• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Cass Batgirl stuff, is there a good arc to recommend to someone with no real experience with her? Or is this one of those "read everything" deals?

VanWinkle

Are any of the batman volumes on sale at amazon worth it? I didn't follow eternal or anything.

All of them are well-regarded. The best deals are probably the ~$15 volumes of Batman Eternal (assuming you're talking about the physical copies). They normally go around $22 on Amazon and IST. List price on them is $40, too, so... Hush for ~$11 is a great price too. Have never seen it that cheap.

All of them are well-regarded. The best deals are probably the ~$15 volumes of Batman Eternal (assuming you're talking about the physical copies). They normally go around $22 on Amazon and IST. List price on them is $40, too, so... Hush for ~$11 is a great price too. Have never seen it that cheap.

Yeah, it's a shame I missed hush and long halloween. I'll get the two eternal then. Is the Arkham Asylum by Morrison considered good?

I"m really tempted on the comixology sale for the rest but them killing off the app makes me not want to touch them... Has anyone use the kindle app for desktops? It seems like they're price matching most of them.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
When you have to choose one Luke Cage book that is not a Avengers title, which one would you recommend? I need one for a recommention in the Luke Cage Production OT

Owzers

I don't get excited for cmx sales unless it's exactly for a book i want or when dark horse puts their entire line on sale.

Does anyone know why death of the family is like the only thing on sale when it's the third book?

Also, why are there no single issues of no man's land? Want to read that again :(

Messi

Does anyone know why death of the family is like the only thing on sale when it's the third book?

Also, why are there no single issues of no man's land? Want to read that again :(

They want you to buy Death of the Family and roll into the just released in hardcover Endgame.

VanWinkle

Yeah, it's a shame I missed hush and long halloween. I'll get the two eternal then. Is the Arkham Asylum by Morrison considered good?

I"m really tempted on the comixology sale for the rest but them killing off the app makes me not want to touch them... Has anyone use the kindle app for desktops? It seems like they're price matching most of them.

Arkham Asylum has the most mixed opinions because its the most abstract. Doesn't really have a tight story and dialog. A part of me would like to get it but I am a little hesitant.

They want you to buy Death of the Family and roll into the just released in hardcover Endgame.

Death of the Family is the big lead-in to Endgame, which was just released in collected format. And also has nothing to do with the previous two books of Court of Owls story. That would be my guess.

Ah, gotcha. I've only had a chance to read the first two books and took a break because of the nonsense they were doing with batman's ancestors.

Are Grayson and Batgirl on comixology worth a shot? Those are the final ones I'm considering. I got gotham academy without knowing anything since it was $5, so hopefully it's not bad.

Arkham Asylum has the most mixed opinions because its the most abstract. Doesn't really have a tight story and dialog. A part of me would like to get it but I am a little hesitant.

I wound up pulling the trigger since it was expiring. I generally like Morrison so I figured I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Also, I think I've finally gotten over my desire for hardcover and will buy nothing but trade paperbacks barring something that has a crazy hardcover version I enjoy like the absolute sandman books. So glad to finally be over buying issues and hardcover versions.

VanWinkle

Ah, gotcha. I've only had a chance to read the first two books and took a break because of the nonsense they were doing with batman's ancestors.

Are Grayson and Batgirl on comixology worth a shot? Those are the final ones I'm considering. I got gotham academy without knowing anything since it was $5, so hopefully it's not bad.

I bought those three on the comixology sale today, too. Have heard great things about Grayson and Gotham Academy and just kind of went out on a limb with Batgirl of Burnside. But, I mean, only $4, so it was hard to say no.

Grayson, definitely. Batgirl is hit-or-miss, but the Babs Tarr art is fantastic. I would give it a try, at the least.

I bought those three on the comixology sale today, too. Have heard great things about Grayson and Gotham Academy and just kind of went out on a limb with Batgirl of Burnside. But, I mean, only $4, so it was hard to say no.

Yup, and with the prices of individual issues I'm willing to try these for one issues essentially as long as no one says steer clear.

Also, I finally finished the magneto run. I thoroughly enjoyed it, I'm sad to see it go.

Buy all of them

We don't all have that Messi money ;)

But I don't think I'm passing on anything but earth one, nightwing, andjsutice league besides weird stuff like batman '66 which doesn't seem up my alley. The rest I'd rather have in physical form. I want batman and robin but partly bitter on how few issues they bundle.

OK, I'm going to do it. I'm going to read everything that modern Valiant has put out/is putting out. Of course, at this point it basically means all I'm doing different from what was happening naturally is reading all of Shadowman.

Owzers

Is that one where I need the rest of the arc? And I'm tempted not to buy anything since I can only view it on my phone. Need to look into kindle.

Yeah, tablets are definitely nice for digital comics. I think vol 1 is fine by itself, it's just another Batman starting out story but with Gary Frank art and it is a mostly good read. It's not essential reading but it's worth the $4.

Yeah, tablets are definitely nice for digital comics. I think vol 1 is fine by itself, it's just another Batman starting out story but with Gary Frank art and it is a mostly good read. It's not essential reading but it's worth the $4.

I have one with my surface which was part of the reason of me purchasing it but stupid comixology is actually removing their windows 8 app from the store so I can't read my comics soon enough. They hate taking my money apparently so now I need to find another platform to purchase things on which is annoying.

There's no web reader for them right? Just literally the ios and android apps?

Owzers

I have one with my surface which was part of the reason of me purchasing it but stupid comixology is actually removing their windows 8 app from the store so I can't read my comics soon enough. They hate taking my money apparently so now I need to find another platform to purchase things on which is annoying.

There's no web reader for them right? Just literally the ios and android apps?

pretty sure you can read them on a laptop.

edit: yep.

JTripper

Kinda bummed that B&N only had "select" Batman graphic novels for sale today in-store. I had most that were there so I ended up just picking up Batman Adventures Vol. 1 and Batman '66 Vol. 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom