• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake - Are you buying at launch?

Will you be getting the Dead Space Remake at launch?

• Undecided

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Just curious to see who is planning to pick this up.

I'll be getting it day one on PS5 as I love these types of games. Plus it will be a late birthday gift for myself.

Isaac Clarke GIF by Dead Space

Despite loving Dead Space, the price of 67 euros for the PS5 version was a bit too much, I'm not that nostalgic.

But I actually got it for 36 due to a pricing error, so I can't wait to revisit this classic, now with 100% more Martha Stewart. If it sucks, I can sell it for at least 60 on the first couple of weeks past release...

Last edited:

WoJ

Yeah. I love the first Dead Space so want to support this. But I'm getting a bit more nervous about it as we get closer to release.

Ristifer

Nah. I’ll wait for a discount on this one. I love Dead Space, but the original trilogy (and CP) are plenty for me for the time being.

ShadowNate

Too expensive for me to buy at launch.
Also the original still plays ok on my PC, after a bit of tinkering with GPU settings, and is still great.

I hope this one also plays smoothly on my machine, but somehow I doubt it lol.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Undecided. Everything looks worse from what they've shown so far:
-Weird faces
-mah girlfriend - says the lady in the intro
-Sliding weird animations
-Clutter and too dark
-"we want you to have more control and be more immersed" and then they show how they changed dynamic gameplay cutscenes for real just normal cutscenes

Maybe a few months later. Already made the mistake by buying Need For Speed at launch day. Now you can get the game with a huge discount.

Will also happen with Dead Space.

Kacho

Nah I’m good. Doesn’t look impressive visually and not a fan of the creative changes they’ve made. I’ll stick to the original on PC if I ever feel like replaying.

Probably not. I absolutely adore the original game and am planning on replaying it when I'm done with Horizon 2 (in the next week or so), but I don't think I'll be paying $70 for a potentially buggy remake (since that's the age we live in now - release now, fix later). I'll wait and see how release goes.

Banned
after them proudly showing how they made an originally playable scene of the original into a cutscene, while in the same video stating they want to make the game more Immersive...

NO... FUCK NO!

the modern AAA dogshit gamedesign virus seems to have gotten ahold of it. if it's only contained to this scene then I might still get it, but if it turns out they changed more sequences in a way that makes them less interactive and more CiNEmAtiC™ then fuck those devs

Top Bottom