• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake - Are you buying at launch?

Will you be getting the Dead Space Remake at launch?

• Undecided

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aaron Olive

2v8o.gif
Nope!
1. Bargain bin cause it’s EA
2. I know the Story in and out PS3 Platinum.

Last edited:
undecided…

I enjoyed Callisto Protocol for what it is. I love Dead Space and I’m hoping this succeeds because I want more games in this vein. However, I’ll be busy playing MH Rise and can wait for a discount. I can only play so many games in a week (about 10 hours a week) that it doesn’t make sense to buy it and wait 3 months before I get around it. I’m sure it’ll have some discount (25% off the digital deluxe?) before April (my birthday)… we will see.

GenericUser

Nah, although I really want a new game. But I will hold on, until RE4 comes out. I found Dead Space 1 to be average at best. The cutter gun was the only really cool thing.

Barakov

No. I'd probably would've been in for $40-$50 but $70? Nah. Add in some of the weird artistic decisions they've made and I'll just wait for the price drop.

Hugare

No

I dont trust Motive to deliver. From what I've seen from videos, they got a lot of things wrong.

I'm a huge fan of the franchise. Have finished playing through DS 1 and 2 last week.

But I'm curious to see how they'll try to improve DS 1. That game didnt age as well as most people remember it.

DS 2 is still a goddamn masterpiece tho

Mephisto40

Was semi hyped until I saw the gameplay presentations, all the talk of them making it so it has no loading screens, only to find it does have loading screens but they are disguised as lifts and train journeys, plus the fact they have removed some of the gameplay of the original in favor of turning certain parts into cutscenes, has put me off somewhat

I'll probably play it when it's heavily discounted or free on Gamepass / PS+

Last edited:

CyberChulo

90% sure I will but will wait for general reviews. Although highly unlikely, I don't want this turning into another Calisto Protocol.

chixdiggit

Really liked it back in the day but not exactly crawling out of my skin to replay it either. Will wait for Game Pass.

FeralEcho

I am,Dead Space is one of my favorite franchises,I want to support the I.P. and I am really excited to get back onto the Ishimura for like the 10th time,especially with this new coat of paint.

Not at launch. I’ve already played the original so don’t see much point in playing the remake. I’ll wait it out until the end of the year when it’s dirt cheap.

Salz01

If I get it, it might be on pc because it being cheaper, and people will mod the game by reverting the changes.

I'm sure it's going to be great but no matter how great it is it isn't going to be remotely worth my $70.

I'll pick it up in October for $30 or whatever and play it during the spooky season.

MikeM

Yeah! Unless the reviews says the really fucked up!
Shader stutter haunts me.
I am tempted to wait until it hits Gamepass, but I absolutely love Dead Space. I think it's the best in the series, and possibly the best action horror game after RE4.
This mentality is probably why exclusive deals remain with Sony and not Xbox.
you get DS2 with the purchase of the remake?
Yes on Steam only tho.

Banned
This mentality is probably why exclusive deals remain with Sony and not Xbox.

well maybe you don't know this, but EA Play is part of Gamepass, and EA titles eventually come to EA Play...

so this is literally their own subscription service we are talking about here

amigastar

No, i'm not buying at launch, maybe when it gets cheaper. I'm not a huge fan of Horror games, i'm too much of a sissy to enjoying playing them.

Spaceman292

Banned
Saw the woke shit, it totally "canceled" my hype.
And beyond that, changing Isaac face to a clown, making his wife a fucking granny, putting some irrelevant lesbian, changing color faces without reason (the fucking ship is called ISHIMURA, why we wouldn't see ASIAN FACES in front of their ads ?), all of that is too much: I don't want to play a politic game neither support them.
And it hurts me as a massive Dead Space fan. I have to face the reality: beloved IP is... dead.

I will buy Callisto Protocol instead, game from the original devs.
You sound like a crazy person

Jaybe

I loved the original but I’ll play this on EA Play, Game Pass Ultimate, or simply pick it up for $15 sometime

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
DNo I’m not buying dead space remake at launch it doesn’t mean I won’t play it it scared the shit out of people back then and it will now.

Video Game Horror GIF by Dead Space

Nope!
1. Bargain bin cause it’s EA
2. I know the Story in and out PS3 Platinum.

Yup. Platinumed this and DS2 and 100%-ed them both on Steam.
Waiting on the sale, unless GAF impressions are favorable, but I won't be doing the launch. Callisto really fucked that up for me, and before that I had abstained from doing day 1s.
Not that Callisto is a terrible game, but my expectations weren't tempered enough...

Cattlyst

Probably an unpopular opinion but I just don’t ‘get’ remakes of games from a few generations ago. Like, there’s nothing wrong with the original on the 360. Probably cost less to get a 360 and a copy of the first game too. Grumble grumble. Yes I’m a Luddite curmudgeon.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Since I’ve played through the game twice already, I’m really looking forward to the gameplay changes, like the new system they’ve implemented which adds a bit of randomness to enemy encounters.

That’s potentially a huge game-changer for Dead Space, which typically relies on the player triggering each combat encounter, by performing a specific action or walking past a certain part of the level. Once you realize the game is doing this, a bit of spark is lost. You can like, inch-walk through a level, slowly waiting for an enemy to be triggered. That’s awkward.

This new method of gameplay will put us in that perilous scenario we crave, in which we are actually turning corners, aiming down sights in the dark, and watching our back intently, as we go through the levels. Now that’s how it should be done.

The best moments in a survival horror game are when you suspect you hear something in the dark, quickly aim down your sights, and slowly inch towards your objective, scanning the room, with your weapon raised, unsure of what might pop out from the dark, if anything is really there at all.
Oh - it was just a leaky vent causing that noise? Awesome.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'll definitely play it at some point but not buying it at launch.

After playing through the trilogy a few years back, I realized it didn't age as well as I had expected. The games play fine and look great but it's just monster closets on repeat. Not much meat to the games. I don't see the remake being any different considering it looks so similar.

Top Bottom