• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
For those whining, Neymar is an incredible player. He's just still not adjusted to the team. Kinda like Messi in the Argentinean team.

Salsa

Insane Metal said:
For those whining, Neymar is an incredible player. He's just still not adjusted to the team. Kinda like Messi in the Argentinean team.

Messi doesnt dive and plays the rules of the game like a fucktard. If Neymar was such a good player he wouldnt have to exploit that aspect to get away with winning.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
SalsaShark said:
Messi doesnt dive and plays the rules of the game like a fucktard. If Neymar was such a good player he wouldnt have to exploit that aspect to get away with winning.
Well today he really sucked, can't deny that =/

But I think people should give him some time before bashing him.

Salsa

Insane Metal said:
But I think people should give him some time before bashing him.

I dont bash him, he is indeed talented as fuck, i just cant even look at the guy after the stuff he pulls. Its a damn shame.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Kandinsky said:
Just saying he is way overrated almost as overrated as Uruguay team or something.
Do you watch his team playing (Santos)? Do you watch him playing? Or just the games with the Brazil team? Because as I said, he still has to show a lot of work with Mano Menezes, but in his team he's awesome.

He's still young and his career is already shaping up to be one of the greatest Brazilian players ever.

Salsa

Regulus Tera said:
I have no reaction image appropriate enough.

well hey, keep reading, he does, but not nearly as much

Kandinsky said:
Just saying he is way overrated almost as overrated as Uruguay team or something.

id3JuC.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
If Luis Suárez were in the USA team they might have not lost the Gold Cup final
haahahahahahahahaha yeah right

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Regulus Tera said:
Joke's on you, it's gonna be 5-1 in Chile's favour.

Are you under the impression that we are actually expecting to win this?

every sudamericanos or any CA spectator should ignore regulus tera, dude's a debbie downer and only pulls for the mexican team when they're doing good.
:D

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm gonna root for the team and I'll happily eat crow, but let's be realistic here. We are sending our C D team patched up with no previous play time by the back four. Our only real attacking threat is Dos Santos, and if they neutralise him they basically kill our goalscoring chances.

I'm of the opinion that if we sent the Gold Cup team we would have a chance for the first place, especially after the horrible debuts by the top two.

Kandinsky

Insane Metal said:
Do you watch his team playing (Santos)? Do you watch him playing?
Yes I have, the guy is decent at best.

Regulus Tera said:

Nice damage control there.

Regulus Tera said:

You should expect to win. If not, why would you watch the match?
And no, Chile has a really big issue, which is... THEY DON'T FUCKING SCORE!
Seriously... Our team has like... 20? Maybe more chances of scoring per match... Yet they score 1? 2? Sometimes none.

That's why just 2-0

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
iKeepPlaying said:
You should expect to win. If not, why would you watch the match?

I like Gio's skills and there are some exciting prospects in the shape of Édgar Pacheco and Mier. I just don't wanna overestimate the team's actual possibilities. A lot of these people have never played an international match before, and some of them even come from bottom-of-the-table teams at the Mexican league.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
SalsaShark said:
Regulus is rooting for us

smart man

I sympathise with Uruguay because I'm tired of Brazilian and Argentine dominance and Jorge Ramos is a nice commentator. Plus their football doesn't bore me to tears (sorry Paraguayans!).

Verano

Regulus Tera said:
I like Gio's skills and there are some exciting prospects in the shape of Édgar Pacheco and Mier. I just don't wanna overestimate the team's actual possibilities. A lot of these people have never played an international match before, and some of them even come from bottom-of-the-table teams at the Mexican league.

If it gives you any hope at all, Chile no reconocio la cancha unlike Mexico who did their practice as usual. whatev, the mission is to counter, attack, and score as well as mark Alexis and Suazo.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The defence is what worries me the most. The operación murciélago tactic seemed to work very well in the recent friendlies, but the whole scandal with the prostitutes ended with the destruction of our defencive line. Add to that that Marco Fabián was implicated as well and I don't see any possible way to set up counters for Gio to finish.

On one hand, mexico has done very well in copa america in the past.

On the other hand, Mexico has an under 20 team.

But look at how argentina and brazil AND Paraguay did...

94 minutes of defense could get mexico to phase 2. A single goal by gio could get them past that.

Verano

jamesinclair said:
On one hand, mexico has done very well in copa america in the past.

On the other hand, Mexico has an under 20 team.

But look at how argentina and brazil AND Paraguay did...

94 minutes of defense could get mexico to phase 2. A single goal by gio could get them past that.

pretty much this. Also, for me I think Mexico's game plan is to bunker like the nads and counter much more efficiently than them also keep the score sheet the same as well receive less or no goals.

Salsa

Regulus Tera said:
I sympathise with Uruguay because I'm tired of Brazilian and Argentine dominance

well, Uruguay is higher tier than Brazil as far as the Copa America goes, same with Argentina until they caught up with us.

Verano

Niks said:
4 matches, 3 goals, 2 groups and 1 shitty Copa America... kinda sad actually.

fixed!
well hopefully tomorrow's matches light up the mood.

JLG-

Mexico's starting XI for tomorrow:

Luis Michel, Aguilar, Araujo, Reynoso, Mier, Chávez, Enríquez, Reyes, Oribe, Giovani y Márquez Lugo

neoanarch

Regulus Tera said:
The defence is what worries me the most. The operación murciélago tactic seemed to work very well in the recent friendlies, but the whole scandal with the prostitutes ended with the destruction of our defencive line. Add to that that Marco Fabián was implicated as well and I don't see any possible way to set up counters for Gio to finish.

None of the defensive starters were involved actually. A few back ups but nothing that worries me too much.
http://www.fmfstateofmind.com/2011/...a-2011-squad-team-sub-22-prostitution-scandal

If the original squad was intact Gio would have come on as a sub and possibly starting against Uruguay. Gio will take Fabians spot behind the forward now. I want to see who they start in central mid which is where Jona will be missed. Mexico will play the counter up the left side mostly and try and get a good cross into the area.

Verano

JLG- said:

Luis Michel, Aguilar, Araujo, Reynoso, Mier, Chávez, Enríquez, Reyes, Oribe, Giovani y Márquez Lugo

thats a really defensive line-up.

JLG- said:

Who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who who, woot, and who?

Verano

jamesinclair said:
Who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who who, woot, and who?

I know right...but what sux is that Oribe is playing and not Davila. that mofo can beast it when given space and score.

Salsa

Btw el Loco Abreu premiered his own TV show the other day, lawl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaXmuMqUTdo

Special guests Suarez, Palito and others. It was great, second show was on today (with Cavani, Muslera etc). Now its in a halt and it'll continue after the Copa. El loco just has a tv personality, always did. He's the most likeable guy on the planet.

0302_abreu_afp_g-468x321.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
SalsaShark said:
well, Uruguay is higher tier than Brazil as far as the Copa America goes, same with Argentina until they caught up with us.

dude if you bring up that "Uruguayans have five world championships" thing next Imma go kick a kitten

Kid Ying

SalsaShark said:
Btw el Loco Abreu premiered his own TV show the other day, lawl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaXmuMqUTdo

Special guests Suarez, Palito and others. It was great, second show was on today (with Cavani, Muslera etc). Now its in a halt and it'll continue after the Copa. El loco just has a tv personality, always did. He's the most likeable guy on the planet.

0302_abreu_afp_g-468x321.jpg
WTF? Loco got a tv show? Damn. I guess he's really liked by the uruguayans.

I really like Loco Abreu. I don't like Botafogo at all, but when him or Herrera scores, i always chuckle. Those two are probably the awesomest forwarders in the planet.

Verano said:
I know right...but what sux is that Oribe is playing and not Davila. that mofo can beast it when given space and score.

Davila has potential. Also, he basically carried at that Toulon tournament. Watch out for Enriquez. He's like 6 foot something, but he plays defensive midfield very well. He's a good distributor and ball winner.

Oveja Negra said:
Chile will win, and that's all I'm going to say as a junior member whose account just got activated (it took like a year, damn it!!!!!!!! :D)

I've been reading gaf since 2004, made my account this year and recently got approved

First thing I got to add to this topic: VAMOS CHILE MIERDA!!

Noshino

Ostinatto said:
Chile will win tonight, 3-1.

i also think chile will win this tournament :D

Well, after seeing Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay play....let's just wait til we see Uruguay play before we say that every team does have a chance.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Hope Uruguay give us a decent match. This tournament has been a bore so far. Looking a lot like the last world cup.

DD

Venezuela played so cowardly yesterday. All the players on the defence and trying to keep the 0x0 til the end of the game, to force Brazil to advance even more, and then, only in the end of the game, they went up to try to win with 1x0. Also, they spent a lot of time to go to the field on the first and sacond half, and they came with a fight in the locker room agains the brazilian players.

All Brazil needed was one goal (to force Venezuela to go up), and other goals would come easily. But since Ganso and Neymar sucked a lot yesterday...

Neymar lost a goal simply because he CAN'T play with simplicity. The jerk aways want to make beautiful plays. Robinho is sucking for a long time either. Since 2009. But the worst player on the field was Ramirez. GEE!

Daniel Dantas said:
Venezuela played so cowardly yesterday. All the players on the defence and trying to keep the 0x0 til the end of the game, to force Brazil to advance even more, and then, only in the end of the game, they went up to try to win with 1x0. Also, they spent a lot of time to go to the field on the first and sacond half, and they came with a fight in the locker room agains the brazilian players.

Dude, really?

DD

iKeepPlaying said:
Dude, really?
Look, I do understand that these teams need to play very defensively and make use of the counter-attack to stop super offensive teams like Argentina and Brazil. It's ok to do that. If weaker teams don't do that, it's a rain of goals. But stay in the lockers room for 10 minutes more to cool down (I see this as a disrespect to the audience) the brazilian players in both halfs, and plant a fight there to force their opponents to loose their minds is outrageous. This is far from fair play...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
U maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Starting XI:

-------------------Luis Michel---------------------
Néstor Araujo---Héctor Reynoso---Hiram Mier
-------Darvin Chávez--------Paúl Aguilar------
---Diego Reyes-------------Jorge Enríquez-----
Giovani dos Santos---------------Oribe Peralta
------------Rafael Márquez Lugo----------------

Noshino

Daniel Dantas said:
Look, I do understand that these teams need to play very defensively and make use of the counter-attack to stop super offensive teams like Argentina and Brazil. It's ok to do that. If weaker teams don't do that, it's a rain of goals. But stay in the lockers room for 10 minutes more to cool down (I see this as a disrespect to the audience) the brazilian players in both halfs, and plant a fight there to force their opponents to loose their minds is outrageous. This is far from fair play...

You mean like when the Brazilians kept the ball in play while the Costa Rican player was ont he ground?....

Neither side can talk about fair play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom