• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
kun aguero saved argentina from shame and messi continues to be useless on his national team. bolivia did great though.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Marcelo Martins is a choke...he went one on one with the argie GK and failed to shoot.
Dumbass.

rodvik

Bolivia, we salute you. Great courage. It could have been 2-1 but a draw is a really good result.

Can we sign their keeper?* :)

*Aston Villa

SamuraiX-

Holy shit.

I was out for the first 75 minutes of the match. Came back just to see Argentina strike the equalizer. Was shocked to see it was 1-0 Bolivia before that though. lol

What happened? Bolivia played great D or Argentina screwed up their chances on offense?

K1LLER7

rodvik said:
Bolivia, we salute you. Great courage. It could have been 2-1 but a draw is a really good result.

Can we sign their keeper?* :)

*Aston Villa

Think real madrid want entire bolivia team just to stop messi

MPW

jett said:
kun aguero saved argentina from shame and messi continues to be useless on his national team. bolivia did great though.

if only argentina could borrow xavi and iniesta

rodvik

SamuraiX- said:
Holy shit.

I was out for the first 75 minutes of the match. Came back just to see Argentina strike the equalizer. Was shocked to see it was 1-0 Bolivia before that though. lol

What happened? Bolivia played great D or Argentina screwed up their chances on offense?

Boliva hunkered down at the very end but for most of the match they really played a decent wide game. 5 shots on goal versus Argentina's 7 so it wasnt a one way game at all.
Their defence was just happy to go at Messi and Argentina's attack and get the ball off them. Which they did rather well.

Kinda amazing actually.

Altazor

LOL Martins, you goddamned choker.

Kudos to Bolivia, though. I never thought they'd be able to manage a tie against an absolutely superior (on paper) Argentina. Hell, they could've won this one.

Again, LOL Martins.

and yes, Agüero's goal was a thing of beauty

K1LLER7

imo, starting levezzi (if thats his name) ahead of aguero/higuain was kind of wierd given their quality. The team Argentina had on towards the end was probably their best.

Oh and their defence sucks :)

dschalter

KidA Seven said:
Not sure why Aguero didn't start. Also, Messi is playing far too deep.

This same Bolivian team lost to Mexico's u22 team.

messi playing deep is fine, that was not the problem.

dschalter said:
messi playing deep is fine, that was not the problem.

I think it was. He's essentially being asked to play his role for Barca but dropping down deeper. It's not allowing him to deliver goals. Reminds me of the way Maradona used him. I still think he had a great game. I just think Argentina would benefit from him not dropping so deep.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Checho is saying in the press conference the team played vertically and not to the sides because he doesn't want to play like Barcelona.

Uh, didn't he say a few months ago that he wants to play like Barcelona and that Barcelona played like the Argentina of yore?

Bulzeeb

Niks said:
Awesome OP.
Go Colombia!
hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

my thoughts exactly =/ anyways I was hoping for Bolivia to win but a draw is still good in my book, yeah I like to root for the underdog :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ololol Messi

mediotiempo said:
“Fue un gol raro, de mierda, y se hizo más complicado el partido”, expresó Lionel al salir de los vestidores en el Estadio Ciudad de la Plata, cargando el trofeo como mejor jugador del partido, mismo que recibió con cierta inconformidad

"It was a strange goal, shitty, and that complicated the match more", said Lionel when coming out of the locker rooms of stadium Ciudad de la Plata, carrying the trophy for most valuable player, which he received begrudgingly."

Do they teach this attitude at La Masia too?

dschalter

Regulus Tera said:
ololol Messi

"It was a strange goal, shitty, and that complicated the match more", said Lionel when coming out of the locker rooms of stadium Ciudad de la Plata, carrying the trophy for most valuable player, which he received begrudgingly."

Do they teach this attitude at La Masia too?

he sounds like a slightly more vulgar xavi.

mozfan12

Banned
Of course everyone will be talking about how bad Argentina played, but Bolivia put on a damn fine performance. It also not like they put eleven men behind the ball for ninety minutes, they tried keeping possession when they could and even made some nice plays but their finishing is terrible.

Honestly Argentina was incredibly disjointed, there was no cohesion between the defense, midfield, or the offense. The defense is also a joke, there were shaky even with the smallest amount of pressure. They also can't defend a counterattack to save their life. Should be interesting if they face someone like Cavani or Sanchez in the later rounds.

I like Lavezzi, but it still was a WTF choice over Kun. Di Maria also needs to be a starter.

PS: Bolivia also gave me a little hope that the Mexican team can at least make a decent performance in the tourney.

mozfan12 said:
PS: Bolivia also gave me a little hope that the Mexican team can at least make a decent performance in the tourney.

8 of the players from the u22 squad is out. Not the same team that beat Bolivia. It's now a u20 team with 5 overage players. I hope for the best, but I'm expecting the worst.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
neoanarch said:
Messi didn't touch the ball for almost 15 minutes after HT. Kind of amazing.

Defenders in Spain are shit. Barcelona in South America would still be champions, but they wouldn't win by huge margins the way they do over there.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Regulus Tera said:
Bolivia also complicated the race for the third places with this result.

this is the same bolivia team that got pwned by Mexico with score of 1-0
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom