• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Film’s Jon Berg, Geoff Johns on Success of ‘Wonder Woman’ and Sequel Plans

VanWinkle

Darkness has NOTHING to do with the movies being failures though....

That bothers me a lot that they think this was the problem, and not horrendous writing.

"NOTHING"? No. The movie being too dark was CONSTANTLY brought up in the reviews. It was seen as one of the biggest negatives. Certainly wasn't the only problem, but I doubt they were going to say, "Oh, the writing fell short, and the editing was bad."

Pau

Honestly i'd love to see Zatanna, Canary or Hawkgirl(has to be the definitive DCAU version) on the League.
If Canary though i'd prefer the mature motherly version.
Latina Hawkgirl would be great! Zatanna would be the most interesting power-wise. Mera being a full fledged member would have been awesome as well. Water bending is a cooler power than Aquaman's set.

Johns: We’ve got a lot of plans for our female characters just because they’re great characters. There are many wonderful elements to the DC Universe, and one of them is that we have the best female characters, heroes and villains, in the world. No one is going to beat Wonder Woman and Batgirl and Harley Quinn.

Normally, this is just marketing speak, but yeah... this does track.

Latina Hawkgirl would be great! Zatanna would be the most interesting power-wise. Mera being a full fledged member would have been awesome as well. Water bending is a cooler power than Aquaman's set.

Oh Mera slipped my mind, yeah she'd be good as well.

Normally, this is just marketing speak, but yeah... this does track.

Yeah, Marvel had a decade to try but they really didn't.

Best Hawkgirl is from Earth-2:
geudp.jpg

Would love to see Hawkgirl in the Justice League.

That bothers me a lot that they think this was the problem, and not horrendous writing.

Well when most of the fanbase resort to it being Grimdark as the reason it sucks, I imagine it isn't hard for them to think that. However, unfortunate that it. Like the darkness, just wish it was a better film.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Just like Black Widow and Scarlet Witch are now "household names?" Or Vision? Or Hawkeye?
Black Widow certainly is moreso. Hawkeye certainly has had some more time to gestate as a member of the team. Scarlet Witch and Vision are still only side characters and relatively new ones at that.

Shooting Jimmy Olson in the face within the first 10 minutes ain't helping.

Falchion

I agree that DC has the best female characters. I just wish Marvel would open their eyes and make a good Black Widow movie.

Top Bottom