• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DALL-E 3 is live through Bing Image Creator

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Posting this here because I don't want to shit up the game concept thread.

Y8hZvE3.jpg

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
As I expected, this thing has a clear anglo-internettian bias/comfort zone.
I asked (in Italian) for “Victor Emanuel II knights Alessandro del Piero under the Mole Antonelliana” and it never got either the dudes or the building in four attempts. Just generic 19th century Italians in formal attire in a square with a Pantheon/Duomo of Milan pastiche in the background.

It’s now working on ”Darth Vader crowns Monica Bellucci on lake Como”. Something tells me I’ll get more accurate results this time.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

It's not bias, it's software and for the time being it only supports English. It's literally there as question 4 out of 7 in their FAQ on the main page:

04 What languages are supported?
At this time, Image Creator supports English language prompts only. We will support other languages in the future.

Gp1

I asked (in Italian) for “Victor Emanuel II knights Alessandro del Piero under the Mole Antonelliana” and it never got either the dudes or the building in four attempts. Just generic 19th century Italians in formal attire in a square with a Pantheon/Duomo of Milan pastiche in the background.

It’s now working on ”Darth Vader crowns Monica Bellucci on lake Como”. Something tells me I’ll get more accurate results this time.

It can't comprehend some more nuanced prompts too.
I tried it to create an illustration for the chapter "Dance of the Vampires" of Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising.

It basically got me a illustration for the Interview with the Vampire, with a neo Vitorian vibe with some communist symbology here and there.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't what Tom Clancy was writing about :).

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It can't comprehend some more nuanced prompts too.
I tried it to create an illustration for the chapter "Dance of the Vampires" of Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising.

It basically got me a illustration for the Interview with the Vampire, with a neo Vitorian vibe with some communist symbology here and there.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't what Tom Clancy was writing about :).
Yeah my attempts to create something akin to the battles in Red Rising created some cool images bit not what I was really going for.
q4AffQz.jpg

Biff

Is this broken for anyone else?

I tried creating an image yesterday. It said 3 hour wait.

Came back today and the image still isn't there, says "This one's on us, it's taking longer" or something. There is just blank squares in the Creation History. dafuq

Tams

Is this broken for anyone else?

I tried creating an image yesterday. It said 3 hour wait.

Came back today and the image still isn't there, says "This one's on us, it's taking longer" or something. There is just blank squares in the Creation History. dafuq

It's gone from less than a minute when Evilore created this thread to 30 minutes to an hour or even more as more of Joe Public have cottoned only to how great this is.

Microsoft have seriously underestimated the, at least intial, demand.

justonething

Jada's BFF
Now we've got this at such a high level, focus needs to be diverted away from this and put entirely on doing what they did for image creation to music creation. I desperately need it and wonder what's the hold up. Why can't the same principles be applied?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cant believe it actually made it. This was one of the searches i did at the beginning which it got stuck forever. It made it after all after a day as it showed up in the righthand margin. The query was simply "Earth 1,000,000 years ago" Not that smart as google says dinos disappeared 66M years ago. :)

Not bad though. Clusterfucky with too much shit in it, but the detail is excellent. You can see super small dinos in it too.

j2S84zO.jpg

Last edited:
qnXLoQS.png

kfqgjRN.png

got cut off for length, and had to edit out the word "shot"
Square just pointed a gun at themselves in the foot. I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being a jerk. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance. What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
It's weird that there is no cancel or clear option. My generator is stuck in an endless loop and there's no way to abort the process. Can't make a new prompt because the button says "creating", can't cancel the old prompt. Refreshing the page does nothing.

Site is literally unusable for me since yesterday.

It's weird that there is no cancel or clear option. My generator is stuck in an endless loop and there's no way to abort the process. Can't make a new prompt because the button says "creating", can't cancel the old prompt. Refreshing the page does nothing.

Have you tried closing the page/browser and reloading ? I had many images get stuck today but I managed to generate new stuff even if the old ones get stuck.

John Bilbo

Same.

Top Bottom