• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's launching $1 mozzarella sticks nationwide sometime in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
This is the exact opposite of what Mc Donalds should be doing.

I thought earlier in the year their CEO was talking about simplifying the menu. They seem very lost.

My local McDonald's got these in finally. I tried them and wasn't impressed. White Castle's cheese sticks are still the best from a fast food restaurant, hands-down. The McD's marinara was all right, nothing special. Again, White Castle is the clear winner for me.

My local McDonald's got these in finally. I tried them and wasn't impressed. White Castle's cheese sticks are still the best from a fast food restaurant, hands-down. The McD's marinara was all right, nothing special. Again, White Castle is the clear winner for me.

How they compare to Arby's?

How they compare to Arby's?
As a vegetarian I haven't been to an Arby's in over a decade and a half. So, I can't really say.

It's also worth mentioning that these set the bar high. Delicious breading, the right amount of cheese, and a slightly sweet marinara sauce that complements the sticks nicely.

2367370046_8297c9d2f0_z.jpg

I was psyched when I saw them the other day at the drive thru and ordered. Bland as can be, disappointed. Needs more spices in the breading or something. It's McDonalds though, I suppose.

atr0cious

. Needs more spices in the breading or something. It's McDonalds though, I suppose.
Maybe I had a different batch, because they were overseasoned nonsense with no cheese, and they had run out of sauce. But I can't stress how bad they tasted, just nasty and grainy.

hokahey

This is the exact opposite of what they should be doing. SIMPLIFY the menu.

They already have to a ridiculous extent. I don't go anymore because some of their healthier wrap options are gone. Simplification isn't key. Better tasting shit at lower prices is. Or just lower prices. No one wants to pay that much for garbage tier fast food.

painey

I thought McDonalds would be empty on New Years Day in a college town. I was wrong. Waited like 20 minutes for my order, never seen the place so busy. Sticks were alright. For a buck, I cannot complain, but I wouldnt go out of my way to get them. $2 for a McDouble and Moz sticks.. thats the ultimate drunk combo

Kemal86

They've been in my town for 2 weeks - at $1.39.

They taste really bland. The breading could use some seasoning.

LaneDS

I am not one to usually comment on fast food, but I tried these in a moment of weakness recently and that "marinara" is the most foul sauce I have ever tried.

psychotron

We've had them for a long time. It really depends on how they're prepared. I've had them flavorful and soft, and rock hard and shitty. Sounds like a dirty reference, lol.

The Beard

They've got to be crunchy. If they're soggy, I don't care if they're $.05, I wouldn't buy one.

Soggy mozzarella sticks are disgusting.

kirby_fox

Banned
They weren't bad, I think they taste decent. Not much zest though if you like that and they're small like Burger King. They have a garlic buttery taste to them I think.

I'd prob get them if I continued going to Mickey D's but I think if I'm looking for mozzarella sticks specifically I'm hitting up Arby's or White Castle.

This is the exact opposite of what they should be doing. SIMPLIFY the menu.

TBH, I think things like sides are okay, and these kinds of items are super easy to make since you just have to put them in the vat. As someone who once had to deal with the nightmare of McDonald's going off the rails with complex menu items and options, I approve of having an extra side as an option (since the only ones they really have now are fries and salads).

Sanjuro

These are pretty good.

It's like you went to a bar that doesn't normally serve food. Then that bar makes some for you, but says, "hey, we ain't so good at this. So we sprayed'em with salt kiddo. Enjoy!"

They are that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom