• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Climate Change and what you can do

Soul_Pie

I've got a few ideas that might help:

-Massively reduce meat consumption, or cut it out entirely.
-Re-use, recycle, use canvas bags to avoid single use plastic, donate items, buy used things, avoid items with excess packaging, make sure to have a composting system in your home.
-Be a considerate consumer, don't add to the waste and the overproduction. Give feedback to companies for wasteful practices.
-If you can afford it, switch to a green energy provider or install solar panels if that is practicable.
-Advocate for sustainable methods of transport and better infrastructure for more livable urban environments; trains, light rail, cycling, walkable cities.
-Get politically active on these issues, get a bit fired up and passionate about it. At the very least sign up and donate to an organisation that can represent you on these issues.
-Switch to a bank that invests sustainably and ethically. This might take a bit of research but is worth the effort.

clemenx

Banned
I'd like to be educated here, While I absolutely believe that global warming is a serious issue, I'm of the belief that whatever individuals can do pales in comparison to the damage industries in general do, the scale is so much bigger that I don't see what impact I can do as an individual in either direction.

Maybe I'm just resentful because I live in an extremely industrial zone and have several factories nearby but I don't see why should I limit my AC usage or whatever personal consumption when I can look out of my window and see several fucking huge chimneys operating and contaminating with their shit 24/7.

Top Bottom