• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

Rossco EZ

gonna try post some screenshots in a minute if it lets me upload them
but idk what is going on with my game right now.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
gonna try post some screenshots in a minute if it lets me upload them
but idk what is going on with my game right now.
why does the upload image thing on here never work
Staring Ice Cube GIF

Mattyp

Gold Member
We need the season quicker. Shit gets to level 55 way to quickly.

Have they announced what map we get first?

GladiusFrog

Ayo, Spec-ops mode is actually pretty fun when you have someone like-minded who uses their mic.

Really good way to level up some of the games weapons. Also I just discovered pistols have a fast-aim attachment and you can just pull your pistol out while holding your rifle in the other hand... love this kind of stuff.

Chronicle

Having fun with the game. Wish I could get more kill streaks but I'm getting kills at least. Starting yo see a lot of a certain one shot kill weapon. Not sure what it is but I'm sure it could ruin the game. I always say snipers ruin games. They just abuse the auto aim assist and call it skill. They need to add weight to sniper rifles. A shot from sn assault rifle will one shot you just the same in real life. I don't like that snipers can run and gun. It's stupid and always has been.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Hope you all are having a fine Saturday. Got a couple updates:

1. We're getting free shit because reasons.

2. We have the first episode of MW'22 Mythbusters.

Having fun with the game. Wish I could get more kill streaks but I'm getting kills at least. Starting yo see a lot of a certain one shot kill weapon. Not sure what it is but I'm sure it could ruin the game. I always say snipers ruin games. They just abuse the auto aim assist and call it skill. They need to add weight to sniper rifles. A shot from sn assault rifle will one shot you just the same in real life. I don't like that snipers can run and gun. It's stupid and always has been.

Have you tried scorestreaks? You can toggle it in the killstreak screen.

P.S. Leveling the SO-14 now. I heard bad things about it but its fine? Full auto for indoors, single fire for outdoors. Works pretty well. You just have to compensate for recoil a little bit on full auto but its a one shot kill in the head. For a magazine with 20 rounds thats plenty…

Last edited:

Salz01

How are people seeing and equipping calling cards and emblems? Is it only done from mobile? On console it’s just the campaign calling card and rainbow trout flags….

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

How are people seeing and equipping calling cards and emblems? Is it only done from mobile? On console it’s just the campaign calling card and rainbow trout flags….
press start at menu and go all the way to the right you’ll see a option to change your showcase which has emblems and calling cards in etc

Salz01

press start at menu and go all the way to the right you’ll see a option to change your showcase which has emblems and calling cards in etc
I see that, but it only has limited ones. I noticed others via the kill cam, have different ones they either unlocked or purchased some how.

Rossco EZ

I see that, but it only has limited ones. I noticed others via the kill cam, have different ones they either unlocked or purchased some how.
you get them for doing things in multiplayer. there’s some you unlock when playing the campaign and also some for doing spec ops missions. i killed someone with a knife and got a knife calling card, i also have one for a kill streak too a think. just play and you should unlock some eventually

VN1X

Banned
I am so so glad I didn't jump on the FOMO bandwagon this year. 70eu for this ridiculous at the moment. I'm an Arena/Multiplayer guy and the maps I've seen all look like they've just been lifted out from the Warzone offering.

Perhaps once they've put in old-school maps I'll give it another look but no way in hell I'm ever paying full price for a CoD ever again lol.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Does anyone have footage of what it looks like when an enemy is effected by a ddos field upgrade ?

Pakoe

Try switching to scorestreaks, that might help get higher streaks.

Reactions: Isa

Freeman76

I am so so glad I didn't jump on the FOMO bandwagon this year. 70eu for this ridiculous at the moment. I'm an Arena/Multiplayer guy and the maps I've seen all look like they've just been lifted out from the Warzone offering.

Perhaps once they've put in old-school maps I'll give it another look but no way in hell I'm ever paying full price for a CoD ever again lol.

Im.gutted i fell for the hype. This is the worst COD ive played, its a half arsed wankfest. The forced crossplay with PC is just the icing on the cake. After 100 years running you would think they could put a decent game out by now.

SkylineRKR

Almost gold M16 and I usually love burst weapons but I have struggled with finishing this camo grind.

Things can melt someone close but I struggle medium to longer ranges with winning fights

I am maxing the M16 and at base it was absolutely horrible, but I specced on recoil and accuracy and its a little bit better now. Its for sure that the M16 isn't the beast it once was in MW1. For longer range, a scope helped for me. You do need headshots though.

Rossco EZ

levelling shotguns is annoying af everyone is fighting mid/long range and i can’t get close unless i camp which isn’t my style :messenger_expressionless:

Sub_Level

Whatever works for you man. This is the best money I’ve spent on a game since MW2019. There will still be a massive ton of people playing when you decide to jump on board :)

Boneless

Installed 526.61 today, the flickering is definitely gone but unfortunately just had a freeze + 0x800 crash again just now.

VN1X

Banned
Im.gutted i fell for the hype. This is the worst COD ive played, its a half arsed wankfest. The forced crossplay with PC is just the icing on the cake. After 100 years running you would think they could put a decent game out by now.
It's one of those games where I just love watching streamers play this and rejoice in their utter despair. It really is a depressing experience from what I've seen. Very much a cynical offering; just no justifying its price.

Doc only perseveres with this so he has his weapon ranked up for the 'main event' lol. It's just such a shame that standard multiplayer is relegated as an afterthought now. I mean I can't blame them as Warzone obviously brings in the big bucks but I really hope we'll get a proper multiplayer focused CoD in the next few years so I can get my pew pew on.

Emedan

First COD MP I've played since the OG MW2 in 09 and I'm doing better at MP than I thought I would. Though I absolutely hate being put in lobbies with Mouse players, why can't I change that? I feel cheated every time that happens. I'm currently rank 34 after 2 sessions and It's rather fun I gotta be honest (as long as you're not getting cheap shotted by mouse players). I got a 3 K/D in a match with a team full of 55s (those guys had to have sucked ass) and I think I've only gotten under 1.0 maybe two times during all the matches I've played - though where's the total score card on the profile?

Also see problems where I don't see progression at the end of matches. Sometimes I have no idea how far I've progressed.

Overall, enjoyed the campaign (I played MW 19 few weeks ago) and I think they've casted Price perfectly, I didn't even realize it wasn't the same actor until I looked it up. So overall, COD beat BF big time this year.

splattered

I'm trying to level the M16 right now just for the heck of it as it's the only 3-burst in the game at the moment.. and i'm having an AWFUL time. Do people actually like this gun? I lose almost every firefight i hate it. The ADS feels super slow and the 3 rate burst also feels super slow with no stopping power. Unless i get head shots this gun just doesn't kill, esp in close quarters. Run around the corner and get surprised by an enemy? I'm dead. Get in a mid or long range firefight with someone and don't score a headshot? I'm dead. Yeesh.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
It's one of those games where I just love watching streamers play this and rejoice in their utter despair. It really is a depressing experience from what I've seen. Very much a cynical offering; just no justifying its price.

Doc only perseveres with this so he has his weapon ranked up for the 'main event' lol. It's just such a shame that standard multiplayer is relegated as an afterthought now. I mean I can't blame them as Warzone obviously brings in the big bucks but I really hope we'll get a proper multiplayer focused CoD in the next few years so I can get my pew pew on.
Dunno how you can form an opinion by watching losers stream and moan about a game.

Personally me and my group love it. Then amount of content in this is insane. Are there "missing" features that youd expect fronm a COD? Yes, but theres also a hell of a lot of good here. After a weeks play i think its the best COD in years and itll only get better over time

GenericUser

First COD MP I've played since the OG MW2 in 09 and I'm doing better at MP than I thought I would. Though I absolutely hate being put in lobbies with Mouse players, why can't I change that? I feel cheated every time that happens. I'm currently rank 34 after 2 sessions and It's rather fun I gotta be honest (as long as you're not getting cheap shotted by mouse players). I got a 3 K/D in a match with a team full of 55s (those guys had to have sucked ass) and I think I've only gotten under 1.0 maybe two times during all the matches I've played - though where's the total score card on the profile?

Also see problems where I don't see progression at the end of matches. Sometimes I have no idea how far I've progressed.

Overall, enjoyed the campaign (I played MW 19 few weeks ago) and I think they've casted Price perfectly, I didn't even realize it wasn't the same actor until I looked it up. So overall, COD beat BF big time this year.
You can deactivate Crossplay in the privacy system settings of your Xbox.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

The P90 is goated. MP7 and Bizon are good too, smgs are crazy.

I'm trying to level the M16 right now just for the heck of it as it's the only 3-burst in the game at the moment.. and i'm having an AWFUL time. Do people actually like this gun? I lose almost every firefight i hate it. The ADS feels super slow and the 3 rate burst also feels super slow with no stopping power. Unless i get head shots this gun just doesn't kill, esp in close quarters. Run around the corner and get surprised by an enemy? I'm dead. Get in a mid or long range firefight with someone and don't score a headshot? I'm dead. Yeesh.

Haven’t gotten around to leveling it yet but I picked it up from a dead guy once cuz I ran out of ammo and went on a 5-killstreak. Seemed solid and killed in one burst each time but I’ll see when I get there. Sniper is the only category I don’t like so far, but I’ve never liked em :p

VN1X

Banned
Dunno how you can form an opinion by watching losers stream and moan about a game.

Personally me and my group love it. Then amount of content in this is insane. Are there "missing" features that youd expect fronm a COD? Yes, but theres also a hell of a lot of good here. After a weeks play i think its the best COD in years and itll only get better over time
I'm a huge CoD stan (played the original in competitive ladders even) but it's not exactly hard to see this year's multiplayer offering being barebones and whack as hell. I played the beta and watch 'losers' like Doc, Timmy and others suffer through it and it's all just so dreadful. Spawn, run, die. Spawn, run die. Spawn, Kill, die. Rinse & repeat. Visibility is getting worse every year as well it seems, what with all the added VFX and shoddy lighting (seriously that one map at dusk or whatever might as well be one of those test maps they make for Source maps lol, it's all just one orange mess).

Not sure if I can stomach another year (or longer) of having to play in a bloody tournament setting every time I load up the game but without the actual tournament prize money as a reward lol. I will stick to Shatterline for now, where there's no SBMM btw and the maps are actually solid.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
This last patch has been a huge help.

Seems my FPS went down by 20, but I’m no longer crashing or blue screen of desthing my PC.

Plus I can finally have my showcase operator save along with emblems etc.

Super happy. Can’t wait for ranked to drop. I have 0 interest in battle royales anymore as they are too slow for me to care about. I would try it if they do a third person variant though.

Freeman76

The fact they remastered 3 old MW2 maps and put them in Warzone instead of the main game says it all.

What in the world are you talking about? MP is an afterthought? Theres like 20 maps, its even listed above the campaign for the very first time. You are watching some over the top streamer that makes money by having reactions for his 12yr old fans, fume and scream and that's how you thought its bad MP? HAHAHA. Get real man, if you don't like the game that's fine but stop BSing how you are waiting for a "proper" MP COD. What the fuck does that even mean, ever since COD 2 it was MP focused. GTFO here with that noise.

Last edited:
At first I thought VETERAN on MW2 is just going to be too annoying/hard after seeing how the maps play out on regular difficulty but slowly but surely Im almost done. Got 2 last missions left and I dunno what's gonna happen with that tank part on veteran. Oh boy...

DonJimbo

Guys one question I participated in the beta but didn't got the rewards and I'm level 4 what happened with my rewards and my ranking in the beta ?

Certinty

At first I thought VETERAN on MW2 is just going to be too annoying/hard after seeing how the maps play out on regular difficulty but slowly but surely Im almost done. Got 2 last missions left and I dunno what's gonna happen with that tank part on veteran. Oh boy...
Only half way through this on veteran and it’s been a breeze overall. Unless this significantly changes in the second half of the game, there’s been no Call of Duty game since the PS4/XO gen which has been hard on veteran. Long gone are the days where it was an insane challenge at times.

LostDonkey

I was loving the game until I got to the sneaking and crafting......throwing bottles.....

Eurgh...

Gave up on the campaign because of that.

Is this MW or TLOU????

VN1X

Banned
What in the world are you talking about? MP is an afterthought? Theres like 20 maps, its even listed above the campaign for the very first time. You are watching some over the top streamer that makes money by having reactions for his 12yr old fans, fume and scream and that's how you thought its bad MP? HAHAHA. Get real man, if you don't like the game that's fine but stop BSing how you are waiting for a "proper" MP COD. What the fuck does that even mean, ever since COD 2 it was MP focused. GTFO here with that noise.
Guess I touched a nerve, oof.

Where did I say that you're wrong for liking it? I'm sure there's plenty to enjoy as well. I played the beta (and pretty much every every CoD since its inception to boot) and it just didn't captivate me whatsoever. I'd go so far as to say that MW2022 only exasperate the issues I had with 2019's outing. These recent entries as a whole just don't tick any of the boxes anymore that made me love this franchise to begin with. The visuals nowadays are outstanding, the animations are all top notch as well, etc. Technically it's second-to-none to be sure but I've come to realize that it's not what I want from CoD. Give me fast arcadey shenanigans where no superfluous elements get in the way of things. Give me bog standard 3-lane map design without having to take into account 10 different sight lines when you burst out of a door lol. The amount of crutches built into the maps these days is astonishing really. I don't mind being, somewhat, forced to be on the move all the time but to then have to check multiple angles in every room is tiresome and just increases the luck factor for everyone involved. It certainly doesn't cultivate smart play or make players better. There's loads of other problems I have with modern CoD (killstreaks, grenade mechanics, etc) but map design is where these recent titles quickly fall of a cliff. I mean there's that one border crossing map that literally looks like it's just been lifted wholesale from WZ. Add to that the awful spawn system and you've got yourself a recipe for a bad experience to say the least (I've seen multiple instances of people literally spawning in front of enemy players which is mental for a franchise this old).

SBMM being removed would obviously already be a huge plus improvement and if they get rid of the disbanding lobbies (although this is a much bigger issue with modern gaming as a whole) I'd be much more inclined to jump on board again. But like I mentioned before: I'm not saying that you can't enjoy the game or you're wrong for liking it. I simply have some issues with it and popped in to see what the general consensus on GAF was so far (although I shouldn't be surprised to see the "CoD Cycle" in full effect lol). However if your ego gets this hurt when someone brings up some negative points about a vidyagaem you like then I'm not sure an enthusiast forum is for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom