• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Darkseid Baby is something that spun out of the Darkseid War that capped off the N52 era.

Nth Metal is just the stuff that Hawkman and Hawkgirl's maces are made out of, and the harnesses that they attach their wings to.

Time travel comes from Final Crisis/Return of Bruce Wayne, where
Bruce was believed killed by Darkseid after he took over, only to be transported to the past where he basically skipped through time by inhabiting the bodies of his ancestors

The dark multiverse though? That's a creation that's brand-new, just for Metal. It's the inverse of the multiverse, where things just always seem to take the worst possible outcome. Someone else suggested that they're events that occur in our world, but once the "right" decision is made and things averted, the world phases away. All the Batman minis are just stories about the dark multiverse.

I hope that helped a bit.

Big help. Particularly knowing the Batman minis are just Dark-verse tales as I felt I was missing some panel explanation and kept presuming they are linked directly to canonical real-time. Thus my confusion.

Some Nobody

That Black Panther trailer is so meh

Went ahead and finally saw this, and I can now confidently say this is false. Man, I don't even like Black Panther (I know, I'm a bad black person) but that trailer looked amazing. Exponentially superior to that bland-ass Justice League trailer that's literally just the Justice League against a generic background of flames fighting wack-ass grunts.

Man. I like DC more than Marvel, clearly. It doesn't make sense that they can't get their film division together and make a decent one.

Nah, Snyder's "final"(as in the story set in the future at the end of his Batman's life) ASB arc is about a young Bruce waking up in a post-apocalyptic wasteland/Gotham with a talking Joker head next to him. Probably a clone.

Morrison is using old Damian for Arkham Asylum 2 though.

I thought that got cancelled and ASB had ended after First Ally ? There's no future issues up on Comixology and I don't remember seeing it in the Solicits for the next few months.

I did wonder about that-was it literally referencing
Brother Eye
?

Also the future Damien was the same look as the future Damien from Morriosn’s run.
He has to be. It's the only thing that makes sense.
If Tim's whole thing is that he constantly planned for every contingency. Isn't that what Brother Eye helped Bruce do? I can't imagine what else he'd be referring to. Plus Tim utilizing a top-tier A.I. makes all the more sense due to Tim's tech skills.

I'm more interested in what Stephanie did. Tim's been hunting her, as there's a comment about how the Titans can't protect her anymore. I love the callback with Tim and Anarky, being that Anarky was Tim's first villain he took on solo, so they've always had a rivalry. Kate and Tim most likely had a falling out based on her relationship with her dad. My guess is that she suggested that the Batmen take over in Bruce's place, to which Tim refused. I mean, it's not just Kate that was banned from Gotham based on Pax Batmana. It's the whole Colony.

It's really interesting where Tynion is going. I've never been more excited for a storyline to pan out.
That's some Coates/Stelfreeze shit with the suits.

Mindwipe

So, this DC Crossover sale on Comixology... The Planetary/Turtles/Hannah Barbara are already set, but... what else is good here? Like, are the various Dark Horse ones (Aliens, Predators, etc) worth a chuckle? The Shadow one? The Power Rangers one? Whatever Deathblow is?

Everyone seemed to quite enjoy Power Rangers (though it's barely on sale tbh). I remember from my youth some of the Aliens one is pretty decent.

Ross61

Went ahead and finally saw this, and I can now confidently say this is false. Man, I don't even like Black Panther (I know, I'm a bad black person) but that trailer looked amazing. Exponentially superior to that bland-ass Justice League trailer that's literally just the Justice League against a generic background of flames fighting wack-ass grunts.

Man. I like DC more than Marvel, clearly. It doesn't make sense that they can't get their film division together and make a decent one.
They both had great trailers

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

That's your opinion and I have mine.

Flow of the trailer was completely off, and the song choice was terrible.

Vic_Viper

Just one more reason to not give a shit about Claremont I guess.

From the interview it sounds like he was pretty salty after all the editorial demanded changes, atleast with Jean. I dont know the timeline in the X-Men canon, but I guess after Dark Phenoix saga the editors decided that Jean was dead. So he married Scott with Madeline until the editors decided they were bringing Jean back and hadnt even told him until the last minute lol.

Then after he left it seems like he hates whats been going on with Jean. Especially Morrison having Scott hook up with Emma and cheating on Jean "mentally", and he really doesnt like the new young Jean being here still.

Hell Yes! I was just listening to an interview with Remender from like a year or 2 ago about him writting the script for the show.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Dove into the Hickman rabbit-hole this weekend. Started the long Secret Wars epic with Secret Warriors and am about to move into Dark Reign FF and so on... have a long road ahead, but so far I am loving this. Seems I have some good fun reading ahead of me.

Owzers

I ordered the Harley holiday figure to make up for the statues hair problem. Figure looks silly which I kinda like and the superhero Harley is my favorite figure atm so it will look good as a combo.

Apologies for the BC link but they have a large preview for the upcoming Akira box set.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/1...s-35th-anniversary-complete-akira-right-left/

ITV1DP6.png

Vic_Viper

Out of Action Comics and Superman, which is considered the better Superman book out atm and what is the difference between the 2?

Top Bottom