• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake - Are you buying at launch?

Will you be getting the Dead Space Remake at launch?

• Undecided

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
giphy.gif

hemo memo

Gold Member
I don’t buy games at launch anymore. Only the Nintendo titles that I’m interested in because I know it will not get discounted any time soon. The rest honestly is just a waste knowing it will get discounted so the wishlist it goes and 3 months in I can buy it at a discount. I’m not being cheap. It is just a balance of limited time, a backlog and the state of gaming. I mean if bored with my current selection I would just pay for PS+E/P or Gamepass.

ZoukGalaxy

Saw the woke shit, it totally "canceled" my hype.
And beyond that, changing Isaac face to a clown, making his wife a fucking granny, putting some irrelevant lesbian, changing color faces without reason (the fucking ship is called ISHIMURA, why we wouldn't see ASIAN FACES in front of their ads ?), all of that is too much: I don't want to play a politic game neither support them.
And it hurts me as a massive Dead Space fan. I have to face the reality: beloved IP is... dead.

I will buy Callisto Protocol instead, game from the original devs.

Last edited:

MikeM

I’m undecided if I’ll get it on PS5 or PC. I love DS so the idea of trophy hunting another platinum is appealing along with dualsense.

PSA: Preorder on Steam and get Dead Space 2 as a bonus.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Voted yes. Already have it pre-ordered at GameStop for Xbox Series X. Very much looking forward to the game especially since I never played any Dead Space game. Expecting this remake to blow away The Callisto Protocol and be between an 8.5/10 and a 9.0/10 for me personally. Hyped!!

Markio128

I only chose no because I need to save my pennies for PSVR2. Otherwise, I would buy it because I enjoyed the original.

Sleepwalker

The latest news about them firing a Christian employee cause they follow Libsoftiktok on twitter, made me reconsider. Not sure.
This doesn't have anything to do with EA or Dead Space though? Totally different companies lol

On topic;

I want to, but backlog is big and this will be in EA play in a year.

anthony2690

Banned
No, it's a little pricey for a remake, especially for games I already own and have never played XD

Maybe down the line, I'll see, if I fancy something different.

ZoukGalaxy

Some hallway poster in the ship now shows an asian dude instead of whatever white person it used to and Kendra's b00bs are also smaller. Somebody made a big deal about it in a different thread and now we hate the game for being woke, apparently.
That's actually reverse, they were asian/white.

Here the thread FYI. Not trying to convince anyone, it's just information, I'm not the creator, any opinion is absolutely fine. Do all what you want.

Personally I'm biased because I'm still mad about EA for closing Visceral Games. And seeing this is too much for me, that's an insult to the original content and original devs.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Maybe if it's gonna be hella good and everyone will be raving about it. Otherwise I'll wait for a sale.

I'm not exactly into paying 70 bucks for games I already played 14 years ago, except with some fancier graphics.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Undecided. It looks incredible, but id rather wait a few months til i get my pc, then buy it on xbox series x or ps5 where it will be compromised in someway (either lack of rtx or a low framerate, or having to trade off on resolution to get an unstable 60fps.

Drizzlehell

Banned
That's actually reverse, they were asian/white.

Here the thread FYI. Not trying to convince anyone, it's just information, I'm not the creator, any opinion is absolutely fine.

Personally I'm biased and still mad about EA for closing Visceral Games. And seeing this is too much for me, that's an insult to the original content and original devs.

Wait, what? Why? None of the character's sexuality was ever touched upon in the original, why would they make a point of making her gay?

This makes me wanna roll my eyes so hard because I can already picture the arguments between Kendra and Hammond having a gender angle, and possibly even portraying Hammond as incompetent and misogynistic man-pig, instead of being presented as a simple clash of personalities and narrative means to sow mistrust between the characters like in the original.

I guarantee that this is what's gonna happen in this stupid fucking remake, lol.

wipeout364

I just finished Callisto so am eagerly awaiting this. I really hope it’s it’s good, first game is one of the best survival horror games I’ve ever played.

ZoukGalaxy

Wait, what? Why? None of the character's sexuality was ever touched upon in the original, why would they make a point of making her gay?

This makes me wanna roll my eyes so hard because I can already picture the arguments between Kendra and Hammond having a gender angle, and possibly even portraying Hammond as incompetent and misogynistic man-pig, instead of being presented as a simple clash of personalities and narrative means to sow mistrust between the characters like in the original.

I guarantee that this is what's gonna happen in this stupid fucking remake, lol.
There no point to do that except for the sake of doing it to please 0,00000001% of humanity. Sexuality is totally irrelevant.

We'll have to wait if it's that far about Kendra/Hammond. Didn't think of that. That would extremely vicious from them to do something like this.

Also, why change the original black actor (Peter Mensah), older black is not fine for modern fucking audience ?
F8N3nQv.jpg

RfdSfmn.jpg

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Didn't even finish the first one despite really enjoying what I played. I guess may be later down the line.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I replayed DS1 and DS2 last year so I can wait for a deep discount on the remake
I finished them at launch and replayed DS1 sometime later. I’m kinda thinking if I replayed the game again on my Deck that I might not want to pay full price. At the moment I’ve got it paid and ready to preload. $70 I could put on a AAA title I want down the road. Then again the Dead Space hype might make me want it.

sainraja

I am kind of undecided. I guess it is a good thing I never got to finish it on release....and I forgot most of what I played (I think I got to middle half).

360 era games don’t need remakes. Also I don’t like the characters likenesses being changed so drastically; they all look worse.

I would’ve bought a remaster collection of all three Dead Space games a la ME Legendary Edition, but I ain’t shelling out $70 for one game remade with superfluous changes.

Last edited:
I am tempted to wait until it hits Gamepass, but I absolutely love Dead Space. I think it's the best in the series, and possibly the best action horror game after RE4.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I plan to play. I was wanting to play Callisto Protocol, but I am waiting for it to go on sale. I have a weird feeling CP might go on sale when this gets released.

Mossybrew

Nah I dont care about this game. The kinda thing I might pick up if its under twenty bucks and Im really bored.

Top Bottom