• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regulus Tera said:
Defenders in Spain are shit. Barcelona in South America would still be champions, but they wouldn't win by huge margins the way they do over there.

I think Santos has this years CWC in the bag.

See what i told you, Messi sucks ass without his barcelona teammates, Argentina is better without Messi, but hey don´t mind me all I know is that Uruguay or Ecuador will win because Brazil is not a top tier in this cup.

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
See what i told you, Messi sucks ass without his barcelona teammates, Argentina is better without Messi, but hey don´t mind me all I know is that Uruguay or Ecuador will win because Brazil is not a top tier in this cup.

Argentina better without Messi? lulz

I thought he had a good game, just not up to his ridiculous level he usually plays at. They need to use him the right way.
-He's dropping far too deep. He's not receiving the ball at the penalty area.
-The midfield has to perform slightly better.
-He has to get by 7 players just to score.
-Another thing is that Argentina as a whole need better movement to drag defenders.

These are some highlights from Messi today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X69hiWHBFoQ&feature=player_embedded

keit4

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Defenders in Spain are shit. Barcelona in South America would still be champions, but they wouldn't win by huge margins the way they do over there.

lolno, if Messi sucks is because

sucks ass without his barcelona teammates

and not because the bolivian defense was great.

BTW, I couldn't see the complete match yesterday. Copa América = B-tier football.

MaliciousScript

Neo Member
This match on a whole was disappointing Argentina started off great then slowly fizzled out. They showed some great positioning at times, as compared to Maradona's team who ran around to field like some headless chickens for 90 mintues, but this team honestly needs to find its own style and stop trying to emulate Barca.

keit4

Banned
jamesinclair said:
So because you personally couldnt be bothered to turn on the TV, the tournament is B-tier?

fascinating.

i couldnt see the complete match because i was falling asleep. It was boring as hell. Argentina played below expectations and call Bolivia "mediocre team" is a compliment.

Btw, i hope Brazil and Uru help me to change my mind.

clemenx

Banned
arnoldocastillo2003 said:
Lol, I share the opinion that Xavi and Iniesta are way more important for Barcelona than Messi but he's still the best player in the world and to say any team is better without him is ridiculous.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
jamesinclair said:
I think Santos has this years CWC in the bag.

Ganso and Neymar are leaving, so I don't believe so. The South American teams have a big handicap due to the calendar of the CWC.

rodvik said:
You know Argentina played better when Maradona was coaching them.

There, I said it.

AFA should stop playing stupid and hire Marcelo Bielsa again or at least Carlos Bianchi. This team should be dominating international football under a good coach.

Niks

Last nights draw benefits Colombia?
hopefully Costa Rica will not be as tough as Bolivia was to Arg.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Niks said:
Last nights draw benefits Colombia?
hopefully Costa Rica will not be as tough as Bolivia was to Arg.

colombia's defense is quite good but Costa Rica...dont expect anything jizztastic....their defense is quite bad sometimes so Im sure Colombia will pull through unless they choke like they mostly do when attacking.

Bulzeeb

Verano said:
colombia's defense is quite good but Costa Rica...dont expect anything jizztastic....their defense is quite bad sometimes so Im sure Colombia will pull through unless they choke like they mostly do when attacking.

this, it seems Colombia has a hard time when they reach the penalty zone

Noshino

Verano said:

I dont know how they are doing nowadays as I haven't been following them lately, but in the past the Colombia team has shown to be quick.

SamuraiX-

Wait, wtf?

What did Guzman (#8) from Costa Rica just get yellow'd for?

He was completely away from the free kick. Was he talking shit to the ref or something?

SamuraiX-

Holy shit.

That was awesome. lol

The entire Costa Rica line of defense ran behind the Bolivian offense right before Bolivia executed the cross off the free kick.

That made everyone offside. lmfao

rodvik

Is it me or is this game pace MUCH slower than yesterdays? Its winter and the crowd are wearing coats, so I dont think its the heat. These teams are just slow?

Bulzeeb

evilhomer said:
LOL my bad I live far too close to BC so I just spelled it out naturally for me :)

Don't worry, you are not the only one, it seems its common for people in the US to misspell it :p

Noshino

SamuraiX- said:
Red?!

Wtf is wrong with this ref?

Holy shit he's fucking card happy.

If Costa Rica didn't have a chance before...

look at the replay, that foul was nasty.

The red was deserved

SamuraiX-

Noshino said:
look at the replay, that foul was nasty.

The red was deserved

There wasn't anything intentional or malicious about it. He went for the ball and looked like he maybe got a toe on it.

Ref overreacted to their legs getting tangled.

The ref's spray painting the field now. lol

rodvik

All right this game is terrible. Its an afternoon kickabout with the weaker team already reduced by a player.

Clydefrog

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Niks

Embarrassing showing by Colombia. Costa Rica looks like a high school team.
Game should be 3 - 0 by now.

Regulus Tera said:
Ganso and Neymar are leaving, so I don't believe so. The South American teams have a big handicap due to the calendar of the CWC.

Many players have clauses in their contract that say they return to their old team for the CWC.

Did they not include this?

Bulzeeb

TheMan said:
weren't they good in the 90s when that dude with the blond fro used to play?

yeah they where good but back in the 90s, nowadays they are just mediocre at best, but now that I think about it the sub 17 team looks promising

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
piece of shit of a game. Colombia...bores the shit out of everyone..valen merrrrrga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom