• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Vic_Viper

Anyone preorder or remember how much the Grayson and/or the Batman and Robin Omnis were on DCBS?

Can't believe DC still hasn't even teased an Omni for Snyder's Batman run. That B&R looks really good though.

Messi

Anyone preorder or remember how much the Grayson and/or the Batman and Robin Omnis were on DCBS?

Can't believe DC still hasn't even teased an Omni for Snyder's Batman run. That B&R looks really good though.

It's my favourite Bat run ever. Batman and Robin. Made me legit cry and laugh out loud. Perfect comics.

Vic_Viper

It's my favourite Bat run ever. Batman and Robin. Made me legit cry and laugh out loud. Perfect comics.

Yea I wish I had stuck with it. I think there was a few issues after Morrison's run written by someone else and it just wasn't doing it for me so I dropped it before Tynion came on.

I followed Morrison to Batman Inc and then Snyder's New 52 run so I just completely missed it at the time.

VeeP

Just read Ragman #1. Damn, that was really good.

Latest Detective Comics was soooo good

Tynion is killing it.

Helped bring back Steph, Cass, Tim. Made me care about Clayface. Bringing in characters like Zatarra, Azrael, etc. Probably my favorite Rebirth book.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am thinking about contibuting to a Movie fanzine with reviews for the Alien Defiance Miniseries and since we have at least one person in this thread who reviews comics on a professional base, I wanted to ask how you are proceeding when you are reading a comic for a review and how you get everything together to write a review.

Gonna reply tomorrow to potential answers, just in case anyone wonders why I ask then remain silent for a few hours. 😅

VanWinkle

Yeah, it's really weird. All I can think is that they're waiting for Snyder to completely finish his Batman stuff, since he is still doing All-Star Batman.

Ross61

I don't think they collect omnibus so quickly, it just ended a year ago. Its still easy to obtain all parts of the run.

Vic_Viper

Batman and Robin ended a year before Grayson ended.

Your right. That's why B&R is 40 issues and Batman is 52. My bad :(

Anyone remember what the DCBS listed price for the Grayson or B&R Omnis were?

Edit: found them! They were 50 & 62.50
I'm still pretty New to using DCBS, so I missed both of these.

CMX best sellers for this past week:
1. Dark Nights: Metal #3
2. Detective Comics #966
3. The Wicked + The Divine #32
4. Mister Miracle #3
5. Injustice 2 #27
6. Action Comics #989
7. Wonder Woman #32
8. The Flash #32
9. Amazing Spider-Man#789
10. Ms. Marvel #23

VeeP

Can't believe DC still hasn't even teased an Omni for Snyder's Batman run. ]

I'm hoping when they bring one out it'll include 90% of his work on Batman. Probably keep out Eternal, and maybe keep out All Star. But bring in everything else.

Zero Year, Court of Owls, Night of the Owls, Death of the Family, End Game, and then Metal.

If possible include Eternal & All Star, but if not not these should be enough.

Owzers

Read the first volume of black widow since there was talk of it and I owned it, good stuff. Not liking heavy liquid much though, still early but nothing is keeping me interested.

Geist-

Is Hack/Slash worth reading? I found Omnibus Volume 1 for relatively cheap, but I'd like to know if it's more than just fan service and movie tie-ins before I pull the trigger.

VeeP

Detective Comics is so good right now. This is shaping up to be a legendary run.

Agreed.

ffxJV9T.jpg

kJ4jWQW.jpg

PyDG5h8.jpg

Dalek

The revelation in this issue about why the future Tim had to be the one that did what he did was brilliant. He would never be as good a fighter as Bruce, Dick, Jason or Damien so he had to fall back on reliance of his wits and tech. Because of this he had contingency plans in place-and that came to its logical conclusion. Brilliant stuff, man. I need to re-read Rebirth Tec from the start-it’s pure comics bliss.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Read a few issues of Metal...I may as well have been reading it in a different language. To someone that hasn't read Batman or DC since Knightfall, every panel felt like the writers were just making shit up on the fly.

Kind of humorous actually. I resisted the urge to do research just to see if I can parse this out as I kept reading. I suppose the time-travel, multiverse(excuse me DARK-multiverse), Nth metal, secret tombs, Neo-Gotham mountain, and darkseid baby started to coalesce into some weird internal logic.

But then I read some Batman issue where the Batman and Flash merged into the Batmobile or something and that lost me. Like what now? Was this in a different multiverse? So confused.

I have issue #3 and some tie-ins still to go, but I may actually need some help with some basics here. Is there a primer resource to help suss this out?

Oh the art is awesome and I love the villain designs in this story.

The revelation in this issue about why the future Tim had to be the one that did what he did was brilliant. He would never be as good a fighter as Bruce, Dick, Jason or Damien so he had to fall back on reliance of his wits and tech. Because of this he had contingency plans in place-and that came to its logical conclusion. Brilliant stuff, man. I need to re-read Rebirth Tec from the start-it’s pure comics bliss.
Also
notice how he refers to his AI as Brother. Tynion literally thought "what if Bruce hadn't fucked up with Brother Eye."

Dalek

Also
notice how he refers to his AI as Brother. Tynion literally thought "what if Bruce hadn't fucked up with Brother Eye."

I did wonder about that-was it literally referencing
Brother Eye
?

Also the future Damien was the same look as the future Damien from Morriosn’s run.

geomon

Read a few issues of Metal...I may as well have been reading it in a different language. To someone that hasn't read Batman or DC since Knightfall, every panel felt like the writers were just making shit up on the fly.

Kind of humorous actually. I resisted the urge to do research just to see if I can parse this out as I kept reading. I suppose the time-travel, multiverse(excuse me DARK-multiverse), Nth metal, secret tombs, Neo-Gotham mountain, and darkseid baby started to coalesce into some weird internal logic.

But then I read some Batman issue where the Batman and Flash merged into the Batmobile or something and that lost me. Like what now? Was this in a different multiverse? So confused.

I have issue #3 and some tie-ins still to go, but I may actually need some help with some basics here. Is there a primer resource to help suss this out?

It's definitely Morrison-esque in terms of call backs to past events and long forgotten characters (who ever thought Nightmaster would show up again). I'm sure ComicsGAF can help you out.

Wanderer5

Detective Comics is so good right now. This is shaping up to be a legendary run.

I picked up the 3rd trade that deals with Cassandra and the League of Shadows recently, and this has really been highly enjoyable. Kind of tempted to catch up, but I probably wait by the trades for now (except for issue #1000 when that comes around).

But then I read some Batman issue where the Batman and
Flash merged into the Batmobile or something and that lost me. Like what now? Was this in a different multiverse? So confused

Yes. The Metal one-shots (Red Death, Murder Machine, etc.) are the origin stories of the evil Batmen. So those issues take place before Metal in the various Dark Multiverse worlds that those Batmen come from.

Vic_Viper

There's a great Claremont interview on today's X-plain the X-men. Apparently he wasn't too thrilled with the Scott and Emma relationship lol.

Speaking of the Metal Tie ins, it seems like I should read the crossover in Teen Titans and Nightwing after reading Metal #3, John Snow Nightwing was so sick.

There's a great Claremont interview on today's X-plain the X-men. Apparently he wasn't too thrilled with the Scott and Emma relationship lol.

Speaking of the Metal Tie ins, it seems like I should read the crossover in Teen Titans and Nightwing after reading Metal #3, John Snow Nightwing was so sick.

Can't wait to listen~

The 100th episode one was very eye opening and just reinforced my thoughts that Kitty should've been the X-Man to be "revealed" as bi.

Can't wait to listen~

The 100th episode one was very eye opening and just reinforced my thoughts that Kitty should've been the X-Man to be "revealed" as bi.

That makes a lot of sense just thinking about it. Thing is I'd think we need more gay men in comics. I like Emma and Scott, more then I like Jean and Scott.

Fucking Jean, man.

VeeP

I did wonder about that-was it literally referencing
Brother Eye
?

Also the future Damien was the same look as the future Damien from Morriosn’s run.

Man when they showed
future Damien that issue. I literally went oh shit lmao. Speaking of future Damien I think Snyder’s Final Batman arc is about him.

Some Nobody

Darkseid Baby is something that spun out of the Darkseid War that capped off the N52 era.

Nth Metal is just the stuff that Hawkman and Hawkgirl's maces are made out of, and the harnesses that they attach their wings to.

Time travel comes from Final Crisis/Return of Bruce Wayne, where
Bruce was believed killed by Darkseid after he took over, only to be transported to the past where he basically skipped through time by inhabiting the bodies of his ancestors

The dark multiverse though? That's a creation that's brand-new, just for Metal. It's the inverse of the multiverse, where things just always seem to take the worst possible outcome. Someone else suggested that they're events that occur in our world, but once the "right" decision is made and things averted, the world phases away. All the Batman minis are just stories about the dark multiverse.

I hope that helped a bit.

Claremont's a great writer, but he always made Scott look like a chump. Wolverine was always two steps away from stealing Jean, and even after Jean died Scott's "answer" was going to Alaska and marrying a chick who looked exactly like Jean in one of the creepiest things in pre-90's comics.

There's an interview somewhere where he talks about how he could see Jean as the Phoenix getting together with Wolverine at the end of time and the passion of their love would reignite the universe, or some such silliness. Meanwhile his plan for Scott was...what? Lol.

He's the master of all things X-Men, but in THIS particular case..maybe fall back a bit? Scott and Emma made each other better both in-universe and as characters.

Man when they showed
future Damien that issue. I literally went oh shit lmao. Speaking of future Damien I think Snyder's Final Batman arc is about him.

Nah, Snyder's "final"(as in the story set in the future at the end of his Batman's life) ASB arc is about a young Bruce waking up in a post-apocalyptic wasteland/Gotham with a talking Joker head next to him. Probably a clone.

Morrison is using old Damian for Arkham Asylum 2 though.

Vic_Viper

That Black Panther trailer is so meh

It was alright, not as good as the first trailer but I liked it. Looks like its gunna be a
who should be the king
story. Think I saw like 3 different costumes lol.

Wonder how they got the guy playing Klaw to actually cut of his arm IRL for this role.

Top Bottom