• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Cup 2018: Prize Pool, Schedule, and How To Watch [dec. 14th-16th]

Justin Woooooooooooooooooong

hH4xdA1.jpg

Hobbesian

Banned
Wong needs to stop abusing standing Fierce so much on the ground if he wants a chance at winning this. That's where Fuji is getting in.

Last edited:
I actually really love Xian and Momochi alot...I don't know who to cheer for in this fight

EDIT: That was painful...only because I like both players so much.

That's a wrap for Zeku in this tournament

Last edited:

mekes

Level of play is bonkers in Capcom Cup as always. Really fun to watch, even if I’m not a fan of most of the higher tier characters in AE.

Itabashi tied it up! You gotta love that maniacal grin

EDIT: Amazing! Amazing....I've never seen Abigail work so hard! But Itazan put in all that effort with a smile the whole time

Last edited:

Hobbesian

Banned
Another high-profile comeback from 2 down.

Justin really needs to re-evaluate his st Fierce usage. That’s what cost him the tournament

RAKn40t.jpg

Yeah Xian ties it up! Let's GO!

EDIT: YEAH HE WON!!!! YAY XIAN!!!!

Excellent play all tournament by Bonchan, well played sir. You almost had Gachikun back there.

Last edited:
In that particular instance, the Abigail really earned it. So hard to get in!
Indeed. People complain about Abigail, but some of the optimal things he does definitely isn't as easy as some other characters. His double backhand is constantly dropped, and things like fitting a stomp in during his EX Run really takes some practice. Kool Kid does that the best as far as I've seen, though he might not be the best Abigail.

A fan of Xian, but damn, that Vtrigger has saved him so many times.

I'm a big fan of Xian since way back. He plays Ibuki the way everyone kind of came to understand the character initially. As a character who is not a well rounded but instead dependent on v-trigger mix-ups to be viable. It's only Fujimura that makes Ibuki seem like she has all the tools to handle every situation. That guy is really something else. Give him one kunai and half a bar and he can macgyver his way out of any problem.

Ugh...Gachikun grand finals... tbh I don't like Rashid
He really does seem like a marvel character disguised as a Street fighter character. Then again, a lot of SFV breaks the mold of what SF is. That's part of the reason the series is loved so much, and why each iteration is still valuable, unlike other fighters.

Last edited:
He really does seem like a marvel character disguised as a Street fighter character. Then again, a lot of SFV breaks the mold of what SF is. That's part of the reason the series is loved so much, and why each iteration is still valuable, unlike other fighters.

Yeah, dat wind is too turbulent.

Xian so clutch! Bring it back!

Top Bottom