• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's all right guys I'll read enough comics for all of us

Rocket Racoon #7 - I thought Rocket wouldn't work with a normal story and without the crazy cartoony art but I enjoyed this issue. The pair are stuck in a ice planet and Groot is dying (legit, can't grow back dying) from poison so Rocket and his new sexy snow ninja lady friend set off to get the antidote. Some heartfelt dialogue from Rocket and some striking art made thus a welcome change to the series.

All New Ghost Rider #10 - And now for a book that does NOT hold up without the crazy art. Why is this Mr.Hyde arc still going? Why is the new artist so bad? Why am I reading this book? Not even Johnny Blaze showing up can save this arc, or the book.

Rocket Racoon #7 - I thought Rocket wouldn't work with a normal story and without the crazy cartoony art but I enjoyed this issue. The pair are stuck in a ice planet and Groot is dying (legit, can't grow back dying) from poison so Rocket and his new sexy snow ninja lady friend set off to get the antidote. Some heartfelt dialogue from Rocket and some striking art made thus a welcome change to the series.

That story took me completely by surprise. Height of the series, easily.

PsychBat!

Banned
GOZjDnS.gif

Zombine

Banned
At first I thought I found the games OT, but now I don't know if I should be posting about vegetables or animals.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Comigaf feedback on that title when i asked about it was so horrid that i've never bothered to have a gander at it.

I liked the first few issues mainly for Tradd's amazing art but it was never a great book in the first place.

Agh, man there are so many good books dropping next week. Is it too early for lists? Because mine is crazy.

Yeah, too early for lists.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo are we gonna chill or what? Lol. Hugs need to be had.

Freeza gets cold feet because she's actually an anime figure IRL

Yeah--I'm down for a comics-gaf hug-down. Except Freeze.

Owzers

Where do you stand on steelbook cases for things? The flimsy tin best buy ones they pretend are not garbage. Pretend i'm talking about steelbook cases for comics and not Age of Ultron.

Zombine

Banned
Where do you stand on steelbook cases for things? The flimsy tin best buy ones they pretend are not garbage. Pretend i'm talking about steelbook cases for comics and not Age of Ultron.

I like them. You never know when you're going to need extra protection for your Blu-Ray discs.

All New Ghost Rider #10 - And now for a book that does NOT hold up without the crazy art. Why is this Mr.Hyde arc still going? Why is the new artist so bad? Why am I reading this book? Not even Johnny Blaze showing up can save this arc, or the book.

Cheers! I enjoy reading your posts, Rhaknar.

Owzers

Black Science #3 was still pretty good, I'm still not sold on the book though, i don't find anything in particular that interesting, not the characters or the adventure.

Rhaknar

Legit, dude. You read comics and talk about them. I celebrate this. Dammit, I can't not sound sarcastic. I mean it, though!

I don't have any money or anything. Get out of here weirdo

I don't have any money or anything. Get out of here weirdo
You're a MU reader. We already know this. zing! ;)

So Ms Marvel #13 is the strongest issue of the whole series. Good balance of home life & super hero stuff. Really getting that spidey classic balance and also not too reliant on geeky references or memes. Good stuff.

Bii

Downloaded MyNBA2K16 on iOS. Finally, a mobile game I can play at work since, well, MyNBA2K15.

Edit: Where's fukpad? I miss that guy.

Owzers

My copy of East of West #20 is creased on the top right. I guess i could continue living but i don't see the point.

The Eternal Warrior minis are not worth it. However, the following definitely are:

The Valiant
Archer & Armstrong Vol 1 & 2
Unity Vol 1-5
Book of Death #1

(Btw buy the singles, they are cheaper)

vv MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

Owzers

There's more valiant on sale than Eternal Warriors.

Is that "The Valiant" mini any good if you haven't read other Valiant published books? I haven't heard much about it, i wish there were someone here who read a lot of Valiant to let me know.

^^ oh hi.

I thought the 8 issues of Paks stuff was good stuff. But second the A&A recommendation. Also the Valiant is great

Yeah, idk, Pak's stuff didn't do much for me. Felt very stale. Eternal Emperor was a neat idea that Van Lente and [hopefully soon] Kindt capitalized on better.

Also for math reasons, i'ts cheaper to buy The Valiant individually than the trade, $4 vs $5

That's the case for the majority of those trades, actually.

Hm, for some reason they've included The Valiant in the Modern Eternal Failure bundle. Pretty good deal.

also

oh ostrander, you so 90's.

What bundle you looking at? NVM that's a good deal. AND Book of Death #1

I may pick up some old EW.

how was the Grayson annual? honestly I found the last one to be the weakest issue of the series, is this of the same quality?

i really liked it. wish they went more into the whole "i lost my secret identity." "so did i!" dynamic but it was otherwise fine. not the greatest of the series but far from the worst.

My copy of East of West #20 is creased on the top right. I guess i could continue living but i don't see the point.

I know EXACTLY how you feel...

This is my Swamp Thing Deluxe Edition. There was a crease inside the book and at first I'm like "No big deal" then I open it out and it reaches past the rest of the book cause it never reached the paper trimmer... -___-

Owzers

I know EXACTLY how you feel...

This is my Swamp Thing Deluxe Edition. There was a crease inside the book and at first I'm like "No big deal" then I open it out and it reaches past the rest of the book cause it never reached the paper trimmer... -___-

I've had those.....they are terrible.

Top Bottom