• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulzeeb said:
yeah they where good but back in the 90s, nowadays they are just mediocre at best, but now that I think about it the sub 17 team looks promising

yeah, the sub-17 looks pretty good, should have a good team in the future

I just want to see Argentina pick off everyone and Mexico lose big.

Yes, I'm still bitter

At least our women's team is kicking butt! ha

Gamecocks625 said:
I just want to see Argentina pick off everyone and Mexico lose big.

Yes, I'm still bitter

At least our women's team is kicking butt! ha

We will lose big. This is like our u20 team + gio.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Been trying to find pictures of hot fans... but they are all clad in jackets and scarves and hoodies and crap.

Fucking winter.

Brazil vs Venezuela at 3PM Eastern Time. Paraguay vs Ecuador at 5:30.

MPW

Submarino Conversível said:
Let's see Brasil tomorrow.

less than 1 hour till kick off! hype!

BrazilFan1.jpg

Noshino

The Omega Man said:
that was a penalty, Venezuela got saved by the referee

It wasn't. Not only was it while he was falling, but also he moves his arm back so there is no intent.

This one was a great call, the one before (the yellow card one) wasn't

Salsa

Oh hey, couldnt find this thread

Argentina match was a freaking Joke, except for that amazing goal from Aguero.

But seriously, it was terrible, gonna wait to see Brazil, but we got this.

Noshino

SalsaShark said:
Oh hey, couldnt find this thread

Argentina match was a freaking Joke, except for that amazing goal from Aguero.

But seriously, it was terrible, gonna wait to see Brazil, but we got this.

Lol if you guys keep playing like you did yesterday, no, no you don't.

SamuraiX- said:
So. Much. Fucking. DIVING!

Ball off the shoulder.

No hand ball.

Yeah I take that back after watching the replay, I blame youtube and my small screen, and Canada of course for having no interest in showing this, at least in Montreal

The Omega Man said:
Yeah I take that back after watching the replay, I blame youtube and my small screen, and Canada of course for having no interest in showing this, at least in Montreal

Stream isn't even working for me lol

jett

D-Member
SamuraiX- said:
And yet at the half it's still 0-0.

lawlz

Yeah they seem afraid to shoot from medium range even. :p Still Brazil gave a pretty nice show the first 20 minutes. Venezuela's defense also looking pretty solid.

mozfan12

Banned
Brazil came out with pace and some really nice passing but Venezuela seems to have started to gain some stability.

The tournament has been far too defensive so far, which is expected due to the vast difference in quality between the squads. Hopefully it gets better soon.

I hope the ecuador v paraguay is at least decent, Paraguay plays some really negative football though.

SamuraiX-

jett said:
Yeah they seem afraid to shoot from medium range even. :p Still Brazil gave a pretty nice show the first 20 minutes. Venezuela's defense also looking pretty solid.

Yeah. I agree.

Venezuela's not getting enough credit. They're playing probably the best D they can.

But dear lord, are they ever absolute shit on offense. Their best bet is to keep it up with this defense and let this match end in a draw.

mozfan12

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
Yeah. I agree.

Venezuela's not getting enough credit. They're playing probably the best D they can.

But dear lord, are they ever absolute shit on offense. Their best bet is to keep it up with this defense and let this match end in a draw.
I honestly thought they had way too much respect for Brazil in the first twenty. They improved a lot towards the end, still shaky at times.

feel

Venezuela is not doing bad at all. The defending is
pretty solid, they just need to cross the midfield with the same kind of confidence.

edit- I'm in Venezuela, the locals I talked to this morning were pretty much all expecting a trashing by Brazil.

Kid Ying

Noshino said:
And the crowd earned mine by booing Robinho
I really don't know why Robinho is still on the Brazil team. The guy lives on the fame he made almost a decade ago. He wasn't the star at Real Madrid, Man City... Even when he came to Santos last year he wasn't the star.

A shame that if you make some dribbles, the press will try to sell you like the new Pele here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom