• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's launching $1 mozzarella sticks nationwide sometime in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-is-launching-mozzarella-sticks-nationwide-2015-11

Nov. 10, 2015, 2:52 PM

McDonald's is rolling out mozzarella sticks at its restaurants nationwide next year.

McDonald's US President Mike Andres announced the menu addition at an investors' meeting in New York City Tuesday.

The fast-food chain started testing the fried cheese sticks in Wisconsin this summer.

McDonald's said at the time that customers wanted more snacking options.

"Our customers told us they are looking for the ability to customize their meals a little more," a franchisee told Fox 6 in July. "People are snacking more often these days and looking for more options to create a right-sized meal for them. Mini meals allow them to do just that at an amazing value."

McDonald's is charging $1 for three mozzarella sticks.

VK6xqZDl.jpg

r6g00Vxl.png

This is the type of thing they should be doing. Some sort of fried food or sandwich thing for dirt cheap. Get the premium monster energy drink steak nonsense out of here

Dennis

Banned
I have never had a cheese stick.

Are these basically cheese logs breaded and deep-fried for extra carbs and oxidized fat?

This is the exact opposite of what they should be doing. SIMPLIFY the menu.

they tried moving in that direction. didn't help.

on the other hand, mozzarella sticks (and jalapeno poppers too now that i think about it) have been popping up at a bunch of fast food places i go to and they're generally pretty good value cuz cheap fried cheese tastes just as good as expensive fried cheese.

in b4 you only get like 3

it's literally in the op

McDonald's is charging $1 for three mozzarella sticks.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
McMozzerela has a nice ring to it, they should've gone with that

Maybe just McMozz

Sophia

They're not terribly great mozzarella sticks, but they're not terribly bad either. For $1 you could do worse. ><;

I don't know. I'm not sure I'd go to McDonald's and say "Oh I feel like some Mozzarella Sticks". It's a really weird item to have on their menu that's for sure, although I can't think of any other fast food restaurant that has them so maybe it'll help them stand out.

kris.

Banned
They had these a few months ago at this random McDonalds in town and I tried them and they tasted like crap and I'm pretty sure they were $2 at the time.

border

I've had them. They suck. Big surprise.

Maybe they're good if you get fresh ones, but chances are you're going to get mozzarella sticks that have been sitting under a heat lamp for 3 hours.

7-11 has mozzarella sticks too but I haven't tried them yet. I am curious whether McDonald's can make worse mozzarella sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom