• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAPCOM CUP 2016 | Fighting Game Tournament | Dec 2-3 | WHENS MAHVEL?

shaowebb

For fucks sake shutup with the commentators talking about the fights and GET TO THEM. Its late as fuck for most of us waiting for Marvel, and its killing momentum for both the stream and the damned players.

pixelish

For fucks sake shutup with the commentators talking about the fights and GET TO THEM. Its late as fuck for most of us waiting for Marvel, and its killing momentum for both the stream and the damned players.
rude

with this break, i really hope they fix the audio issues

Boke1879

Honestly you're better off going to sleep now.

If this was Hypespotting the tournament would be over by now and we'd be at the pub quiz. Or the pub.

These esports tournaments are gonna kill the FGC I swear

At least I have Floe to keep me company

It's rare I see you salty like this.

I'm at work, so I guess I'm thankfully not watching the stream right now. I'm just keeping tabs here and on the Challonge bracket.

.la1n

David/James missing for top 8 so far is destroying my enjoyment of Capcom Cip this year. Unfortunate production choice.

Yeah because you wouldn't be able to watch the gameplay tomorrow.

I doubt the players mind the break, competing at that level is mentally exhausting.

shaowebb

If a player put on this kind of stall it'd be a shitstorm. Whatever is goin on had better be massive technically or something because this is murder to players and stream viewers.

I was just physically at the tourney, and I gotta say the long waits inbetween matches really killed the vibe. Watching the rest streaming from my phone because I have other plans tonight. Wish i could be there for the mvc hype but its all good. Hopefully next capcom tourney is run a little tighter.

jwhit28

I guess everyone is so used to seeing organizers frantically trying to keep things on schedule that dead periods feel that much longer. Esports still have a long way to go to catch up to the padding of real sports.

What do you mean Kazu is the only other guy? Not that he won't win the whole thing, but others have done better than him this year. A lot of people have.

I mean in this tournament. The people in Top 8 know how to play SFV. Other people either know how to play it with glaring flaws or just can't switch to both offense and defense at the flick of the switch. It's exactly why Fuudo lost.

Kaz can do that, and so can Du, while both keep that shit smart. Hai seems like he can't do it as fast and Ricki has trouble keeping up for three matches, even when she's able to clutch it.

That isn't to say other people are ass, but dudes like Inflitration tried to play one single way, saw that style wasn't working out, and thought they could power through. Others like Tokido got bopped because they didn't know what to do against certain characters.

I think there's a huge problem with people trying to play the game at one extreme and losing because they aren't able to change the pacing up

Top Bottom