• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's launching $1 mozzarella sticks nationwide sometime in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

Trying to appeal to my inner cheese-loving Wisconsonite, eh? I'll probably give these a shot - not expecting much though.

Aselith

It's GAF's most popular meme.

Ah of course lol

574.jpg

Apt101

I was hungry as hell while just getting over a stomach bug, McDonald's was the only place open near me. They didn't have these, so I ordered a quarter pounder. It was raw. Not like pink, straight up raw. At least the fries were good.

rpmurphy

Not as well seasoned and less breading they're more like the boxed kind of mozzarella sticks so definitely not as good.

I don't remember exactly what Arby's mozzarella sticks are like but they did not leave as bad an impression on me as the McDonald's mozzarella sticks.

Arby's completely blows them out of the water. Night and day in terms of size and taste.
Interesting, thanks. Arby's are a bit pricy for what they are, but totally worth it when you have coupons.

border

Interesting, thanks. Arby's are a bit pricy for what they are, but totally worth it when you have coupons.

The pitfall of Arby's mozzarella sticks is probably the same as any fried item you get at a fast food restaurant -- they're awesome if you get freshly cooked ones, but bad or mediocre if you get ones that have been sitting around for an hour or more. It's relatively easy to get fresh French fires or onion rings, but mozzarella sticks are ordered so rarely that there is a higher likelihood that you will get old garbage.

Etzer

Pretty sure McDonald's in Puerto Rico have had these for YEARS. They're not that great.

Edit: Oh my God, I can't believe I recognized that picture instantly. lol

I was hungry as hell while just getting over a stomach bug, McDonald's was the only place open near me. They didn't have these, so I ordered a quarter pounder. It was raw. Not like pink, straight up raw. At least the fries were good.

Here he is guys, that poster that has that McDonalds food is soo bad one time..... story in evey McDonalds topic.

As a vegetarian I have eaten more at McDonald's in the past month than I have for the past two years. Egg McMuffin all day, every day! So, this news of having an additional item I can buy is very much welcome.

All this talk of Arby's mozz sticks, but no mention of White Castle's? I actually like White Castle's mozzarella sticks the best.

RDreamer

Oh wow didn't know this was just a Wisconsin thing now. They've got billboards and shit everywhere here advertising them.

AudioEppa

Haven't been to McDonald's in over 3 years and this will not change that. They look like regular mozzarella sticks you can find at any grocery store, local joints can definitely make better than what I'm seeing in those pictures.

way more

is there a return of the burger in LA? I've never heard of it.

There are but they don't like to spread their information around. You know, with those Anthony Bourdain and other food shows looking for them. I'll give you a heads up if you look like a real L.A. person.

Xia is always reporting these stories but has he had experience on the field? in the shit doing the dirty work?

you gotta try them mozza sticks and let us know if you kept it in your body.

Goo

Dollar tree sells seven or eight frozen cheese sticks per package, I would think McDonalds could give a few more. I'll try them, I'm a sucker for snack foods.

Giolon

I hope they're good. I've been sad since Jack in the Box dropped mozzarella sticks from their menu a few years ago. I always used to get the marina sauce to dip my fries and chicken strips in.

PaulloDEC

So as an Australian, what the hell are these things? Are they literally just pieces of deep-fried cheese?

Something about that just feels wrong. Like the way people in American fiction like to eat raw cookie dough.

Giolon

So as an Australian, what the hell are these things? Are they literally just pieces of deep-fried cheese?

Something about that just feels wrong. Like the way people in American fiction like to eat raw cookie dough.

Yes, breaded with seasoning. When done right, it's amazing. As long as they're hot. When they cool off they just get rubbery and soggy.

Pretty much. It's disgusting. Personally I've never tried them, I'd rather have something like potato wedges or that sort of appetizer at a restaurant.

I used to eat raw cookie dough as a kid. It's not really something a lot of people do but a lot of people like ice cream with bits of cookie dough in it.

way more

I mean, if Larry's Cheese Stick's is closed I guess this could be an option. I'm kind of a Mozz freak. If they can get them to me on time and not cold and covered in mole hair like most McDonalds orders this sounds great.

Dead Man

Bring them to Australia and you will get me back McDonalds. At least to buy the fried cheese. Damn I wish you could get them here.

They are awesome. So deeply unhealthy, but amazing.

Zoe

I loved the mozzarella sticks at Jack in the Box, but they got rid of them sometime over the past year (at least as a side with sauce) :(

fiction? pretty sure raw cookie dough is everyone's favorite thing that they can't eat very often.

also, many countries serve fried cheese

ihQLuIW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom