• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Chile 2015 |OT| Olé, Olé, Olé, Chee-lay

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Ecuador are rubbish, they're gonna get skeeted. They only have like, 3 players that could make Chile's squad.

alterno69

Banned
This is funny to me , Mexico will embarrass themselves in Copa America so they can go
embarrass themselves in the Confederations .
It's pretty ironic, they want to go to the confederations cup, where they could face the winner of this cup, the european champion and average teams from every other region. So they neglect this cup where they will face one of the strongest chilean teams in decades, and coul face Colombia, Brazil, Uruguay or Argentina.

Pretty stupid IMO, it was awesome when Mexico used to take it's best players to this tournament, i still remember the amazing cup they did in 93.

Fuck Concacaf and Femexfut

DominoKid

]It's pretty ironic, they want to go to the confederations cup, where if they could face the winner of this cup, the european champion and average teams from every other region. So they neglect this cup where they will face one of the strongest chilesn teams in decades, and coul face Colombi, Brazil, Uruguay or Argentina.[/B]

Pretty stupid IMO, it was awesome when Mexico used to take it's best players to this tournament, i still remember the amazing cup they did in 93.

LOL FMF LOL

or typical FMF

trOOly

Neo Member
It's pretty ironic, they want to go to the confederations cup, where if they could face the winner of this cup, the european champion and average teams from every other region. So they neglect this cup where they will face one of the strongest chilesn teams in decades, and coul face Colombi, Brazil, Uruguay or Argentina.

Given how "close" our continental confederations are, I'd say it's time for CONCACAF and CONMEBOL to join forces to battle the evil future lying ahead with Platini or one of his puppets leading FIFA. It'd also stop this Copa de Oro bull-crap that only gets interesting when Mexico and the US face each other.

bone_and_sinew

Messi might be the best I've ever seen but Batistuta is my personal favorite

bati-1.jpg

What a legend

I forgot Cholo Simeone was on that squad too

6CF57156B.jpg

HabeeNo

I'm Brazilian, but I'm thinking about rooting for Chile. These clowns from CBF deserves another 7 x 1.

Also Brazilian, and also rooting for another blowout, since the last one did get Marin out of CBF.

I like the colombian team, would be cool if they won

alterno69

Banned
Given how "close" our continental confederations are, I'd say it's time for CONCACAF and CONMEBOL to join forces to battle the evil future lying ahead with Platini or one of his puppets leading FIFA. It'd also stop this Copa de Oro bull-crap that only gets interesting when Mexico and the US face each other.

Not going to happen, Concacaf would win nothing with merging with Conmebol, outside of Mexico and the US the rest of the teams would probably not make it to the world cup very often.

Its a south american tournament. Mexico and Jamaica were invited.
Next year, the US will play.

Has to be said that the Copa America Centenario is in question with the turmoil at FIFA HQ.

And considering a dozen execs across CONMEBOL and CONCACAF are currently or soon will be in jails in America or Switzerland.

Not going to happen, Concacaf would win nothing with merging with Conmebol, outside of Mexico and the US the rest of the teams would probably not make it to the world cup very often.

Yep. The Caribbean and Central American teams would be screwed in a CONCACAF/CONMEBOL merger.

Which might be a reasonable negative for the US and Mexico, but their votes would be overruled by the smaller nations most likely.

trOOly

Neo Member

I'm thinking more on the political gain, but I'm sure CONCACAF would also win in competitiveness. Having the Copa Libertadores being disputed by American teams as well as Mexican ones or having an intercontinental tournament would be amazing.

As for the World Cup spots, having a Latin American running FIFA would surely prevent North America of having any losses in that regard. Having Platini though is too much of a risk. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns the World Cup into a broader version of the European Championship.

bone_and_sinew

CONCACAF and CONMEBOL should not merge for World Cup qualifying, it's understandable.

But they definitely should merge for Copa Libertadores and and Copa America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom