• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
It's good. Loved the most recent issue.

It's good comics. Solid character writing, an intriguing plot, great art. Especially in the newest issue which is just astonishingly gorgeous.

The art in the last issue was fucking phenomenal. Don't remember the artist's name, but that's what really caught my attention. I'm gonna hop on the book.

PsychBat!

Banned
AoS isn't bad, but it's not great or anywhere close to the quality of the movies.

Some actors in that show are eh too.

While the movie plebs watch their movies and shows, we'll be reading some comic books.

ElNarez

Banned
AoS season 2, dealing with the Winter Soldier fallout, that was cool. I don't know how is season 3, but if it's more of Trying To Make The Inhumans Happen Very Hard, eh.

Holy hell. I love the look of this:
DCC12042.jpg

From Batman v. Superman - March 2016 release.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Really digging Wolverines, which I was not expecting at all. Issue #3 introduces Fantomelle who I really liked, hopefully she's a big part of the series.

fantomelle6.jpg

Superior Ironman #4 - Speaking of books I was not expecting I would love so much. Daredevil arc is aparently over when Matt finds out how Tony got Extremis 3.0 in everyone in San Francisco and confronts him about it, let's just say it doesn't go well for Daredevil. Tony is such a fucking dick in this, I love it. By far the best if not only good thing to come out of Axis.

Oh and his liquid metal armor is creepy, it's basically a ironman version of a symbiote suit.

PsychBat!

Banned
Really digging Wolverines, which I was not expecting at all. Issue #3 introduces Fantomelle who I really liked, hopefully she's a big part of the series.

fantomelle6.jpg

Superior Ironman #4 - Speaking of books I was not expecting I would love so much. Daredevil arc is aparently over when Matt finds out how Tony got Extremis 3.0 in everyone in San Francisco and confronts him about it, let's just say it doesn't go well for Daredevil. Tony is such a fucking dick in this, I love it. By far the best if not only good thing to come out of Axis.

Have you read Hobgoblin or Carnage?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Have you read Hobgoblin or Carnage?

Yes and yes. I liked both but both started off stronger than where they ended. Especially Hobgoblin. Carnage-Man was fun throughout but nothing much happened in it.

There's some major false equivalency going on here. Two entirely different situations. Going at it with someone you don't perceive as being a regular and this thread title are two different things.

No, it's not a false equivalency. The title, aside from being misleading, also indicates that we have our own inside jokes and that there's an obstacle to overcome to fit into the community in that form.

Also, you conveniently missed how I stated that I wasn't going at it with IHaveIce because he were an outsider; regulars have made disparaging comments or negged others before and I've called them out on it.

Zombine

Banned
No, it's not a false equivalency. The title, aside from being misleading, also indicates that we have our own inside jokes and that there's an obstacle to overcome to fit into the community in that form.

Also, you conveniently missed how I stated that I wasn't going at it with IHaveIce because he were an outsider; regulars have made disparaging comments or negged others before and I've called them out on it.

Have you seen literally every other community here? Every title to their OT has some sort of community related "in joke title."

I don't have time to argue with you. You got
Called out, hold your L and move on.

Messi

You weren't?

Can I quote you the next time some talks smack about Valiant?

Lol who the fuck is this punk ass coming in here to take pot shots at Birdie?

Hold that thought, I am not on board with some random coming in here and dissing the regulars

Zombine

Banned
You weren't?

It's why I didn't even bother to respond. Add onto it that it elicited a response from a mod who more or less said cut the bullshit in the nicest way possible, then to bring it up again and complain about unfair treatment of some shit. I.e., why I made my statement about false equivalency.

You weren't?

No, I explained later that it was because I don't know this guy and I don't know what his intentions are. That may not be how it came off, because yeah, I said it combatively and I'll own up to that.

Others were the ones that took that to mean I'm chasing out newcomers. Have I ever done that? Seriously?

VanWinkle

I do think the thread title should be changed to back to reflect it's a comic-gaf thread. A few months ago when I joined the comic-gaf community I just searched "Comics neogaf" on google to see if there was any thread for it since I was just getting into comics at the time. I'm glad it was there, and the title like it is, is too...insider.

...Anyway...

I'm halfway through Batman Eternal Vol. 1 (around issue #11), and I LOVE IT. One of my favorite things is how there's a lot of different artists involved, so I always look forward to when there's a new art style when I go to a new issue.

Story is interesting, too, though it's slow moving of course, with it being a 52-issue run.

Let's not fight over this. This isn't helping with being welcoming either. :x

Can we all just agree the title should change and just move on from there?

I'm halfway through Batman Eternal Vol. 1 (around issue #11), and I LOVE IT. One of my favorite things is how there's a lot of different artists involved, so I always look forward to when there's a new art style when I go to a new issue.

Story is interesting, too, though it's slow moving of course, with it being a 52-issue run.

I really need to get around to finishing all of it, real smart move of DC to get all sorts of artist involved for it.

Also Batman and Robin Eternal is next week, finally time for some more Dick.

Zombine, there has obviously been some miscommunication at several points here. I don't want you to leave. If anything, I'm the one that should take a break. I recognize that I talk a lot and that tends to make me say things I don't mean or have my words misunderstood. Plus, just constantly being here must get on some people's nerves. I gleaned as much from your comment about post padding.

I'm going to post considerably less from now on and I apologize for whatever I may have done to upset people.

Lunch, he's teasing.
Also love seeing that the number of Valiant titles in the OT tripled since the last month.
Also²: googling comics neogaf gives one the august thread.

In other news. Stalker: Call of Pripyat is amazeballs. Like, usually a game doesn't try to betray you or allow you to betray pretty much ever single quest giver you meet right off the gate. Not so here: backstabs for all.

Heck, doesn't even take an hour for the game to legit start throwing lying npcs your way, and try to kill you if you call them on their bs. 2010, man, gawd damn.

The eastern euro jank is real, tho. Obv. Wouldn't have it any other way.

VanWinkle

I really need to get around to finishing all of it, real smart move of DC to get all sorts of artist involved for it.

Also Batman and Robin Eternal is next week, finally time for some more Dick.

REALLY excited for Batman and Robin Eternal. I'll be waiting for the trades myself, but I have tons to read to keep me occupied until then.

Zombine, there has obviously been some miscommunication at several points here. I don't want you to leave. If anything, I'm the one that should take a break. I recognize that I talk a lot and that tends to make me say things I don't mean or have my words misunderstood. Plus, just constantly being here must get on some people's nerves. I gleaned as much from your comment about post padding.

I'm going to post considerably less from now on and I apologize for whatever I may have done to upset people.

Dude, you don't have to do that. We just need to not jump at each other. Let's just enjoy having this pretty awesome community.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Oh, NYCC is next week. That's a rad thing related to comics (and anime).

So I'm all caught up on Deadly Class, having originally thrown in the towel at issue 9. I maintain the series starts a little slow, a little rough, but HOLY SHIT at the last five issues or so. Unbelievable storytelling. Thanks Messi for convincing me to give it another shot.

I have come to this community in search of power. How can I attain the Power Cosmic?

But can you wield it?

(Welcome)

Top Bottom