• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

VanWinkle

I get it can be daunting and a lot of times it's not really necessary. But some self-contained stories are very much worth reading.

Man, if I only read stuff from 2015 on (when I started reading comics), I'd have missed out on soooo much good stuff, haha. Probably 90% of my collection is pre-2015.

Man, if I only read stuff from 2015 on (when I started reading comics), I'd have missed out on soooo much good stuff, haha. Probably 90% of my collection is pre-2015.

I got back into comics around 2007 when I picked up the Planet Hulk hardcover. I don't even want to think about how much I've spent on comics since then. More than I've spent on figures certainly. Comics were the real threat all along.

New week new list

Sherlock Frankenstein & The Legion of Evil #1
Batman The Drowned #1

Batwoman #8
Wild Storm #8
Invincible #141
Kill or Be Killed #13
Captain Phasma #4
War Mother #3

-------

Grayson omnibus
Low DLX HC Vol.1

Can't wait for this!

8j14fc5.png

Goddamn, that looks awesome. Might pick that up too

Was only a matter of time, but finally decided to check out some 2000AD comics. Got some Nemesis The Warlock and Slaine, might check out Rogue Trooper

Nemesis seems super cool. Very Prophet-esque

So I started Forever Heroes, finally resuming Johns' JL run. I wonder if they'll ever reconcile Bertinelli working for Owlman.

Oh, another piece of DC lore that Dawnbreaker draws from: charging the Ring of Volthoom requires the user to basically stick their hand in a Cthulhu monster portal. Dawnbreaker summoned Cthulu monsters. Another power ring connected to Old Ones.

Uncanny Avengers wasn't available when I got to the promo, so I snagged McFarlane Spidey on my lady's account and the Jason Aarow Doctor Strange hardcover I was missing. In the last couple months I'm now up an omnibus, a trade, and an echo dot all free from amazon promos.

Based Prime

VeeP

The whole Amazon book thing had me looking at different graphic novels/comics, one's that came out before I started reading them. I came upon Alan Moore's From Hell, has anyone read this book/can anyone recommend it? I do enjoy mysteries, and from a very brief synopsis I read it seems to focus on Jack the Ripper (which sounds very interesting). Should I give it a go?

Vic_Viper

How was the Tomasi Batman & Robin run? I read the Morrison run and loved it but just continued on with Batman Inc and Snyder's Batman. Its Bruce Wayne as Batman right and not Dick?

Some Nobody

New week new list

Sherlock Frankenstein & The Legion of Evil #1
Batman The Drowned #1

Batwoman #8
Wild Storm #8
Invincible #141
Kill or Be Killed #13
Captain Phasma #4
War Mother #3

-------

Grayson omnibus
Low DLX HC Vol.1

This is early. I can't even think this far ahead when I haven't even written any reviews for last week's. (Ugh. Producing 1000s of words every day for low wages is kinda miserable.)

VanWinkle

How was the Tomasi Batman & Robin run? I read the Morrison run and loved it but just continued on with Batman Inc and Snyder's Batman. Its Bruce Wayne as Batman right and not Dick?

I've only read the first arc (and thought it was great). I've heard from most people that have read it that it's fantastic. And yeah, it's Bruce and Damian.

That looks pretty awesome. What does this book cover?

And Steph there.<3

BATMAN AND ROBIN #20-22, BATMAN AND ROBIN #0-40, BATMAN AND ROBIN #23, BATMAN AND ROBIN ANNUAL #1-3, ROBIN RISES: OMEGA #1, ROBIN RISES: ALPHA #1, SECRET ORIGINS #4 and DETECTIVE COMICS #27.

VeeP

BATMAN AND ROBIN #20-22, BATMAN AND ROBIN #0-40, BATMAN AND ROBIN #23, BATMAN AND ROBIN ANNUAL #1-3, ROBIN RISES: OMEGA #1, ROBIN RISES: ALPHA #1, SECRET ORIGINS #4 and DETECTIVE COMICS #27.

Wow, how many pages is this? I'm roughly counting the pages from the issues you mentioned and it's easily over 800.

The whole Amazon book thing had me looking at different graphic novels/comics, one's that came out before I started reading them. I came upon Alan Moore's From Hell, has anyone read this book/can anyone recommend it? I do enjoy mysteries, and from a very brief synopsis I read it seems to focus on Jack the Ripper (which sounds very interesting). Should I give it a go?
My friend read it and said it was the biggest ripoff ever and a hack story.

His opinion is literally the only negative one I've heard/read. There is a recurring complaint that I've seen that it is almost too long given the extensive detail. If you're someone who's super into Jack the Ripper, supposedly it's am extremely interesting read, especially since it was based on letters from one of the supposed suspects.

VeeP

My friend read it and said it was the biggest ripoff ever and a hack story.

His opinion is literally the only negative one I've heard/read. There is a recurring complaint that I've seen that it is almost too long given the extensive detail. If you're someone who's super into Jack the Ripper, supposedly it's am extremely interesting read, especially since it was based on letters from one of the supposed suspects.

Thanks for replying. I actually don't know too much about Jack the Ripper, but I do love mysteries. I was trying to read some reviews on the book and I guess they made a movie about it in 2001 with Depp lol. I'll have to watch that as well someday.

Anyone else have any thoughts on From Hell?

Thanks for replying. I actually don't know too much about Jack the Ripper, but I do love mysteries. I was trying to read some reviews on the book and I guess they made a movie about it in 2001 with Depp lol. I'll have to watch that as well someday.

Anyone else have any thoughts on From Hell?
The movie got a horrendous reception.

Mind you, 90% of my Jack the Ripper knowledge comes from the Last Podcast on the Left, which did a five-part series on him. From Hell was included in the material they used as research (along with pretty much everything ever made regarding the topic, the Jack the Ripper museam, etc.).

Owzers

Yep, so long as the first order hasn't shipped yet.
Thanks, I canned east of west hc vol 1for Izombine omnibus. I have the trades but only read the first two so it will still be newish, I don’t need to rebuy east of west in hc form until the third volume plus its 29 at ist and zombine is 43. I was hoping for journey into mystery Omni but that is too high, thought about Low hc and hellboy in hell library but both are lower value too.

Vic_Viper

Thanks, I canned east of west hc vol 1for Izombine omnibus. I have the trades but only read the first two so it will still be newish, I don’t need to rebuy east of west in hc form until the third volume plus its 29 at ist and zombine is 43. I was hoping for journey into mystery Omni but that is too high, thought about Low hc and hellboy in hell library but both are lower value too.

Wait, Is it any book under like $50? Was East of West and the Hellboy books available for the offer? Do you have to have Prime? I already used my Audible trial awhile ago but I can use a family members.

Owzers

Wait, Is it any book under like $50? Was East of West and the Hellboy books available for the offer? Do you have to have Prime? I already used my Audible trial awhile ago but I can use a family members.
Definitely don’t need prime but you have to see if your account is eligible, at the top of the page of something like east of west book one it will say get this hardcover and 2 audio books free, not everyone is eligible.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1447997&page=1

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

They didn't say you needed to have had bought 2 books in the past 6 months. If I had known that, I would've bought 2 books since there's some I wanted to buy and then I would've used the trial. Now I'm screwed since my account has the trial but I can't get the free physical book.

They didn't say you needed to have had bought 2 books in the past 2 months. If I had known that, I would've bought 2 books since there's some I wanted to buy and then I would've used the trial. Now I'm screwed since my account has the trial but I can't get the free physical book.

It's weird, because I didn't buy a physical book in the past two months, but it went through fine.

Owzers

It's weird, because I didn't buy a physical book in the past two months, but it went through fine.
I think it’s one of the three criteria you need. I didn’t buy physical, just some kindle sale books, but I never used an audible trial before.

When I did the trial I did it through them saying I could get a physical book for free, did yours not mention that when you did the trial?

Einchy

It's actually 6 months, that was a typo on my part.

Someone in that thread said they hadn't bought any in the past 6 months, though, and they got it. So who the hell knows.

I think it’s one of the three criteria you need. I didn’t buy physical, just some kindle sale books, but I never used an audible trial before.

When I did the trial I did it through them saying I could get a physical book for free, did yours not mention that when you did the trial?

Oh, that makes sense. Picked up some books in the last Marvel sale.

Einchy

And everyone is getting Nausicaä, which was the first thing I thought of when I read about this deal since I've had that on my amazon wishlist for over a year now. WHY AMAZON WHY

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Afte I had problems connecting with the first few issues of Avengers Unleashed, I ended up liking the first trade and cant wait for the second

Top Bottom