• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

clarky

Gold Member
Guys one question I participated in the beta but didn't got the rewards and I'm level 4 what happened with my rewards and my ranking in the beta ?
Depends on what level you hit in the beta. Did you max out? if so they are all there, xp and respective skins are where they should be.

Only half way through this on veteran and it’s been a breeze overall. Unless this significantly changes in the second half of the game, there’s been no Call of Duty game since the PS4/XO gen which has been hard on veteran. Long gone are the days where it was an insane challenge at times.

It depends how you felt regular difficulty was. Most missions were not bad at all, but that tank part I died 20 times on normal difficulty so I doubt it will be any better on veteran. It's too random and even on normal when he shoots at you, he gets you down to minimum health. Not to mention 4 gunners coming at you as soon as you damage the tank once, and you gotta do that 3 times. Also last level has a shit ton of armored guys which ill see how it goes since they one shot kill you with their shotguns and there is a huge gunfight inside the building. "Alone" wasn't so bad as long as you get lucky with their pathway.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Oh you can? I heard you could only do it on PS5 so I didn't even bother looking. Thanks!
You can disable cross play in the Xbox system settings problem with that is not a lot of people even know about this so the amount of people with this same setting is pretty low as it can take awhile to find matches at times

Meanwhile on PS5 its in game menu setting and it can find games instantly

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

i wondered why people knew exactly where i was with ghost on. perk is worthless..

slowly but surely this game is kinda bugging me who came up with some of these weird decisions. just like how we unlock all these attachments but if you want certain attachments on your gun it makes ADS time terrible.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

i wondered why people knew exactly where i was with ghost on. perk is worthless..

slowly but surely this game is kinda bugging me who came up with some of these weird decisions. just like how we unlock all these attachments but if you want certain attachments on your gun it makes ADS time terrible.

Pretty sure this was a bug that popped up in Vanguard for a few days but it was patched and fixed so hoping this is just another bug

If working as intended, then ghost should be a base perk

Matt_Fox

It depends how you felt regular difficulty was. Most missions were not bad at all, but that tank part I died 20 times on normal difficulty so I doubt it will be any better on veteran. It's too random and even on normal when he shoots at you, he gets you down to minimum health. Not to mention 4 gunners coming at you as soon as you damage the tank once, and you gotta do that 3 times. Also last level has a shit ton of armored guys which ill see how it goes since they one shot kill you with their shotguns and there is a huge gunfight inside the building. "Alone" wasn't so bad as long as you get lucky with their pathway.

The tank section I used the upstairs of the buildings and threw the bombs on the tank from above, made it pretty easy.

The tank section I used the upstairs of the buildings and threw the bombs on the tank from above, made it pretty easy.

I mean I did too but still those single barely shots while running towards the next C4 as well as guys ganging up on you and spreading out around you made it difficult. Did you finish it on Veteran?

just like how we unlock all these attachments but if you want certain attachments on your gun it makes ADS time terrible.
It was a weird choice by them. On one hand you don't want to run attachments at all sometimes as your ADS gets so bad in heated games. Next why in the hell did they even make these attachments as nobody will use them. And finally maybe it's smart because the meta for these guns have gotten to the point everyone uses the same attachments.

I think it's dumb.

Matt_Fox

I mean I did too but still those single barely shots while running towards the next C4 as well as guys ganging up on you and spreading out around you made it difficult. Did you finish it on Veteran?

I did it on normal (I have gone back and replayed a few of my fave levels on veteran - but that wasnt one of them!)

Loved the campaign , but I think I'm too old for this multilayer, it's literally the same exact thing with a different skin, same weapons same everything like the first 3 modern warfare games

Rossco EZ

It was a weird choice by them. On one hand you don't want to run attachments at all sometimes as your ADS gets so bad in heated games. Next why in the hell did they even make these attachments as nobody will use them. And finally maybe it's smart because the meta for these guns have gotten to the point everyone uses the same attachments.

I think it's dumb.
some things i can understand like having a longer barrel on your gun makes it slower to raise etc but for things like grips and a simple red dot sight to add a ADS penalty for those is really dumb imo.

Emedan

some things i can understand like having a longer barrel on your gun makes it slower to raise etc but for things like grips and a simple red dot sight to add a ADS penalty for those is really dumb imo.
Actually the ADS penalty for grips and optical sights are even dumber than it might first seem for the uninitiated. I spent 1 year in compulsory military service and 1 year on contract, Aimdots and other modern optical sights are there to REDUCE the time to get to aim accurately, so yeah mega dumb...

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
I feel like a fake gamer but I've almost exclusively been playing this game in the third person mode, it's just so bloody fun! Most fun I've had in years on COD.

Rossco EZ

The quick scoping clips I have been seeing are just insane and honestly thats broken as fuck, and I mainly hate it because I could never master it :)
yup don’t get me wrong it’s insane to see clips like this but absolutely right it’s broken. when i was 13-14 when the original MW2 came out i’d quick scope but never as good/crazy as this haha :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Rossco EZ

some builds i’m using if anyone is interested..

YznOaOh.jpg

4NvPa70.jpg

E5r88yf.jpg

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I feel like a fake gamer but I've almost exclusively been playing this game in the third person mode, it's just so bloody fun! Most fun I've had in years on COD.

I think less tryhards like me are playing third person mode, so its probably the more fun casual environment right now lol

I am sure Warzone 2 will get a third person mode too, just like PUBG.

Knightime_X

It's ok.

It's still no MW2 though.
Not by a LOOOOOONG shot.

- lacking more small maps
- no noob tubes
- No shotguns or fun secondary weapons like those on mw2
* Need to waste a perk to make a shotgun secondary
** Shotguns are super shit
- Perks are boring and nerfed all to hell
- Maps are heavily convoluted. Some buildings have 2 doors on the same wall within 15 feet of each other. lmao really??
- Guns have dumb requirements now. For gun A to even unlock you need to level up Gun B, but Gun B requires you to be level X.
* Some guns require you to level up a completely different class of guns altogether.
- Players seem to spawn close behind you more often now. (feels like it)

Rossco EZ

these are the photos i wanted to post the other day, sometimes after finishing a game i will cancel matchmaking so i can go mess around with weapons or to see what i’ve unlocked etc. what ends up happening though is i’ll go to my loadout section and my loadouts aren’t there and i have guns with attachments on i have never used or even levelled up yet. it’s almost as if someone else’s guns show for me? what makes it weirder is all the guns have a price and so do attachments.
6Os4vFU.jpg

rojetMZ.jpg

splattered

So many freakin PC cheaters on today, i've taken some quick video clips of some... instant aiming that's darting immediately from person to person. Called them out in game chat post game and they never say anything. FUCK cheaters.

Gerdav

Yes I maxed out 30 was the level cap if I remember correct
I also didn’t get any of the unlocks from the beta, I maxed out at level 30 too, but after the beta ended the email with my beta stats was showing that I only reached around level 23/24, which is why I presume I got none of the unlocks .

Certinty

I see what you mean. I just completed my first run on veteran and the tank part is right up there with the worst Call of Duty moments on veteran. Got to the point where I was just running for C4 and throwing and detonating it in hope ignoring enemies on foot and constantly retrying until I hit checkpoints. Thought the rest of the game was easy enough though.

Certinty

Not that many people play this for the campaign but I must say that was the best Call of Duty campaign in years, probably since Infinite Warfare and definitely my favourite FPS campaign this gen.

Completely washed away the disappointment of 2019 Modern Warfare’s campaign. They really improved on the characters we all liked from the original games with a story which was pretty simple but entertaining in all honesty.

Great variety with the missions in location and gameplay. The only issue was a tank boss battle which didn’t fit the rest of the game but whatever, it’s a minor thing.

Hopefully more people give it a go as it’s one of the more fun single player experiences I’ve had in a while.

Emedan

So many freakin PC cheaters on today, i've taken some quick video clips of some... instant aiming that's darting immediately from person to person. Called them out in game chat post game and they never say anything. FUCK cheaters.
Yeah I noticed some too during cross play, not only am I handicapped against a mouse and keyboard, the assholes are using aimbot too :messenger_tears_of_joy:

splattered

They're just laughing at another bad crying hax.

Fast target switching is hardly an uncommon thing among good PC players.

No. Instantly switching from enemy to enemy is not "good pc players" although the speed at which they can 180 with the mouse is crazy. Not what i'm talking about.

Rossco EZ

No. Instantly switching from enemy to enemy is not "good pc players" although the speed at which they can 180 with the mouse is crazy. Not what i'm talking about.
i turned crossplay off a few hours ago just to see if i came across less snipers in matches and barely come across them now in normal multiplayer. can’t speak for invasion/ground war as haven’t tried those since turning it off.

Sub_Level

i turned crossplay off a few hours ago just to see if i came across less snipers in matches and barely come across them now in normal multiplayer. can’t speak for invasion/ground war as haven’t tried those since turning it off.

Hacking aside I think snipers aren’t as common because its the last category of weapons. Most people are Gold’ing ARs first. Folks won’t get around to snipers until thanksgiving lol

Worth noting that many non-snipers have glint. So folks are probably encountering less snipers than they think.

splattered

I just flash banged a sniper from a fair distance and he still one shot killed me, i watched his kill cam.. his entire screen went full white and he still auto aim sniped me. Fucking hate snipers in this game right now.

Sub_Level

I just flash banged a sniper from a fair distance and he still one shot killed me, i watched his kill cam.. his entire screen went full white and he still auto aim sniped me. Fucking hate snipers in this game right now.

If he sniped you from afar there is no auto aim. He was either hacking or got lucky. I will often shoot full-auto when flashed to see if I get somebody lol

Top Bottom