• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deals for you during Wuhan Flu

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
This thread is simply meant to be a dumping grounds for sales, freebies, or even just solid time-wasters that you wish to recommend to your fellow GAFers. Thanks Nymphae Nymphae and Mista Mista for the idea.

Below are existing threads to promote sales and good lockdown games:

Stay safe and keep gaming.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I don't know if it's been mentioned in one of the threads you posted but for people that get Microsoft Rewards points, Game Pass Ultimate is their 'Hot Deal' at 3mos for 24,000 points.
I got over 200k that I can't redeem thank to MS for region locking the feature

sublimit

Banned

Lara Croft Go is a must for those who like the atmosphere of Classic Tomb Raider.

Mista

Banned
EUF2z8MUwAIgWMc

Buy 2, Get 1 Free on Select Switch, PS4 & Xbox One Games via Target Starting Sunday

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

That sux. I wish they were transferable I'd beg for them. I could buy a lot of years of GP with all those points :messenger_beaming:

On a positive note, if they ever do open them up to your region you have a lot of free shit coming your way.

Mista

Banned
That sux. I wish they were transferable I'd beg for them. I could buy a lot of years of GP with all those points :messenger_beaming:

On a positive note, if they ever do open them up to your region you have a lot of free shit coming your way.
I mean 200k+ most be worth something yeah? Like maybe around $100?

Helios

Capcom Mega bundle. Also includes discounts to DMC5/RE2 at higher tiers
A lot of SNK classic games for cheap. I got my fighting game fix for a while.
Some weeb game that I know some people like. Free to keep until 30th mar.
Endless Franchise Sale. Endless Legend free-to-play this weekend
Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ -70%
Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™ -50%
F.E.A.R. -75%
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -75%
F.E.A.R. 3 -75%
50 % + free to play weekend

Weekly epic game store free games. This week is World War Z, Figment and Tormentor x Punisher. Kudos to jshackles jshackles and IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo for updating the thread :messenger_heart:
Is game pass not available in your country either? I know your pain, bruv.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Weekly epic game store free games. This week is World War Z, Figment and Tormentor x Punisher. Kudos to jshackles jshackles and IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo for updating the thread :messenger_heart:

I'll add the Epic Games Store link to the OP. Thank you!

Mista

Banned
Its just stupid. It is available but since my account is US theres couple of things I can obtain because they're region locked

Welcome to 2006 baby!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Any great fighting games for whilst we fight the kung flu?
The GG Strive beta goes live in a few weeks:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
The PSN March sale's been pretty good to me. Was able to get Catherine: Full Body and a bunch of weeb shit on the cheap.

Speaking of which... I probably have time to play through Catherine before RE3 and FFVII hit. Maybe I should do that this weekend.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There are tons of free games being given away on itch.io. Unfortunately there isn't a very good way to aggregate them all into one place, but this link should catch most of them that are -100%.

Pokemon Go has a deal in response to the Coronavirus: get 30 incense (Pokemon come to you, instead of you walking around) or 100 Pokeballs (so you don't have to visit pokestops) for 1 Pokecoin each.

winter-incense-box.png

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ -70%
Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™ -50%
F.E.A.R. -75%
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -75%
F.E.A.R. 3 -75%
50 % + free to play weekend

Octopath traveller is so fucking expensive as Digital.

I pick F.E.A.R. Bundle of STEAM With FEAR 1, PROJECT ORIGIN AND FEAR 3 , all dlc of them for 5 Dollars, so fucking a deal!!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Play-Asia still has their spring sale going on:

Lots of boobie simulators for lonely lockdown times.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

FREE until March 30th

FREE until March 31st

Last edited:

GHG

You can get the following 2 games for $1 on humble bundle:

---

Cities Skylines free weekend on Steam and 80% off:

---

Resident evil 4 HD $3.50:

Deadcore $2.14:

Last edited:

Flintty

You can get the following 2 games for $1 on humble bundle:

---

Cities Skylines free weekend on Steam and 80% off:

---

Resident evil 4 HD $3.50:

Deadcore $2.14:

Ah man I played Cities Skylines to death on Xbox. I bet it’s even better on PC.

GHG

Ah man I played Cities Skylines to death on Xbox. I bet it’s even better on PC.

Not played much of it myself since these types of games are a bit too much of a time sink for me these days (and I can get unhealthily addicted to them) but people who play it seem to love it.

The mods available make it an entirely different beast:

Mista

Banned
God Eater 3 (PS4) $18.03 via Amazon (Prime Eligible)

Monster Hunter: World – Iceborne $26.99 (DRM: Steam) via Indiegala

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 $49.99 (DRM: Steam) via Indiegala

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown $20.99 (DRM: Steam) via Indiegala

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team Dx $52 via Amazon (Prime Eligible)

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (PS4) $37.90 via Amazon (Prime Eligible)

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
How are the Baldur's Gate games? Would anyone say they're outdated? Have $10 coupon for gamefly and see they have an enhanced version of them coming to Ps4.

Actually may just get Concrete Genie for $10. Undecided tho lol

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Death Stranding half off:

How are the Baldur's Gate games? Would anyone say they're outdated? Have $10 coupon for gamefly and see they have an enhanced version of them coming to Ps4.

Scopa Scopa went through the console ports recently.

I haven't played them in years but I enjoyed them enough to replay them a few times.

Mista

Banned
Spec Ops: The Line $5.49 (DRM: Steam) via Chrono

Dreams (PS4) $34.11 via Amazon (Prime Eligible)

Pre-Order: The Wonderful 101: Remastered (PS4/S) $39.99 via Amazon (Prime Eligible)

Nier, Automata Game of The Yorha Edition (PS4) $19.99 via Amazon (Prime Eligible)

WWE 2K20 (PS4/X1) $19.99 via Best Buy

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PS4/X1) $14.99 via Best Buy

Disco Elysium $29.99 via GOG

Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition (PS4/X1) $39.99 via Amazon (Prime Eligible)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PS4/X1) $14.99 via Amazon (Prime Eligible)

how are the baldurs gate ports for switch? should i just get them on gog or is it worth the portability? ive never played them

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

Scopa Scopa Scopa Scopa went through the console ports recently.

I haven't played them in years but I enjoyed them enough to replay them a few times.
how are the baldurs gate ports for switch? should i just get them on gog or is it worth the portability? ive never played them
They are showing their age, but that doesn’t bother me in the slightest, though. The devs did a great job updating the UI and controls for console. It takes a bit of initial time, but once the controls become second nature, they’re great. The games can be old school hard. As in, they don’t hold your hand and lead you by the nose. Expect to Google stuff a lot. I enjoyed them immensely.

I loved playing them on Switch, but KEEP IN MIND: Both games had a severe bug where the game could crash to “home menu” with an error code and the result is you could lose your save game.

I worked out a way to prevent this by only saving when there was not much action on screen and not immediately after I had been using inventory or chests/barrels. I think it had something to do with inventory lists populating in the background while you are trying to save. Also, keeping multiple save files and saving often.

I sent a bug report to Beamdog and they said they are on it. Not sure if that was an automated response or not. That was months ago, but last time I played, the bug hadn’t been patched out.

SleepDoctor

Banned
They are showing their age, but that doesn’t bother me in the slightest, though. The devs did a great job updating the UI and controls for console. It takes a bit of initial time, but once the controls become second nature, they’re great. The games can be old school hard. As in, they don’t hold your hand and lead you by the nose. Expect to Google stuff a lot. I enjoyed them immensely.

I loved playing them on Switch, but KEEP IN MIND: Both games had a severe bug where the game could crash to “home menu” with an error code and the result is you could lose your save game.

I worked out a way to prevent this by only saving when there was not much action on screen and not immediately after I had been using inventory or chests/barrels. I think it had something to do with inventory lists populating in the background while you are trying to save. Also, keeping multiple save files and saving often.

I sent a bug report to Beamdog and they said they are on it. Not sure if that was an automated response or not. That was months ago, but last time I played, the bug hadn’t been patched out.

Thanks a lot. Maybe I'll wait till that bugs addressed.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Thanks a lot. Maybe I'll wait till that bugs addressed.
It’s up to you.

Like I said, I’m not sure what the current situation is. They may have patched it by now.

If you follow what I said (save often/keep multiple save files/only save after exiting your inventory and waiting 3-5 seconds), then the bug is a rare occurrence and if it does occur, you’ve hopefully got a previous save file from a few minutes before (it only deletes your latest save during the bug) and you won’t lose too much progress.

Either way, I hope you get to enjoy them at some point.

Dr.Morris79

It’s up to you.

Like I said, I’m not sure what the current situation is. They may have patched it by now.

If you follow what I said (save often/keep multiple save files/only save after exiting your inventory and waiting 3-5 seconds), then the bug is a rare occurrence and if it does occur, you’ve hopefully got a previous save file from a few minutes before (it only deletes your latest save during the bug) and you won’t lose too much progress.

Either way, I hope you get to enjoy them at some point.
That was great to know before I get stuck in, cheers :)

Top Bottom