• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Chile 2015 |OT| Olé, Olé, Olé, Chee-lay

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is funny to me , Mexico will embarrass themselves in Copa America so they can go
embarrass themselves in the Confederations .

Mexico typically does well in the Confederations Cup. 2013 was a shit year for the National Team. They were like a minute away from not qualifying for the World Cup (in CONCACAF) lol.

Anyway, I hope Colombia do well. I like their team.

Tecl0n

i should put an argentina flag. But we are not winning shite as long as gago is still starting, he is not even fit for boca reserves.

Khrno

We're so ready.

james-y-falcao.JPG

NolbertoS

As a Peruvian, disappointed that we're bringing old players to the Copa. I'm looking forward more to the Copa next year as seeing how CONCACAF will decide if a big Copa America will pay dividends and then we'll have a 16 team tournament.

Yep, Colombia and Chile pechearon in the WC. I don't see them winning.
It's either Brazil or Argentina and maaybe Uruguay.
Dunga made some pact with the devil to win games after the WC. Brazil is unstoppable now even with a bunch of random players no one knows.

Khrno

Yep, Colombia and Chile pechearon in the WC. I don't see them winning.
It's either Brazil or Argentina and maaybe Uruguay.

Brazil is not beating us again, we're getting the group's first place to meet most likely Uruguay in the quarter finals.

Brazil can go play Mexico, so they can get their revenge.

Blue Lou

Jamaica have just named 22 of the 23 players from the Copa America squad in the provisional Gold Cup squad. They don't anticipate going far in this competition, do they? Deshorn Brown is the player who misses out.

Bollocks

Excited, will be in Colombia next week (first time in south america).
what better way to experience Latin culture than fùtbol

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I wish it were 10 CONMEBOL plus 6 best CONCACAF like next year's Centenario. No one gives a damn about the Gold Cup and there's always a suprise CONCACAF performance in Copa America.

No one here cares, and we're still gonna wreck everyone.

Just a heads up.
This is the truth and you'll beat Argentina if you face them cause they always choke against you.

ty_hot

I am almost 24 years old and the only title Argentina won in my entire lifetime is Copa America 93'. Let's keep it that way.

I dont have a good felling about Brazil (our coach is shit, even tho we won all matches after the WC with him, 9 if I am not mistaken). We rely too much on Neymar, but I hope firmino might shine and lead us to victory (what a player he is).

Santiako

I hope that, if next year's Cup goes well, CONCACAF and CONMEBOL join forces to do the Copa América together as a regular thing.

Ostinatto

I hope that, if next year's Cup goes well, CONCACAF and CONMEBOL join forces to do the Copa América together as a regular thing.

That would be great !!!

tonight's match:

Chile 3 - 1 Ecuador

Ecuador scoring in the first couple of minutes, Header Goal, from a corner kick.

bone_and_sinew

WHAT THE FUCK, none of the Spanish channels have the tournament! Fucking BeIn Sports is going to show it in the U.S.

I can't believe this, I really can't. The oldest tournament in the history of the game, OUR tournament, and no one in the U.S. is showing it but a bunch of Qatari slavers. Half my life I've lived in the U.S. and it's always been on Univision or Telemundo.
Chucha de las madres de estos mama vergas.

Really? Of all the players?

Besides that, is anyone going to a game?
I had a summer vacation of Ecuador, Chile (obviously going to a few games), and Peru planned but I got torn asunder by taxes so I had to cancel it :(

I'm sure I won't have any trouble finding legal alternatives but it seems wrong that isn't on at least a little bit on free to air tv in the UK, especially when you consider the level of some of the other sporting stuff that gets shown on bbc/itv

bone_and_sinew

I'm sorry for the ignorant question but why isn't the USA in this tournament?
Cause they weren't invited. Copa America is a South American tournament but there's only 10 South American teams. Two more teams are invited so they can have 12 teams, allowing a quarterfinal round from a larger field.

It's a weak half-measure IMO. CONCACAF (North, Central America and Carribean Islands) started making up rules to send weak teams cause they want to prop up their own tournament (Gold Cup). So we either get weak Central American teams or a weird entry like Spain or Japan. They should just merge the tourmanents for a super-16 American tournament (which is actually happening next year) or do a quarterfinal round with a 10 team field.

v1lla21

is that stupid rule still in place, where mexico is forced to bring their b-team.
Lol your name.
Is it really a rule or are they doing that only because we have to play the gold cup this year too?

Ecuador is gonna tie the game up in the 87th minute. 2-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom