• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake - Are you buying at launch?

Will you be getting the Dead Space Remake at launch?

• Undecided

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

OZ9000

Banned
Sadly, compared to true original Isaac. That's hurt.

wUixtBG.jpg

It was definitively an unnecessary change neither an improvement.
tvhJWsv.jpg

*sadness*
Doctor Who Reaction GIF
Downgrade in every way.

Not buying this game and certainly will not give EA a single cent.

Except the graphics, all the changes are for the worst. Also why the fuck would you replace Peter Menseh? He was fantastic as Hammond.

MikeM

well maybe you don't know this, but EA Play is part of Gamepass, and EA titles eventually come to EA Play...

so this is literally their own subscription service we are talking about here
Season 4 Episode 6 GIF by The Office

Still think its the overall mentality for Xbox owners tho who have GP that can hurt devs/publishers in planning exclusive deals.

RickSanchez

Pre-order ? Definitely not. Buying on or just after launch day, depends on what my trusted reviewers say. So many titles in 2023 that i am resisting the temptation to pre-buy:

• Dead Space remake
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Atomic Heart
  • Last of Us Part 1 on PC
  • Returnal on PC
  • Spider-Man 2
  • System Shock remake
  • Starfield
I'll wait for reviews for all of them.

The original trilogy was a damn near masterpiece (yes 3 was weird and had that broken weapon system but I still enjoyed it for what it was).

This... Looks like a bomba.

If some of the character/story changes people have hinted at are true... Well I wouldn't be shocked. Isaac's new character model is God awful (apologies to the person he's modeled after). Definitely not giving EA my cash but I will give the YouTubers who dissect the game some clicks.

GymWolf

The original trilogy was a damn near masterpiece (yes 3 was weird and had that broken weapon system but I still enjoyed it for what it was).

If some of the character/story changes people have hinted at are true... Well I wouldn't be shocked. Isaac's new character model is God awful (apologies to the person he's modeled after). Definitely not giving EA my cash but I will give the YouTubers who dissect the game some clicks.
There should be no change to the story other than some force inserted tertiary woke stuff.

Downgrade in every way.

Not buying this game and certainly will not give EA a single cent.

Except the graphics, all the changes are for the worst. Also why the fuck would you replace Peter Menseh? He was fantastic as Hammond.
That’s Issac? I didn’t know they changed Issac’s face model that drastically. I thought it was just a random guy at first when I first saw that model.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned

“DS3 was fine but this looks like ass.” lol

Just_one

I was going to buy it Day 1 but our house morgage just got a huge monthly bump (around 220€ per month) so this year im gonna stop buying so many games.

PS Plus extra has been great so i will keep to that with only 2 or 3 exceptions during the year

TastyPastry

nope but i hope enough people do so that we can get dead spac 2 remake/dead space 4 even though i worry what they might do to ellie in a DS2 remake

Rush2112

Banned
Not buying until I read some full, legit steam reviews. I dont trust people who get game copies in advance. There is a reason that they do.

A2una1

Nope, after Battlefield 2042 I will never buy a EA Game day one again. Although BF is pretty decent right now. And pretty cheap... ;)

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
That's actually reverse, they were asian/white.

Here the thread FYI. Not trying to convince anyone, it's just information, I'm not the creator, any opinion is absolutely fine. Do all what you want.

Personally I'm biased because I'm still mad about EA for closing Visceral Games. And seeing this is too much for me, that's an insult to the original content and original devs.

yep and they turned some in-gameplay immersive "happenings" into just cutscenes... because it's more immersive. what

rapid32.5

Changing characters' faces and going woke is a big no. Imagine if Capcom completely changed Leon's face in RE4 Remake, there would be a mob of fans with pitchforks standing outside the office.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Changing characters' faces and going woke is a big no. Imagine if Capcom completely changed Leon's face in RE4 Remake, there would be a mob of fans with pitchforks standing outside the office.
That word has lost all meaning to me.
Capcom has changed many of their characterss faces throughout the RE series multiple times.
True.
chris-redfield.png
chris-redfield.png
chris-redfield.png

NotAHero___2.0.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I mean, they already changed his face all the way back in Dead Space 2 and no one complained.
And his new face in DS2 was made to resemble his voice actor/performer. And they're literally bringing him back and making the character look like him again (while also making him look younger).

Was going to buy blind at launch but changed my mind. Need one of my trusted reviewers to give me the lowdown on details that have been changed. Remakes like this should not be full price anyway so I have the bonus of waiting for a sale.

skneogaf

I'm hoping modder put back the original actors in to this travesty of a remake as non of the impostors in this game are welcome or wanted.

FeastYoEyes

Kinda sorta related but has Motive detailed performance for consoles yet? I find it odd there's no like firm answers on whether there will be a 30 fps or a 60 fps mode or ray tracing.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Some of the animations in cutscenes look bad and that's something you can't expect from a project of this caliber. Not a fan of changes when it comes to Isaac and other characters which were in original game.

I'll trade in some PS5 games I don't need (cuz I own them now on PC) and get PS5 copy for like 1-2$.
I'm hoping modder put back the original actors in to this travesty of a remake as non of the impostors in this game are welcome or wanted.
If only Frostbite games were easy to mod.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Nope, I don't like the changes they've made to the characters and I don't feel the need to play this asap like when ME Trilogy was coming out.

CashPrizes

I wasn't going to, but I have a new PC on the way with a 4090. As long as it doesn't launch as a hot mess, should be one of the best looking games ever made, so will be good to demo the system with.

8bitpill

I'm a big fan of Dead Space. I still remember the hype before it was released in 2008 and looking forward to it.

With the original, the creator Glen Schofield of the game you could tell it was a passion project for him. I watched short documentary on it and it was genuine and you could tell he made his best effort.

With remakes today you don't know what you're getting. Are they going to change the story and character to fit current standards that these industries think people want. Are they going to switch the story because it isn't politically correct for the current social climate. As for the new studio handling the remake, they didn't have much under their belt. I was just hoping their personal views weren't going to muddle up the Dead Space Remake like a lot of other remakes.

I was on board for this regardless. Dead Space deserved more attention than it got. Dead Space was like playing Resident Evil for the first time in 1996.

I don't care for reviewers since everything seems money motivated with a majority game reviews.

MinorNegativeDiplodocus-max-1mb.gif

dan76

Not too interested really. I liked the original, it was a very focused intense game, but it could have done with some different environments - which would have probably made it less intense... It always felt like the middle part of a brilliant game. I also like the fact Isaac was silent, and we never saw his face. Each game was a step down, but all 3 were enjoyable.

This looks like a straight forward remake but with crap thrown in. The 360 version still looks, sounds and plays great. So no.

NinjaBoiX

Dead Space is right up there with my favourite games ever made, it’s a design masterpiece IMO.

But I won’t be buying it day 1, far too much else to play so I’m in no rush! I’ll be happy to buy it on sale down the line though.

GymWolf

Also true.
Pxb7nXZ.png
VKRByin.png

Left look like an egg with beard and puffy cheeks and the right look like a sexual predator that didn't sleept for a month.

Not sure why people are getting their shit riled up by the new model that looks absolutely fine in the launch trailer instead of cherry picked low quality screens...

Last edited:

Needlecrash

I'll get it. But, I think I'll wait on it. Need for Speed Unbound came out swinging with a $70 price tag on release day. A month later, it's between $35-$40 bucks.

Top Bottom