• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Bought the Planetary Omnibus. I've never read it, so this is a pretty good get.

Oh, dude. It’s awesome. Enjoy.

My friend read it and said it was the biggest ripoff ever and a hack story.

what-Alison-Brie-.gif

Was only a matter of time, but finally decided to check out some 2000AD comics. Got some Nemesis The Warlock and Slaine, might check out Rogue Trooper

Nemesis seems super cool. Very Prophet-esque

2000AD was basically my regular for about a decade in my teens. So many good series in there.

If you like Nemesis, check out ABC Warriors. It’s set in the same universe but centres on a Suicide Squad band of Kaos-worshipping robots. Back-stabbing aplenty.

Rogue Trooper is great. Keep an eye out for the Dave Gibbons written reboot. Took it to another level.

Also highly recommend Morrison’s first foray into superheroes: Zenith. Damn good stuff.

Was only a matter of time, but finally decided to check out some 2000AD comics. Got some Nemesis The Warlock and Slaine, might check out Rogue Trooper

Nemesis seems super cool. Very Prophet-esque
Hewligan's Haircut and Zenith are my only really experiences with them but they are SO good.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think I love the second arc with all the Dark Room Girls even more. I was always against the idea of a Black Widow movie, because I felt that the character cant carry a movie, but a mix between the Waid Series and the one which introduced Ilyana would make a perfect movie.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
List of books I won't be reading anytime soon!

Curse Words #9
Killed or Be Killed #13
Shirtless Bear Fighter #5
Misfit City #6

kmfdmpig

Nah, going by BC’s just released list for this week it was ASM and it happened in more shops.

Those number always seem off though. Each time Bleeding Cool shows that it seems like DC has 8 or so in the top 10, but then when the actual numbers come out Marvel wins market share and dollar share by a fairly decent margin. I'm not sure if it's just a matter of the specific sample of stores (which is small) is not very representative or if Marvel readers take longer to buy their books, but that data seems to have limited value based on how different it is from actual numbers over the last year or so.

Finally done with WW omnibus (Perez v1). The second half took me a lot longer to read than the first half. It started feeling a bit aimless towards the end, hopefully that doesn't portend bad things for v2.

The talk on this page reminded me. Maybe I'll start reading Zenith next.

You know what never gets old for me? When a guest character has their name get said in a book and their name appears the same as it does on the cover of their book.

Those number always seem off though. Each time Bleeding Cool shows that it seems like DC has 8 or so in the top 10, but then when the actual numbers come out Marvel wins market share and dollar share by a fairly decent margin. I'm not sure if it's just a matter of the specific sample of stores (which is small) is not very representative or if Marvel readers take longer to buy their books, but that data seems to have limited value based on how different it is from actual numbers over the last year or so.
Will be interesting to see Comichron’s breakdown next month since he tracks the normal and adjusted top 300.

Next up: Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier

Is this the Kot book? It's a pretty rad comic, maybe not what you would actual go looking for in a Winter Soldier comic but it's good. There's only one volume but the Jason Latour Winter Soldier volume that came after Bru left was really great. Good art by Nic Klein and a really cool story, and much more traditional espionage thriller.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is this the Kot book? It's a pretty rad comic, maybe not what you would actual go looking for in a Winter Soldier comic but it's good. There's only one volume but the Jason Latour Winter Soldier volume that came after Bru left was really great. Good art by Nic Klein and a really cool story, and much more traditional espionage thriller.

Exactly, the Kot book. We learn more about Furys new role in that one, right? I come for this, but I would love to see a new Samnee/Waid book with James in the main role.

Samnee is in for in in the next Cap arc, right?

Sandfox

Those numbers are anecdotal and are tracking retailer sales rather than publisher sales, so it's not going to be the same.

Those numbers are anecdotal and are tracking retailer sales rather than publisher sales, so it's not going to be the same.
Yep.

Has there ever been an attempt to track how much is ordered of each cover?

Would be really interesting to know how many lenticulars Marvel shipped out the last month compared to how many normal covers had to be ordered to get them.

I'll be honest: I didn't enjoy Metal #3 very much. I feel like every issue of this event has now just become a list. Like an RPG inventory or quest log.

Can someone who knows the New Mutants help me out a bit? Trying to make a list of what digital trades to buy when the next quarterly Marvel Amazon sale hits and really want to collect the New Mutants next.

Can someone who knows the New Mutants help me out a bit? Trying to make a list of what digital trades to buy when the next quarterly Marvel Amazon sale hits and really want to collect the New Mutants next.

You want New Mutants Classic Vol 3 and Vol 4. Well, what you really want is issues 18-31, that's the Sienkiewicz run as artist, and Vols 3 and 4 cover 18-34

You want New Mutants Classic Vol 3 and Vol 4. Well, what you really want is issues 18-31, that's the Sienkiewicz run as artist, and Vols 3 and 4 cover 18-34
Any later ones? Had the classic run in a really old trade translated into swedish as a kid but I’m 100% still going to get it.

If DC does a LoSH sale next year I’m going to buy so much stuff.

VanWinkle

Finally done with WW omnibus (Perez v1). The second half took me a lot longer to read than the first half. It started feeling a bit aimless towards the end, hopefully that doesn't portend bad things for v2.

The talk on this page reminded me. Maybe I'll start reading Zenith next.

Ehhh...second half of WW Vol. 2 is much better than the first half. So, good luck.

Messi

How's Batgirl Rebirth? Basically Stewart-esque stuff again?

Not really until after Alberquerque leaves and it goes back to Burnside then it absolutely is more of that. Better than it in a lot of ways. I like it. Chris Wildgoose art is lovely on the book.

Top Bottom