• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake - Are you buying at launch?

Will you be getting the Dead Space Remake at launch?

• Undecided

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

GymWolf

Nope. Didn't like the original game either.
786ll2.jpg

The Stig

I almost never do day 1. Too old. Burned too many times.

If it gets great reviews then I will. I LOVED DS1 and 2. I avoided the dumpster fire that was DS3

Valt7786

I'm in day one so far, unless it gets revealed to be trash, which i dont think it will tbh. Dead Space is one of my GOAT's and being able to play it again all shinied up with some enhancements, I'm all for it. Should keep me going until RE 4 anyway.

i'll say this: had this been handled the way that 2 other 2008 titles, bioshock & mass effect, were handled (parts of remastered trilogies), i'd likely be there...

Braag

There's a reason why Dead Space was shelved, in the end I feel like it was always a niche ip. There just doesn't seem to be much hype behind this despite it being Dead Space 1 with more stuff and much better graphics.
I don't think this is going to sell much at all and EA will most likely use its sales as a reason why SP games are dead and everything should be online or GaaS.

Arachnid

We've got a week bois. I've already got the deluxe edition preloaded. I'll share this here too:

Holy shit @ the damage system on the necros! The contact beam shredded all the meat off the bottom half of that necro leaving just bones and some rib cage, and that thing was still running at Isaac. This game makes RE2s damage system look last gen by comparison. The damage system also has a use to it. It functions almost as a health bar, kind of like Isaacs built in rig.

Last edited:
I was saying no… but fuck it, this might be the only chance of ever seeing anything new Dead Space related in the future. So I pre-ordered.

If there’s ever a DS2 remake or DS4 or something, I’ll be happy and pre-order that too.

My wish is that they’ll change the story subtly unraveling into a new direction. Making DS Remake 2 a brand-new game. But I doubt that’ll happen… they already spoiled the last boss in the trailer so it seems they’ll stick to the same story.

Top Bottom