• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Eh, why do we hat Snyders Watchmen? I think its an fucking amazing movie.
Man, alone that Intro with the Minuteman. My god :D

It's a pretty damn good movie. It's not without its less appealing moments, but for a Watchmen movie, it's about as good as it gets.

Watchmen as a show is a bad fit. It'd be best as a mini.

Now something like Y the last man would be a great fit for HBO. Of course so would Preacher but we are unfortunately getting that on AMC

I just want to repeat again: An in-joke thread title is fine and this one is pretty good, but it shouldn't be at the cost of making it clear what the damn thread is about. Speaking personally: If several months back I had been looking for a comics community thread I'm not sure I would have found it under the current circumstances and likely would have given up.

Wasn't there some backlash 2 days ago on me for whay was perceived as not being inviting to newcomers? This title is putting people off from even entering the thread.

I have to agree with Sarah.

Zombine

Banned
Wasn't there some backlash 2 days ago on me for whay was perceived as not being inviting to newcomers? This title is putting people off from even entering the thread.

I have to agree with Sarah.

There's some major false equivalency going on here. Two entirely different situations. Going at it with someone you don't perceive as being a regular and this thread title are two different things.

Tizoc

Yeah, Captain America: White is really good.

A readable Jeph Loeb comic in 2015, whoda thunk it?

Jeph Loeb comics are the definition of unreadable; Captain America: White is by Tim Sale and Jeph Loeb. Tim Sale is why it's good.

It's the Tim sale effect. I think wheve proven by now who the real MVP of that duo is

Yup, the only thing mentioning it from time to time is just to remind people of Tim Sale, cuz that fellow does not get brought up a lot :p

Watchmen seems like an odd choice given the movie already existing. Curious if it is a prequel or just a re-adaptation of the story as a mini tv series. I'd rather they do Sandman on HBO than as a movie.

I want to get excited for red pants superman but Jurgens has never impressed me.

Tizoc

What's wrong with Jeph Loeb? I've only read Long Halloween and Dark Victory, but they had good writing I thought.

His stories and writing are very cringy and poorly done.
When Loeb works with Tim Sale, that comic ends up being great like the 2 books you mentioned.

From what I understand, Loeb never really recovered from the death of his son. His old stuff is before that happened.

Also why I'm reluctant to rag on the guy, despite not being what you'd call a fan of his current output.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What happened to my MU bro Gketter?

Edit: oh nvm he posted on this page lol. Haven't seen him around so was wondering

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is anybody keeping up with We Are Robin? I keep almost picking up the run due to art but I'm super suspect of Lee Bermejo's writing.

PsychBat!

Banned

I need spider-clone serum rhak

mxtLRCw.png

i'm gonna die!

Is anybody keeping up with We Are Robin? I keep almost picking up the run due to art but I'm super suspect of Lee Bermejo's writing.

SLUG! Did you hear about more Silver Surfer? Please respond!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I need spider-clone serum rhak

SLUG! Did you hear about more Silver Surfer? Please respond!

YOOO! Tim shared the great news with me and then I got incredibly excited and reread some issues. Slott and Allred are doing the definitive Silver Surfer run that nobody ever knew they wanted.

So now I'm waiting on a Runaways ongoing announcement. Because it has to happen, right?

I've only read the beginning but Bermejo's writing was super solid, and i tend to be really critical of how young characters are written. Need to catch up tho

Drayco21

Just read Nightwing Annual, it was a lot of fun. Really like the Superman/Nightwing combo, hope we see more of it. I never want this creative team to stop, Grayson is great.

Filthy Slug

I've only read the beginning but Bermejo's writing was super solid, and i tend to be really critical of how young characters are written. Need to catch up tho

That's why I keep hesitating on picking up the run. I think the concept is fantastic, but I just couldn't handle any hack-y/cliche ass writing on it. Good to hear it's solid, though--I'll hop on it next time I grab my books. Thanks, Serp!

Messi

That's why I keep hesitating on picking up the run. I think the concept is fantastic, but I just couldn't handle any hack-y/cliche ass writing on it. Good to hear it's solid, though--I'll hop on it next time I grab my books. Thanks, Serp!

It's good. Loved the most recent issue.

It's good comics. Solid character writing, an intriguing plot, great art. Especially in the newest issue which is just astonishingly gorgeous.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Really into Remender's Falcon-Cap, issue #3 continues to be strong (but did they really kill Nomad?)

Also good was Amazing X-Men #15, part 1 of the new juggernaut story. Amazing continues to be the most traditional X-men book/team (Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Nightcrawler, etc) so it hits the nostalgia bone I guess. It shouldn't be a surprise that Extraordinary is my most anticipated X book (which will also feature those 4)

Man that's gonna be such a good team...Storm, Colossus, Iceman, 'Crawler, Magik, Jean and Wolverine (even if it's young Jean and Old Man Logan). X-Men don't get any X-Menier than that.

Rhaknar

Woah, what, that's true? That's incredibly sad. I honestly had no idea that happened to him.

Where do you think Sam, aka Kid Nova came from? I'm not even saying that in a ad way, I actually like Sam

Messi

Really into Remender's Falcon-Cap, issue #3 continues to be strong (but did they really kill Nomad?)

Also good was Amazing X-Men #15, part 1 of the new juggernaut story. Amazing continues to be the most traditional X-men book/team (Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Nightcrawler, etc) so it hits the nostalgia bone I guess. It shouldn't be a surprise that Extraordinary is my most anticipated X book (which will also feature those 4)

Man that's gonna be such a good team...Storm, Colossus, Iceman, 'Crawler, Magik, Jean and Wolverine (even if it's young Jean and Old Man Logan). X-Men don't get any X-Menier than that.

Falcon Cap is amazing all the way to the end. He is so cool. Beautiful book too.

Owzers

Heroes and Agents of Shield are the worst shows i've tried this fall, watching episode 3 of Heroes now. I'm making plans to read a comic book tonight to compensate but i can't decide what.....Autumnlands? Something with a vol 2 coming out soon so i can decide if i want to buy that? I am in the mood for tiger boobs.

Top Bottom