someones sexuality and unlike some I REALLY couldn't give a fuck. Just let people do what they want. If I have a question I'll ask or look it up. Someone being gay or trans effects me as much as their choice of breakfast cereal. I never got why some people get their panties in a twist. Oh god! Un-natural! So if shellfish, long hair on men and tattoos according to the bible. Get real.

noah111

Still Alive
Orayn said:
I'm going to let someone else explain how you are missing the point of gender identity in just about every possible way, because I stayed up all night working on a lab report and can barely form a coherent sentence right now.
Sorry, edited in a PS. in my post before reading your post, skimmed through the last page or so to see where the discussion is at so pardons if my post seems redundant to the dialog.

On my phone so navigating through the previous pages and grabbing what's relevant to my opinion and gender identity isn't exactly easy. :lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sentry said:
However, what I DON'T identify with personally is suddenly being obligated to call the child a female and refer to him as she. He has a dick, he's a male. Sorry, but it's in his genetics.

I am not saying it's in his genes to FEEL like a male, but the fact is he is, and until he gets boobs and pushes forward with the changes he's on track with, I can't refer to him as female.

It's just too confusing, sorry. I will when he looks like one, happily!
It is confusing, but rather than put your foot down and refuse to see it from another perspective, try to open up and understand why the vast majority of trans people adopt new gender pronouns before any sex operation. Many trans people never get an operation. Some just opt for hormone treatment, feeling that their outward appearance is enough to "feel right", and that having a dick or a vag (or being intersex) doesn't determine your gender identity.

Gvaz

Banned
Billychu said:
This is why everything needs respecing. Even real life.

(now after posting this is sounds slightly less funny so I'll delete this if its actually offensive and im not seeing it)

If I could respec to being a girl so I can wear pretty clothes I would. I'm male and men are so ugly, I don't know why women like us :(

Sentry said:
Sorry, edited in a PS. in my post before reading your post, skimmed through the last page or so to see where the discussion is at so pardons if my post seems redundant to the dialog.

On my phone so navigating through the previous pages and grabbing what's relevant to my opinion and gender identity isn't exactly easy. :lol

Your opinion is quite close minded. You're basing gender on something you rarely see of a person unless you're intimate. There is more to people than their physical genitalia dictates.

Gvaz said:
If I could respec to being a girl so I can wear pretty clothes I would. I'm male and men are so ugly, I don't know why women like us :(

Some men are pretty. Some women are attracted to that. Some of us are attracted to the gritty, hard rigid lines that make up some men. It's not ugly, it's handsome and raw.

mantidor

omg.kittens said:
This is my first time in this thread, and wow. I'm trying hard not to rage. Trans/queer/gender issues and raising kids are both really important to me, so this topic hits a whole slew of nerves.

There's sooooo much wrong with this.

1. The child identifies as female and wants to be female.
2. The anorexia is fucking stupid and fucking offensive.
3. Being transgendered is not a disorder. Fuck this guy.
4. Implies that being trans is not natural. Again, fuck this guy.

I certainly don't want to sound insensitive, and I'm a bit ignorant on this. But while 1 and 2 are obvious, 3 and 4 not so much. How is transgenderism natural, or not a disorder? it requires medical intervention, an external treatment that renders the person sterile in the process, it is a problem of the mind, or better worded, a problem of the brain. Transgenderism is simply not a desirable state, would anyone really want to feel their body is wrong? or that it doesn't fit? is a terrible situation that unfortunately can only be treated with irreversible surgery for now, but a "healthier" treatment would be for the patient to accept his or her own (otherwise) healthy body.

I would feel terrible if I had a transgender child, not because of the transgender part, but because of the emotional pain, this kid was thinking of mutilating himself/herself, that's a nightmare scenario for any parent.

mantidor said:
I certainly don't want to sound insensitive, and I'm a bit ignorant on this. But while 1 and 2 are obvious, 3 and 4 not so much. How is transgenderism natural, or not a disorder? it requires medical intervention, an external treatment that renders the person sterile in the process, it is a problem of the mind, or better worded, a problem of the brain. Transgenderism is simply not a desirable state, would anyone really want to feel their body is wrong? or that it doesn't fit? is a terrible situation that unfortunately can only be treated with irreversible surgery for now, but a "healthier" treatment would be for the patient to accept his or her own (otherwise) healthy body.

I would feel terrible if I had a transgender child, not because of the transgender part, but because of the emotional pain, this kid was thinking of mutilating himself/herself, that's a nightmare scenario for any parent.

It should be apparent that this is not an option for them, just as accepting my massive clinical depression was not an option for me. Also, something doesn't have to be the default state for it to be natural.

KHarvey16

mantidor said:

So, put more succinctly, your advice would be "get over it"?

Emitan

Gvaz said:
I always play as a girl in RPGs. I've never been very masculine. Obviously I've never been through what the child in the article is, but I can understand her feelings a little bit.

Volimar said:
I did read the article, don't make assumptions. I was saying the child should give actually living life as a male a try before deciding he doesn't like it.

She has been living as a male (sex-wise) her whole life up to this point, and personally I think getting to the point of mutilating your own genitals is a sign that you don't like your sex.

Volimar said:
I say this as a person raising an 11 year old myself. I wouldn't let even the most emotionally and intellectually mature 11 year old make this kind of lifelong decision. My 11 year old wants to be either a veterinarian that only works with cats or a magician when he grows up. Now, chances are, by the time he's an adult his intentions will change. It's not a direct analogy, but I'm just saying that we are different people when we're 11 than when we're adults.

It isn't a lifelong decision though. If she changes her mind during adolescence, she can discontinue the treatment and live as a cisgendered male. Hormone blocking to delay puberty is not the same thing as hormone treatment intended for sexual reassignment.

noah111

Still Alive
omg.kittens said:
It is confusing, but rather than put your foot down and refuse to see it from another perspective, try to open up and understand why the vast majority of trans people adopt new gender pronouns before any sex operation. Many trans people never get an operation. Some just opt for hormone treatment, feeling that their outward appearance is enough to "feel right", and that having a dick or a vag (or being intersex) doesn't determine your gender identity.
Jesus guys, I edited my post two seconds after posting with a PS. comment saying exactly the opposite of what you're accusing (i.e. refusing to see it from another perspective), guess my edit wasn't quick enough.

I'll quote it for clarity sake;
Sentry said:
PS. I don't want to come across as a hard head ass on the topic, since I know it can offend people. Totally open to my mmind being changed, it's just my current conclusion based on my current knowledge. Don't take it personal...

So i'm not being close minded, just my current perspective. Hell, I can see a future where gender in general is as meaningless a segregation as race, skin, hair and eye color along, but I don't think we're there yet.

Personally, I find it hard to identify with someone who hasn't even reached puberty yet and call them a she. The terminology shouldn't matter, if I met the kid I may treat/act toward him as if I would a young girl based on what I see his interests/body language etc is, doesn't mean I feel obliged to call him a she. It's all fucking semantics imo. Until he looks like a girl and matures, it's hard to refer to someone who clearly appears male, as female. It just needs to be more obvious. That doesn't mean I wouldn't ACKNOWLEDGE that they are female inside their brain/heart whatever you wish to attribute it to, but if you are offended that I refer to him as a he instead of a she then we have bigger problems. It's just words, I can get on board his choice of gender, esp. after puberty, but forgive me if I find it difficult to post 'she' over and over; just feels like i'm kidding myself a bit.

Have I said anything radically offensive? I don't think so, but seriously let me know if you are, I would like more insight on peoples' perspectives.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
mantidor said:
How is transgenderism natural, or not a disorder? it requires medical intervention, an external treatment that renders the person sterile in the process, it is a problem of the mind, or better worded, a problem of the brain.
Many people embrace transgender identity without ever getting an operation, or ever wanting to get an operation. This is another reason why it's important to make a distinction between sex and gender. Being transgendered is transitioning from your socially assigned birth gender to a different gender. Being transsexual is changing your body to better suit your gender identity.

Also, I think everyone here should feel welcome to ask questions, especially if they're sincere and not a backhanded attempt at being hurtful. Actually, I think my definitions of transgender and transsexual are probably not quite accurate, and if someone wants to call me out and critique it, then I'm open to it. This is confusing shit for people who were raised in heteronormative culture -- which is pretty much all of us.

mantidor

jim-jam bongs said:
It should be apparent that this is not an option for them, just as accepting my massive clinical depression was not an option for me. Also, something doesn't have to be the default state for it to be natural.

I agree, that's kind of my point. Well, natural and "unnatural" are odd words, there's really nothing "unnatural", as long as it happens in nature. Natural I guess refers more to whether is a disease or not, the word sounds ugly and unfortunately carries stigma, but transgenderism fills all the requirements of a mental disease, or just a plain disease, people's quality of life (or their lives themselves) are in jeopardy if there's no medical intervention.

KHarvey16 said:

I doubt I even came close to saying that.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
KHarvey16 said:
If that's what you're looking to take away from it, sure.
If we're looking at literal "don't feel right in my own body" transgendered, that's not like being gay where any self loathing stems from cultural norms, that's entirely internal. And if its powerful enough then a person does undergo therapy and even surgery in order to "correct" things so that their mind and body get along. I feel comfortable calling that state of mismatch a "disorder".

And, now this is getting entirely theoretical and more of a talking point then anything else, since the mind is just alterable as the body, isn't it possible that as a mirrored procedure to change the body to be in line with the mind there would be a way to treat the mind to help it be more in line with the body? If, of course, we put aside all of the cultural baggage that comes with our ideas of "mind"

Also why do I get the feeling that my post is somehow going to be construed as insensitive to transgendered people?

Emitan

how about every male is transgendered because you start out as a female in the womb?

HYPOCRITES

i know nothing about biology FYI

mantidor said:
I agree, that's kind of my point. Well, natural and "unnatural" are odd words, there's really nothing "unnatural", as long as it happens in nature. Natural I guess refers more to whether is a disease or not, the word sounds ugly and unfortunately carries stigma, but transgenderism fills all the requirements of a mental disease, or just a plain disease, people's quality of life (or their lives themselves) are in jeopardy if there's no medical intervention.

My example was not actually to endorse the point of view that transgenderism is a mental disorder necessarily, but rather to make the point that there are a lot of things for which we're now able to provide medical solutions which previously we could not. But even if you accept that it is in fact a psychological disorder, doing so without acknowledging that it's psychologists who are proposing this treatment seems... misleading.

I'm a transhumanist, for want of a better word because I know it's associated with a particularly annoying poster here. I firmly believe that our future as a species lies in using technology as a substitute for evolutionary biology.

noah111

Still Alive
icarus-daedelus said:
It's just words, but you really seem to be getting hung up on those words. Is it so hard for you to call someone a she if, by all indication, that is what they likely prefer?
It's just hard to get used to I suppose (don't consider myself 'hung up'), why is it so important that I refer to him as she though, really? Should it even matter as long as I acknowledge his gender orientation?

Honestly though, I stumble through SEXUAL orientation and gender preference, it gets so confusing with all the possible combinations.

I would like it in the future if we referred to each other in a fashion that clearly indicates what you like to fuck with.

Is it possible to identify as a female but still like to tap that vagina? How does that work, if so? OR is it the distinction between your sexual orientation (likes to fuck/get fucked) and gender identification.

jim-jam bongs said:
I'm a transhumanist, for want of a better word because I know it's associated with a particularly annoying poster here. I firmly believe that our future as a species lies in using technology as a substitute for evolutionary biology.
On this topic, I see our future in the same light, except remove technological prowess with biological prowess. Why advance ourselves mechanically if we can do the same biologically?

Self-inflicting evolutionary advancements is something I see as inevitable if we become advanced enough in the field of genetics. Along with this will eventually come a 'sexless' species.

We are starting to divert so much in terms of sexual preference, orientation, gender identification etc etc that in the end I think it'll all be the same.

Explains why the super advanced alien civilizations are all sexless anyway.
that was an i kid moment

Emitan

Reading this thread is making me remember the gender identity problems I had in high school that I honestly haven't really though about until now (which is why they weren't mentioned in my other posts).

:(

Me always playing as a girl in video games is starting to make a lot of sense.

Bel Marduk said:
Yes. I am gay and resent the transgendered piggybacking on our movement. They should really start their own instead of leeching off our hard work.
Bel Marduk said:
Yes. I am gay and resent the transgendered piggybacking on our movement. They should really start their own instead of leeching off our hard work.
Bel Marduk said:
HHAHAHAH OH GOD...Never thought I'd see the day. It's so....PERFECT! LOL

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
MWS Natural said:
If you are talking about gay people being resentful of transgendered people this happens much more often than you might think.

Acerac

Banned
water_wendi said:
If you are talking about gay people being resentful of transgendered people this happens much more often than you might think.
Let me assure you, there are a number of us who find these attitudes disgusting. =/

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Acerac said:
Let me assure you, there are a number of us who find these attitudes disgusting. =/
Oh i know. It most definitely isnt everyone. Its not even a high percentage i think. Its just a very vocal group that from what i can tell feel threatened by trans people.

mantidor

omg.kittens said:
Many people embrace transgender identity without ever getting an operation, or ever wanting to get an operation. This is another reason why it's important to make a distinction between sex and gender. Being transgendered is transitioning from your socially assigned birth gender to a different gender. Being transsexual is changing your body to better suit your gender identity.

Also, I think everyone here should feel welcome to ask questions, especially if they're sincere and not a backhanded attempt at being hurtful. Actually, I think my definitions of transgender and transsexual are probably not quite accurate, and if someone wants to call me out and critique it, then I'm open to it. This is confusing shit for people who were raised in heteronormative culture -- which is pretty much all of us.

Oh Im ok with someone not feeling identified with their biological sex and identify as the opposite, and boys playing with barbies and girls playing with cars, or people dressing up with the clothes of the opposite gender,

I wouldn't call stuff like that a disorder or a problem, it just seems that the transgender community sees SRS or hormone therapy as something secondary to their transitioning, when for me is a huge deal that crosses some kind of line I'm not sure I can identify.

I should also mention that I'm not a fan of any kind of cosmetic surgery, so my threshold is pretty low regarding that, I even find ears pierced in children to be awful.

Acerac

Banned
water_wendi said:
Oh i know. It most definitely isnt everyone. Its not even a high percentage i think. Its just a very vocal group that from what i can tell feel threatened by trans people.
It frustrates me every time I hear it. Honestly I think his were the posts in this thread that upset me the most.

CHEEZMO™ said:
You're gay?
Yup yup. :)

Suairyu

Banned
water_wendi said:
It is the vocal minority. Like most people who believe enough in anything, they are also motivated enough to seize influence and positions of responsibility. In this way, vocal minorities can often act with the damage (either explicit or implicit) of a majority. At the very least, they manage to create an entire atmosphere of "you're not one of us".

Master Milk said:
Instead of going sexless, why not go the other direction and combine all the best parts from both sexes?
Thailand has that niche on lockdown. Sarina Valentina holds the beacon in the West.

edit - CHEEZMO your avatar and your response combine perfectly into creepy deliciousness.

Sentry said:
On this topic, I see our future in the same light, except remove technological prowess with biological prowess. Why advance ourselves mechanically if we can do the same biologically?

Oh definitely, sorry if that wasn't clear. I'm thinking of biological augmentation primarily, but with mechanical/electronic enhancements if required. Obviously it sounds like I've just been playing too much Deus Ex, which is half true, but it was my interest in augmentation and prosthetic technology which lead to me liking the series, not the other way around.

Billychu said:
Reading this thread is making me remember the gender identity problems I had in high school that I honestly haven't really though about until now (which is why they weren't mentioned in my other posts).

:(

Me always playing as a girl in video games is starting to make a lot of sense.

This is not so much directed at you as it is just something your post made me think about, because I did a lot of soul-searching about this, and a lot of other shit, as a teenager. I think that there's a difference between identifying as female while being biologically male, and not feeling connected to the default identity of your gender.

When I was a teenager, I asked myself a lot of questions about gender identity, not because I felt like my identity was feminine like the experiences trans people have shared in this thread, but because I didn't feel that my identity was all that manly. No interest in kicking a leathery egg around. Never bothered to learn to drive because it seemed pointless. Would rather join the choir and debating team than the cadet corps. Was into girls but found the idea of telling everyone about how you fingered them tacky.

As the years progressed, I was also lucky enough to meet a few trans people who I could discuss identity with. I live in Sydney, Australia, so there's no shortage of gay, lesbian and trans people here. It helped me to understand that what I was reacting to was being different to the expectation, not being the same as another expectation, if you catch my drift.

Gaborn

water_wendi said:

Indeed. Transphobia can occur anywhere, just like any other prejudice.

Acerac

Banned
CHEEZMO™ said:
Well that's the first time I've received that reply upon coming out.

Umm...

I suppose this thread has gone from frustrating to awkward for me. That's an improvement, right? :D

MWS Natural said:
srsly, I had a "not sure if trolling" vibe from it. because, y'know, blacks talking about gays piggybacking on their movement and all.

noah111

Still Alive
Master Milk said:
Instead of going sexless, why not go the other direction and combine all the best parts from both sexes?
I think going sexless is more likely with our cold a grim future, but the other way around... 70s style.

In fact, I wouldn't mind getting fucked. :lol Not anally, but the feeling some girlfriends have given me of the feeling of 'being filled' upon penetration, I mean come on that sounds good to me.

Platy

I have to say ... loved the bloodbath =x

ScOULaris said:
I realize that, but it doesn't change the fact that "gender" is a physio-biological attribute. As humans, we attach all sorts of importance to the concept of "gender" beyond the biological aspect, but I still don't understand why parents would take it so far as to block hormones in their child because he/she "identifies" with the opposite sex. In an open-minded family such as that, wouldn't they be willing to just have a feminine son or masculine daughter? Why is the physical transformation needed at all?

Van Owen said:
Sorry, but I think giving a child drugs this early that can cause potential health problems when there are no physical ailments can be considered abusive. Maybe others shouldn't be so sensitive to any opinion that isn't inline with their own.

Saying this is abusive is not condemning every transgendered person or a bigoted response.

By the LOVE OF ANY DEITY YOU PEOPLE BELIEVE

THIS IS NOT THE CHILD'S DECISION
THIS IS NOT THE PARENTS' DECISION

This is a GROUP OF SPECIALISTS from diferent fields working togheter to FOLOW THE STANDARD PROCEDURES of cases like this set in 2008 (Gaborn linked about that in the first pages) ...and IF THEY AGREE that this is NOT a child "being a child", THEM they will let or not the child do what she (or he, if they deny) wants.

Lots of doctors looking at what are in stakes.

THE KID ALREADY MADE HER DECISION at age 3 and keeps with it for FOUR YEARS.
again,
THIS IS NOT THE CHILD'S DECISION

The perfect title would be a boring "Kid has a problem, doctos do standard procedures" =P

Volimar said:
The only thing that does give me pause is that if he continues to identify as female, he'll have a hard time socializing in school later. I'm sure his parents are simply trying to spare him the pain of trying to conform or being a pariah, something that as former gay teens themselves, they can sympathize with.

No, they are trying to spare her from having an irreversible skeleton structure of a man, facial hair, deep voice and all the other lovely things that would lead her into the lovely years of living nightmare puberty =D
.....AND the pain trying to conform and the bullying that comes with it as the cherry on top

Kalnos

Banned
water_wendi said:

He's comparing that phrase to how people talk about The Civil Rights Movement.

Cheech

I don't think it's child abuse necessarily, but they're playing with fire. Hormones do more than determine sex traits, I would be concerned about other potential negative ramifications.

The parents are balancing these potential problems against the possibility the child will do something drastic (the 'genital mutilation' question at 7 is troublesome).

As a parent, if I'm put in this position, I just love the child as much as I can and don't do the hormones. You gotta do what is in their best interest, and in this specific case I'm going to trust his body's hormones over artificially suppressing them. When he turns 18, if he wants to become a she, I would support his decision 110%. In the meantime, keep the lines of communication open to make sure everything is going well at school and with friends (it's tough for kids who are hard of hearing like this one is, but doable).

This isn't just a matter of "hey, I won't give my kid polio vaccine, it might cause issues!" hysteria. I am just not willing to play with my kids' health like that. Making decisions for them to promote a long life trump any kind of gender or sexual orientation issues.

Sentry said:
I think going sexless is more likely with our cold a grim future, but the other way around... 70s style.

In fact, I wouldn't mind getting fucked. :lol Not anally, but the feeling some girlfriends have given me of the feeling of 'being filled' upon penetration, I mean come on that sounds good to me.
I'm not seeing it, personally. People like sex, and sexless doesn't seem like something you willing choose if you like sex. Plus, in the future, the transfetish will be even more widespread than it is now.

KHarvey16

mantidor said:
I doubt I even came close to saying that.

You said it right here:

mantidor said:
is a terrible situation that unfortunately can only be treated with irreversible surgery for now, but a "healthier" treatment would be for the patient to accept his or her own (otherwise) healthy body.

Wouldn't that essentially be telling them to get over it?

FoneBone

water_wendi said:
I don't think that's what MWS Natural was getting at at all. :-/

Cheech

KHarvey16 said:
Wouldn't that essentially be telling them to get over it?

I would add at the end "...for now".

There is just too much going on in the body of a kid that young to make it worth the risk, IMO. Once the kid is 18 (or even 16/17, depending on what the Drs. say) and their brain, nervous, circulatory, etc. systems are more or less fully grown, THEN I would sign off on it.

Gvaz

Banned
Cheech said:
I would add at the end "...for now".

There is just too much going on in the body of a kid that young to make it worth the risk, IMO. Once the kid is 18 (or even 16/17, depending on what the Drs. say) and their brain, nervous, circulatory, etc. systems are more or less fully grown, THEN I would sign off on it.
-_- but that defeats the purpose because by the time you're out of puberty it's that much harder to transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom