• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 getting a sequel

1) Development of the sequel should be smoother if CDPR is smart enough focus on gameplay systems and mechanics since the setting itself don't need much work at all. NC is a brilliantly designed setting begging for much more robust gameplay/immersion mechanics to match. So all in all I'm optimistic about it.

2) With that being said, no one should pre-order the game.

Last edited:
I'm planning on replaying the first game once they rework the police AI and chase mechanics. Hopefully they will roll those updates out before years end. I am a fan of the genre and still think the game holds promise. I'm still pissed they launched the game in the state it was. I experienced more bugs and glitches than any other game I've played in my life. Multiple game and progression halting bugs.

Could be very cool, indeed. Give us more interiors with all these mega buildings and so on. I'm still kinda craving that for any open-world game to be honest. A decent map, that is packed with area's to explore. Alleys, buildings, sewers and so on.
Yup. So many locked doors in Cyberpunk. Just being able to go into all those shops and restaurants with windows you can see inside of (with said interior fully modelled) would have added so much to the game. I desperately want to believe in Night City like I did Liberty City and San Andreas all those years ago.

Either way, I am SUPER excited about this. It occurs to me that the only games I’ve truly enjoyed for years now are Fromsoftware and CDPR games. Suits me - I can fit that release schedule around my life nicely.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I'm planning on replaying the first game once they rework the police AI and chase mechanics. Hopefully they will roll those updates out before years end. I am a fan of the genre and still think the game holds promise. I'm still pissed they launched the game in the state it was. I experienced more bugs and glitches than any other game I've played in my life. Multiple game and progression halting bugs.

True, I'll jump back in if they fix all that. I don't want any half measures.

this is worst then even episodic games, cause its not like when you buy those Hitman episodes they are like "wait 1 year for NPCs to behave" or some shit. So I'll check back with it in a year or 2 to see if any of that was fixed.

Gamezone

Gold Member
how about they complete the first game?

jk im actually looking forward to it... it will look UNREAL in uNREAL ENGINE 5 pOWERED BY EPIC

Nah. The second game will probably be something closer to what we wished the first game was. It's been done before by CDPR. Look at Witcher 1 to Witcher 2.

Last edited:
Y6LqYD6.gif

Can't wait. The 1st game was incredible and Digital Foundry were a disgrace saying in saying was unplayable on base systems.
Did you actually play the game on launch? It has to be the most bug ridden and glitchiest big budget game ever released. The experience on base consoles was indeed unplayable. Entire sections of the game on the base Xbox One ran at low teen fps with spikes down in the single digits. A lot of people, myself included, encountered multiple game breaking and progression losing bugs. Have you ever taken a look at the patch notes? Go back and look at everything that has had to be fixed since launch and tell us if that reads like a game that was in a finished state. Even today the game contains unfinished systems that are currently being worked on (i.e. cop AI and vehicle-to-vehicle combat systems are being completely rewritten as we speak).

Last edited:

Del_X

Played the game for a few hours at launch. Enjoyed it but wanted to come back after it was more "complete." Played a little after 1.5 on XSX and enjoyed it but wanted to experience those rays traced. Got a 3080 ti/12900k setup and I can't stop playing. Best open world I've ever been in, great shooting, lots of density. Really hope UE5 works out. I just want more.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Cyberpunk handicap’s itself with bugs and glitches the sequel should learn from its mistakes overall.

Did you actually play the game on launch? It has to be the most bug ridden and glitchiest big budget game ever released. The experience on base consoles was indeed unplayable. Entire sections of the game on the base Xbox One ran at low teen fps with spikes down in the single digits. A lot of people, myself included, encountered multiple game breaking and progression losing bugs. Have you ever taken a look at the patch notes? Go back and look at everything that has had to be fixed since launch and tell us if that reads like a game that was in a finished state. Even today the game contains unfinished systems that are currently being worked on (i.e. cop AI and vehicle-to-vehicle combat systems are being completely rewritten as we speak).
Yes, I did and played it on my One X and also the XBox S. I also remember games like GTA V running at a crawl on the PS3 or FarCry 4, The Witcher 3 framerate was all over the shop on launch on the XBox One and never once did I see those classed as unplayable

If we had DF around in the days of Shadow of the Colossus, GoldenEye 64 or Perfect Dark 64, they've been branded as unplayable, piles of crap, instead of classics

Fuck yeah! Can't wait to see Night City in Unreal 5 with all its tech on show. No more RedEngine jank. They were just too ambitious for their technology.

Just hope they can deepen the hacking side of things and missions. I think they pretty much nailed the weapons.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Can't wait. The 1st game was incredible and Digital Foundry were a disgrace saying in saying was unplayable on base systems.
Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

Game was absolute garbage on last gen consoles. I hope this is a joke.

Piece of shit crashed my PS5 a few times when I played it at launch. Dropped it quick.

It’s pretty good now though. Will not buy any of their games on day one ever again, although that goes for most games nowadays.

Last edited:
Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

Game was absolute garbage on last gen consoles. I hope this is a joke.
If you have an SSD, game is not so horrible on last gen.

I wouldn't call it preferable way to play though, they nuked the NPC count even further than they had to to lot to solve streaming issues on hdd's and you keep the bugs and the low framerate at places.
Piece of shit crashed my PS5 a few times when I played it at launch. Dropped it quick.
I had like 20 crashes on Witcher 3. Easily. Most likely more, game was always crashing.

Cyberpunk 2077 was buggy but a lot of it was down to it's engine.

Last edited:

Trunim

I wonder how long this is gonna take. The fact that the Witcher 3 next gen update still isn't out yet is hilarious. Cyberpunk 2 will be out in 2030.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Please, no more Silverhand and no more Keanu. We're getting huge expansion with him next year. Enough is enough. Give us new characters and new stories. Edgerunners was amazing and IMO tackled cyberpunk themes better than 2077.
If CP Edgerunners story and characters were in CP2077 instead of what we got, it would of been a much better game lol

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
An open world game crashing... I never !!!
In hundreds of hours with other open world games on PS5, not one of them did what cyberpunk did to my PS5.

That thing was like a piece of Malware at launch, no joke. Sony were 100% correct to remove it from the store, QA team should be utterly embarrassed or whoever signed off on that releasing on consoles. By all accounts it was ok on PC, but all I can give is my own experience.

In hundreds of hours with other open world games on PS5, not one of them did what cyberpunk did to my PS5.

That thing was like a piece of Malware at launch, no joke. Sony were 100% correct to remove it from the store, QA team should be utterly embarrassed or whoever signed off on that releasing on consoles. By all accounts it was ok on PC, but all I can give is my own experience.
Funny that. I've had GTA V crash on me, not enough to make me hate it.
On launch Witcher 3 crashed and run like a dog on the XBox One and Drive Club was a bit of mess even crashed on my PS4.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Funny that. I've had GTA V crash on me, not enough to make me hate it.
On launch Witcher 3 crashed and run like a dog on the XBox One and Drive Club was a bit of mess even crashed on my PS4.
My experience was that it crashed about five times in about 90 minutes and I had to drop it.

I can forgive the odd crash here and there, but this was serial.

Game is great now however and I am looking forward to the DLC. I loved the Witcher 3 and am really interested to see what they can do with UE5 for TW4.

I don't hate the game at all or CD Projekt, but it certainly taught me some lessons about buying Day 1 and that we as consumers of games basically always win if you wait just a short amount of time after launch.

There are some devs like Rockstar, From Software, and a handful of others where in recent years I have not been able to help myself from preordering but I have had been burnt a few times.

I was very close to preordering Anthem at one stage, that was a HUGE bullet dodged lol

My experience was that it crashed about five times in about 90 minutes and I had to drop it.

I can forgive the odd crash here and there, but this was serial.

Game is great now however and I am looking forward to the DLC. I loved the Witcher 3 and am really interested to see what they can do with UE5 for TW4.

I don't hate the game at all or CD Projekt, but it certainly taught me some lessons about buying Day 1 and that we as consumers of games basically always win if you wait just a short amount of time after launch.

There are some devs like Rockstar, From Software, and a handful of others where in recent years I have not been able to help myself from preordering but I have had been burnt a few times.

I was very close to preordering Anthem at one stage, that was a HUGE bullet dodged lol
I had it crash once on the One X. I far more broken game would be the likes of Sonic 06 IMO and 22 FPS is not unplayable IMO

MiguelItUp

I'm actually pretty excited about this. I enjoyed the game for what it was, but a sequel would allow them to make an even better game and experience. So, hoping for the best.

They can’t possibly deliver at Witcher 3 levels of quality if they’re simultaneously making a Witcher and CP game. No way, no how. Something’s gotta give. Make whatever game you want, but prioritize the one that is coming out first. I really hope they’ve truly learned their lesson for why CP launched so badly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom