• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chick-fil-A testing Family Style Meals and new sides

entremet

they got you on payroll or sumn?

It's not even an accurate critique of CFA. To be fair, they did some terrible stuff, but denying paying customer meals on bigotry is not one of them.

I have no problem with people boycotting them for life for their past deeds, but be fair with the criticism.

Deepwater

It's not even an accurate critique of CFA. To be fair, they did some terrible stuff, but denying paying customer meals on bigotry is not one of them.

I have no problem with people boycotting them for life for their past deeds, but be fair with the criticism.

pretty sure dude was making a joke but lots of people reacted like the cashiers and line cooks were getting painted out to be bigots.

mackattk

CFA is still pretty good.

That being said (like a lot of places) their prices have slowly edged up to where I'm like ehhh.

You're paying like $8 now for a combo with tax, and the food portion isn't exactly large.

I'm not surprised you only get 30 nuggets for $29.99.

Edit: Poster above on point with size. Shit is all over the place in terms of quality control.

Alright bro. I will let you in on a secret. If you have a coupon for a free chicken sandwich, from a coupon or if you get lucky with a chicken ball receipt, where they give you a free chicken for a survey...

Fucking kids meals man. 4-ct kids meal, fruit cup, and you can upsize your drink to a large or wahtever... do that, use the free entree coupon. and then you have the kids toy to turn in for a kids size ice cream cone... Under $5. You can get fries instead of a fruit cup if you want, but I get the fruit cup because there isn't an upcharge on the kids meals like they do on the adult size combos.

CFA coupons don't come around too easily, but they are out there. Through the CFA one app, or local promotions like school coupon books or whatever.

I worked there for many years in my youth. Got questions, ask. Better than the alternative.

Ask for it. They can do it if their lunch chicken is ready to go.

I know I can ask for it, but when I stop by CFA it would be before I go to work like at 7 am in the morning... Don't have time to wait for them to cook up a lunch sized portion of chicken.

bigkrev

Agree, 30 isnt nearly enough.

I could do 20 McDonalds by myself if I wanted to or could split 10 with someone. These are alot smaller.

What math are they using where 30 is split evenly among a family? 40 would at least make sense.

Looks like thier kids menu sizes are 4 nuggets and 6 nuggets, and the adult sizes are 8 and 12.

12 for Dad
8 for Mom
6 for the Son
4 for the Daughter

Just as god intended!

Crimbo

I've never had a bad chick-fil-a experience, food or employee wise.

Here at the University of Oklahoma they have a regular restaurant in the union and in one of the cafeterias they have ALL YOU CAN EAT chick-fil-a. It's glorious.
Shame about the issues with corporate/higher ups, but I'm not going to pass up this delicious chicken.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Wondering what's worse. To be Chick-fil-A, where whenever someone brings you up, someone will chime in about homophobia. Or. To be Taco Bell, where whenever someone brings you up, someone will chime in about having the runs.

Deepwater

Doesn't seem like he was joking. Saying its factual that they discriminate you at the stores themselves

its a fact that the company ownership doesn't like LGBT folk

nobody ever proposed that they seriously discriminate at the counter. Come on guys. I know text and tone is hard to discern but I think yall are off base with this one

No, but CFA is the GOAT of fast food.

You know whats weird? I actually don't think the breading on their chicken is the real MVP. Their nuggets have the same breading as the chicken on their sandwich, but their nuggets are just "ok" while their sandwich is #AmAzInG. The real MVP may be their buns and pickles

E92 M3

You know whats weird? I actually don't think the breading on their chicken is the real MVP. Their nuggets have the same breading as the chicken on their sandwich, but their nuggets are just "ok" while their sandwich is #AmAzInG. The real MVP may be their buns and pickles

I always ask for extra pickles. Try it next time you go.

Quonny

They use pickle juice in their marinade. That's the secret. It really makes the whole thing just a little more 'pickley' and delicious.

Alright bro. I will let you in on a secret. If you have a coupon for a free chicken sandwich, from a coupon or if you get lucky with a chicken ball receipt, where they give you a free chicken for a survey...

Fucking kids meals man. 4-ct kids meal, fruit cup, and you can upsize your drink to a large or wahtever... do that, use the free entree coupon. and then you have the kids toy to turn in for a kids size ice cream cone... Under $5. You can get fries instead of a fruit cup if you want, but I get the fruit cup because there isn't an upcharge on the kids meals like they do on the adult size combos.

CFA coupons don't come around too easily, but they are out there. Through the CFA one app, or local promotions like school coupon books or whatever.

I know I can ask for it, but when I stop by CFA it would be before I go to work like at 7 am in the morning... Don't have time to wait for them to cook up a lunch sized portion of chicken.

Two and a half minutes.

E92 M3

History will indicate -me- as the winner

I put mayo on my waffle fries too

88LLrR2.gif

Why is the multigrain wheat bun so much better than the normal white one and why doesn't chic fil a use it as the standard.

It wasn't offered when I worked there, but IMO it's trash.

I have to order the grilled sandwich special with the regular bun. "The old way," which gets increasingly difficult the longer time passes.

That sounds pretty good except waffle fries should be an option for a side

After about five minutes, waffle fries are trash too.

It wasn't offered when I worked there, but IMO it's trash.

I have to order the grilled sandwich special with the regular bun. "The old way," which gets increasingly difficult the longer time passes.

After about five minutes, waffle fries are trash too.

Sounds like CFA has a secret menu I'm unaware of. What is "Old Way" style?

EYEL1NER

I'm definitely curious what those mini-rolls taste like. The place I've been going for chicken a ton lately has amazing yeast-y fluffy rolls. If these are similar or better, I'd probably get one of the family meals once, to also try out the CFA macaroni and cheese. A family-sized meal from Golden Chick is still cheaper (than Popeye's or KFC also), so I wouldn't get it often.

jackal27

Banned
My dad is a Chick-Fil-A operator.

This will not happen.

It would require way too much infrastructure and added equipment to do it to the level of quality that they like. Even just adding the spicy chicken sandwich was really difficult. They test new stuff like this all the time and it usually goes nowhere.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Its shit posting and causes the topic to derail. Chick Fil A is delicious and they have the nicest employees around.....that's why they get my money.

Reminding you that you're happily supporting bigotry isn't shitposting. It's the reality of what you're doing.

Sounds like CFA has a secret menu I'm unaware of. What is "Old Way" style?

Old way is the regular CFA sandwich, just with the grilled meat. At one point there was a switch meat button, but apparently not anymore.

Buttered (oiled) bun, two pickles, grilled meat. Couldn't be simpler. A honey mustard bbq packet, perfection with some extra pickles.

When I worked there, I would make chicken burritos (before they stole my idea), french toast, chocolate milkshakes (before they stole that idea too), omelettes...

Reminding you that you're happily supporting bigotry isn't shitposting. It's the reality of what you're doing.

Nah. My kids first jobs will likely be there as well. Guess I'm now a bigot factory.

E92 M3

My dad is a Chick-Fil-A operator.

This will not happen.

It would require way too much infrastructure and added equipment to do it to the level of quality that they like. Even just adding the spicy chicken sandwich was really difficult. They test new stuff like this all the time and it usually goes nowhere.

Have you gotten sick of all the free food yet?

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Doesn't seem like he was joking. Saying its factual that they discriminate you at the stores themselves

No, not a joke, though perhaps a poor example. The stores won't turn away LGBT people, it's just that supporting the company funds groups that do in fact turn away LGBT people. So it's connected, but not immediate.

cr0w

Old Member

In September 2012, The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA) announced that Chick-fil-A has "ceased donating to organizations that promote discrimination, specifically against LGBT civil rights". According to the TCRA, Chick-fil-A officials stated in an internal document that they "will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation."

Things have changed a wee bit in the past 5 years. Also individual franchisees tend to have views that directly contradict the founder, who recently died. All the CFAs in the Houston area I've been to have been more diverse and inclusive than almost any other fast food franchise I can think of.

Top Bottom